OT: 60th Obsequious Banter Thread: Some Guy Named Nate Raduns

Status
Not open for further replies.

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
Fall is by far and away the best season for me.

There is NOTHING more I like more than a fall Sunday @ 5pm in New Jersey...its chilly outside, the sauce I made all day is finally ready to be eaten with a pasta or chicken dish of some sort, and the 4pm Football game is on....

That is pure nostalgia for me.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013

There is NOTHING more I like more than a fall Sunday @ 5pm in New Jersey...its chilly outside, the sauce I made all day is finally ready to be eaten with a pasta or chicken dish of some sort, and the 4pm Football game is on....

You know it's basically spring right?

Chicken Chaser

Zaphod Beeblebrox
Mar 21, 2009
St. James's Gate
Never understood people who prefer fall over spring. Temperature wise they're very similar - but instead of gaining light each day, you're losing it - everything is dying instead of blooming, and in a few months it's literally frozen and dark until Spring... Also in case you haven't noticed women start take off layers of clothes as spring moves into the summer months... as opposed to the exact opposite thing happening in the fall/winter.

f*** Fall - Winter is coming.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Never understood people who prefer fall over spring. Temperature wise they're very similar - but instead of gaining light each day, you're losing it - everything is dying instead of blooming, and in a few months it's literally frozen and dark until Spring... Also in case you haven't noticed women start take off layers of clothes as spring moves into the summer months... as opposed to the exact opposite thing happening in the fall/winter.

**** Fall - Winter is coming.

Fall is my favorite season.

Come at me, bro.

Chicken Chaser

Zaphod Beeblebrox
Mar 21, 2009
St. James's Gate
Game of Thrones is typically in the spring too. The Spring/Summer concert tours start, March Madness, Playoff Hockey, Baseball season begins, Fishing season opens, HoagieFest is just around the corner, Galivanting through fields of blooming wildflowers... I could go on for days.

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
I HATE the fall. It's getting colder outside by the day which is depressing, and then it starts getting darker earlier to boot. It also reminds me of my childhood summer vacations ending.

Spring used to be my favorite, that first day after winter where its sunny and warm and you're finally like "Spring is here!!!" is amazing. Although recently I've developed some minor allergies in the Spring, which is a nuisance.

I prefer Spring / Summer now, I love warm weather. 75-85 and sunny is perfect.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013

I agree with everything about the post. Except the New Jersey part.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
It depends on where you live. When I was living in Iran summer was brutal. When I lived in California and the East Coast, fall was perfection.

Winter suck pretty much everywhere except where its hot all the time.

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
I'd like to see someone defend warm weather after living here for six years. I wouldn't actually like to see that because I'd have to cave in that person's brain with a cinder block and reconstruct it from scratch.
I thought we were friends :(:laugh:

Seriously though as much as I love warm/hot weather, I despise humidity. It can be 95 and sunny for all I care and I'd still be happy, but if its super humid its torture.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I thought we were friends :(:laugh:

Seriously though as much as I love warm/hot weather, I despise humidity. It can be 95 and sunny for all I care and I'd still be happy, but if its super humid its torture.

We are friends ;) I'm just saying, people can't conceive what it's like to live in oppressive heat 365 days per year until you do it. I never liked hot weather to begin with, so I was never going to like it here, I knew that going in. I just didn't realize how funky it feels to never, ever have the seasons change. It's obscene. St. Louis weather, at its worst, is worse than the worst I have felt here - but it changes. That is the whole difference. I could whine my way through a summer and then heave a sigh of relief in fall (my favorite season, too). Here I whine my way through January to May, then close my mouth so I don't drown in the monsoons - which relieve exactly 0% of the heat and sometimes exacerbate it - and then resume my whining in October.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
Fall is my favorite season.

Come at me, bro.

Game of Thrones is typically in the spring too. The Spring/Summer concert tours start, March Madness, Playoff Hockey, Baseball season begins, Fishing season opens, HoagieFest is just around the corner, Galivanting through fields of blooming wildflowers... I could go on for days.

I HATE the fall. It's getting colder outside by the day which is depressing, and then it starts getting darker earlier to boot. It also reminds me of my childhood summer vacations ending.

Spring used to be my favorite, that first day after winter where its sunny and warm and you're finally like "Spring is here!!!" is amazing. Although recently I've developed some minor allergies in the Spring, which is a nuisance.

I prefer Spring / Summer now, I love warm weather. 75-85 and sunny is perfect.

I agree with everything about the post. Except the New Jersey part.

This is the best way to handle the difference between Fall and Spring

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
I have one class on Tuesdays/Thursdays, an 8 AM music 101 class. Today was supposed to be our first "singing" test in which, one by one, alone in the room, we just have to verbally recite a few measures of notes to the professor while conducting along to whatever the meter is. She told us it we'd just have to do three of them and then we could leave.

I wanted to get it early with so I got to the classroom ten minutes early and after five minutes of waiting outside, no one, not even our professor came. I started to get worried that maybe she had moved the location of the test since it was more private than a typical exam.

So I checked my email and saw that YESTERDAY, at noon, she emailed us that she was sick and had to postpone our exam to Thursday. I got up at 6:15 and wasted a 25 minute drive to campus (and ride back home) for nothing when I could've just had a free day at home, all because I didn't check my email yesterday. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Moral of the story: check your email every ****ing day. It's common sense, but I have none.

Last edited:

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
The one thing that fall will always have over the other seasons is the food. Everything is apple and cinnamon and pumpkin. I miss being able to properly do Halloween but everyone has kids so I have nobody to party with that night. Now that my parents are in an apartment complex we can't do the ol' Haunted Porch. I haven't made a costume in a few years now. :(

Reactions: Strawberry Fields

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
On the topic of weather, I hate these really warm days in February. We've had a couple 60, 70 degree days in the last week or so.

It makes me think it's late April or early May. Then I snap back into reality and remember it's February and I still have two and a half months left in the semester, not two and a half weeks.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Flyerfan13

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2016
The one thing that fall will always have over the other seasons is the food. Everything is apple and cinnamon and pumpkin. I miss being able to properly do Halloween but everyone has kids so I have nobody to party with that night. Now that my parents are in an apartment complex we can't do the ol' Haunted Porch. I haven't made a costume in a few years now. :(

Just an idea but the volunteer fire companies and non profit organizations here do haunted houses to raise money. They r always looking for volunteers to dress up and scare the crap out of people. Maybe they have something like this where u live?

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
Just an idea but the volunteer fire companies and non profit organizations here do haunted houses to raise money. They r always looking for volunteers to dress up and scare the crap out of people. Maybe they have something like this where u live?
They definitely have volunteer fire departments since I kinda grew up in one but I don't know who does what anymore. I usually see an area church doing what looks like one of those "scared straight" haunted houses every year. There's gotta be an abortion room and it's probably hilarious.

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
I have one class on Tuesdays/Thursdays, an 8 AM music 101 class. Today was supposed to be our first "singing" test in which, one by one, alone in the room, we just have to verbally recite a few measures of notes to the professor while conducting along to whatever the meter is. She told us it we'd just have to do three of them and then we could leave.

I wanted to get it early with so I got to the classroom ten minutes early and after five minutes of waiting outside, no one, not even our professor came. I started to get worried that maybe she had moved the location of the test since it was more private than a typical exam.

So I checked my email and saw that YESTERDAY, at noon, she emailed us that she was sick and had to postpone our exam to Thursday. I got up at 6:15 and wasted a 25 minute drive to campus (and ride back home) for nothing when I could've just had a free day at home, all because I didn't check my email yesterday. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Moral of the story: check your email every ****ing day. It's common sense, but I have none.
Tsk tsk rookie mistake :laugh:

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

I'm occasionally tempted to do that to the students out of spite if they are particularly horrible lol. I don't, of course, but I'm tempted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad