OT: 60th Obsequious Banter Thread: Some Guy Named Nate Raduns

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
On Friday night, after coming out of a restaurant in Lancaster, I saw a license plate cover/border for Brazzers... sure.. :laugh:. I have the picture, but I'd like to edit out the license plate first.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
The correct answer to this is Friends

I don't know how serious you could take someone who made more of "Friends" than it was, though, which was just an easy, pleasant diversion - unless you hated it, in which case it was a cloying, fart-inhaling cringefest.

Funny thing, I read this article on the BBC website that lambasted the show 20 years on from its debut for its insensitivity, homophobia, etc. I was triggered - not because I have any loyalty to "Friends," but because I thought "People are so desperate to find something to be insulted and offended by that they are now combing through the archives to have something to cry about." Well, I had "Friends" on Netflix and was bingeing it just to have something on in the background, and the article was actually spot-on - it wouldn't get away with half of the things they said today lol. It was pretty non-stop, and it would have to be for me to flinch at it.

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
I don't know how serious you could take someone who made more of "Friends" than it was, though, which was just an easy, pleasant diversion - unless you hated it, in which case it was a cloying, fart-inhaling cringefest.

Funny thing, I read this article on the BBC website that lambasted the show 20 years on from its debut for its insensitivity, homophobia, etc. I was triggered - not because I have any loyalty to "Friends," but because I thought "People are so desperate to find something to be insulted and offended by that they are now combing through the archives to have something to cry about." Well, I had "Friends" on Netflix and was bingeing it just to have something on in the background, and the article was actually spot-on - it wouldn't get away with half of the things they said today lol. It was pretty non-stop, and it would have to be for me to flinch at it.

I just keep hearing Friends was the greatest show of the 2000s, better than Seinfeld was in the 1990s and I'm like no not even close

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
The correct answer to this is Friends
Not a fan of that either, but the way people talk about The Wire is on a different level than any other show I’ve ever heard of.

I’ve seen people call it 100% perfection and say they rewatch the entire series every year. Based on the insane hype, I was expecting so much more and I kept watching and thinking “ok, so when is this going to start blowing my mind...?”... and 3-4 seasons later, I was still waiting. It wasn’t the worst thing I’ve ever watched, but it came nowhere close to its reputation.

The Rage Kage

Apr 21, 2014
I think i'm gonna have to go rewatch that. It was fantastic.

I couldn't even make it half way into Season Two though.
I finished season two, I thought the last episode was good and made me even more disappointed because it showed real potential. HBO shouldnt have rushed Nic Pizzolato (showrunner) to finish the second season. He had years to write the first one but months to do the second. At least he has had plenty of time to work on the third season, I'm optimistic.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
I'd say the perfect TV show was Band of Brothers. I literally can't think of a single complaint other than I hated that it ended.
I'll stand by that, except the ending. For the life of me I can't remember how it actually ends.
I'm a huge fan of generation kill as well.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I'll stand by that, except the ending. For the life of me I can't remember how it actually ends.
I'm a huge fan of generation kill as well.
The war ends and they end up at Hitlers Eagles Nest. Then they go home and it tells you what they did later in life after the war.

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
Parks and Rec is great, it's not really trying to rip off the Office IMO even though the documentary style is similar.

The one show that gets lumped in unfairly with those two a lot is Community. When it came out I thought it was a Parks and Rec rip off, but after going back to watch it, it's brilliant.

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
Parks and Rec I just find Amy Poehler to be so awkward that its not funny, and yes I know Leslie Knope is supposed to be awkward but the humor just feels so forced. The only character I found remotely funny was Ron Swanson

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I was not a fan of The Office but holy shit is Parks and Rec up there with the best comedy TV shows ever.
I think Brooklyn Nine Nine gets mentioned too little around here. Fantastic and consistently funny show.

Reactions: TroutHockey

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Season Four (Trinity Killer) of Dexter is my favorite season of television of all time.

If it wasn't for the last season, it would be leaps and bounds my favorite show of all time.

Reactions: Defect
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad