Confirmed with Link: 6 year extension for Kaiden Guhle (5.5m AAV)

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Wrong reference. Go find the history of Patrick McGoohan.
"I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own."
Be seeing you
1e420635826d1104bf85ef47d26ed888.gif

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I don't think he was looking for $8M, kind of don't make any sense.
Maybe more around 6.8M-7.3M on a 8 years was probably their target but no way he could have asked more than Slaf/Caufield/Suzuki.
I got this from Justin Blades Habseyeontheprize. I assumed it was accurate but it may not have been.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
TBF, you do want to set the bar higher than what you actually think you'll get, it's contract negotiation 101. Sanderson is a decent enough comparison, which makes Guhle's deal look even better for us in the end. Hughes was able to take that first volley and counter with something a lot more reasonable.

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
Whats not to like? A 1st pairing LHD cog signed for 8 years at less than superstar(s) Gally and Andy.. when are people going to understand how beneficial it is having the core locked in for 8 years at very reasonable cap %...

It's a breath of fresh air for this organization which has been mired in mediocracy for a generation..

The Core:
Cc-Szky-Slaf
Blank-Dach-Demidov
Guhle - Reinbacher
Lane- Mailloux
Xhekaj
Fowler

The Depth:
Tier 1: Nwhook/Hage/Beck/Roy/Barron/Struble
Monty
Tier 2:
Kapanen/Xhekaj/Harris/Engstrom
Primeau

Once the Vets get traded off, when our window opens (~2yrs) we are going to have a swath of tradeable assets and/or draft capital, but most importantly Cap Space to find the missing pieces..

If there was ever a time to trust the process, now is it.
So you're saying there's a plan? So far, Suzuki is worth his contract. CC is coming close to it. Can Slaf and Guhle do the same?

gusfring

Jul 4, 2006
TBF, you do want to set the bar higher than what you actually think you'll get, it's contract negotiation 101. Sanderson is a decent enough comparison, which makes Guhle's deal look even better for us in the end. Hughes was able to take that first volley and counter with something a lot more reasonable.
Sanderson is not a decent comparison. He's much better than Guhle. It's not close.

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
Sanderson is not a decent comparison. He's much better than Guhle. It's not close.
I mean, Guhle...
- Overproduced Sanderson at 5-on-5 on a per game basis
- Was definitely deployed in a tougher role
- Sometimes on his wrong side
- Got somewhat worse offensive support, which is crucial for a D-Men that's not a playmaking ace or a point shooter.
- Had good defensive numbers DESPITE the tough deployment, arguably NHL's toughest.

I wouldn't have wanted Guhle to get the Sanderson deal, but that is mostly due to health concerns. Sanderson is probably better, but he's definitely not much better.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
I see Guhle becoming our version of Esa Lindell...just a solid, all-around dependable Dman, but not a top pairing guy.

Lindell's a very very good dman, so not like that's insulting either.
Excellent comparison imo. I agree with you. That makes me a hater, I suppose.

• Haha
Reactions: Habs10Habs and 417

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I see Guhle becoming our version of Esa Lindell...just a solid, all-around dependable Dman, but not a top pairing guy.

Lindell's a very very good dman, so not like that's insulting either.
He's already better than Lindell, it's insulting, yes. Lindell produced 5 more 5v5 points in 60 more games as an obvious veteran playing on a powerhouse offensive team. He's also not physical, Guhle has played harder minutes on his off-side and is obviously better defensively.

And yes Esa Lindell is a good player.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

gusfring

Jul 4, 2006
I mean, Guhle...
- Got somewhat worse offensive support, which is crucial for a D-Men that's not a playmaking ace or a point shooter.
- Had good defensive numbers DESPITE the tough deployment, arguably NHL's toughest.

I wouldn't have wanted Guhle to get the Sanderson deal, but that is mostly due to health concerns. Sanderson is probably better, but he's definitely not much better.
Probably better? You've got to be kidding. Geez, put your bias aside.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
He's already better than Lindell, it's insulting, yes.
Sorry for hurting your feelings.
Lindell produced 5 more 5v5 points in 60 more games as an obvious veteran playing on a powerhouse offensive team. He's also not physical, Guhle has played harder minutes on his off-side and is obviously better defensively.

And yes Esa Lindell is a good player.
It was offered as a stylistic comparison, not meant to be carbon copy comparison.

Notice how I wrote "our (Habs) version of Esa Lindell".

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
Probably better? You've got to be kidding. Geez, put your bias aside.
He's probably better, because, while he looks to be a bit better at many things with the eye test (skating, transition, balance), the on-ice results don't exactly suggest an enormeous or even a particularily tangible difference.

Again, all of these things are factual and non-biased :

- Got somewhat worse offensive support, which is crucial for a D-Men that's not a playmaking ace or a point shooter (something Guhle, and Sanderson for that matter, aren't really)

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $729.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 1