GDT: #6: Wednesday, Oct. 21, 2015, Flyers at Bruins, 8:00 pm ET

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
And 2011? And like half the regular season games they've played against each other since?

Sorry, I just don't see it. So we sometimes beat them in the playoffs and they beat us. We meet in the regular season. Sounds like a normal team to me. How many players do we even have that faced Boston in 2010 and 2011? Giroux?

2010 playoffs?

They immediately avenged that in a way I imagine they found quite satisfying.

blinds

Jan 5, 2012
Sorry, I just don't see it. So we sometimes beat them in the playoffs and they beat us. We meet in the regular season. Sounds like a normal team to me. How many players do we even have that faced Boston in 2010 and 2011? Giroux?

They immediately avenged that in a way I imagine they found quite satisfying.

I think you have way too high of standards for rivalry night. We have pretty recent, significant playoff history with Boston, I'm fine with NBC calling it a rivalry. There wouldn't be enough rivalries in the NHL to even have a weekly rivalry night if they went by HF definitions.

They're probably happy with sweeping us after we had that comeback, but are any of us happy with getting swept after going to the Finals a year before? That's how you make rivalries.

Last edited:

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
Did not read many post last night cuz I watched the game during my night shift, but what are everyone thoughts of last nights second line? I thought they looked very poor (other then the first shift) I think they need to put Schenn back with Couts. Simmer doesn't seem to be able to handle bigger roles 5on5 and Read last night seemed to struggle with space and posession. It would be a good 3rd line, but they need more O from a second line stand point.

If Hax plans to play the 4th line so damn much then they need to make 2 solid offensive lines rather then trying balance out the lines . I really thought he misused Laughton and Schenn.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
It's only a rivalry in the sense that I guess all the big northeast cities are rivals with one another.

CodyTheHuman

Dec 31, 2014
California
Projected lines according to Meltzer

12 Michael Raffl - 28 Claude Giroux - 93 Jakub Voracek
24 Matt Read - 14 Sean Couturier - 17 Wayne Simmonds
20 R.J. Umberger - 21 Scott Laughton - 10 Brayden Schenn
76 Chris VandeVelde - 78 Pierre-Edouard Bellemare - 25 Ryan White

55 Nick Schultz - 32 Mark Streit
15 Michael Del Zotto - 22 Luke Schenn
82 Evgeny Medvedev - 3 Radko Gudas

I'd like to see Schenn back with Couturier, but I like Gagner being out (he's so soft on the puck) and Manning out.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Glad Schenn is back. But Schenn should be with Couts and put Simmonds with Laughton. Their styles would compliment each other. Manning being out is the best thing to happen to this team so far.

SgtJoseph*

All of this nonsense blaming MANNING for this and that is really quite juvenile folks .
We lose 2-1 last night, out shoot Dallas, missed again on MANY great quality scoring chances, and Niemi played lights out in goal . Not saying Manning is great blah blah blah, but its crazy talk making him some sort of scapegoat ...... FERGETABOUTIT !
I am pretty sure the coach will sort things out when they REALLY need to be sorted out .

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
All of this nonsense blaming MANNING for this and that is really quite juvenile folks .
We lose 2-1 last night, out shoot Dallas, missed again on MANY great quality scoring chances, and Niemi played lights out in goal . Not saying Manning is great blah blah blah, but its crazy talk making him some sort of scapegoat ...... FERGETABOUTIT !
I am pretty sure the coach will sort things out when they REALLY need to be sorted out .

Well Hakstol must agree...

because he just sorted it out and healthy scratched Manning.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Manning is what he is... a fringe NHL talent. The best you can hope is for him to not hurt you when he's out there. When he does that, he gets scratched. Pretty simple.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
No Manning or Gagner...
tiger-fist-pump-o.gif

It also feels weird not having that dreading feeling of a Bruins/Flyers matchup.

markzab

Sep 6, 2005
Philadelphia, PA.
Glad Schenn is back. But Schenn should be with Couts and put Simmonds with Laughton. Their styles would compliment each other. Manning being out is the best thing to happen to this team so far.

I keep looking at the line-up wondering what Simmonds has done to be on the 2nd line this year. I'm trying to continue to really see him as a strong offensive player for us, but for me, this season, he just looks so slow. I'd like to see he and B Schenn switched as well.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
**** so Giroux wont be :sarcasm:

Bergy is so good at home vs Giroux !:cry:

Tbf at 5v5 over their careers Giroux has actually outscored Bergeron when pitted against him...

though it is not due to Giroux being high-scoring against him, Giroux's offense halfs when vs Bergeron... but Bergerons offense dries up even more, resulting in a positive GF% for Giroux, but not many goals.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Tbf at 5v5 over their careers Giroux has actually outscored Bergeron when pitted against him...

though it is not due to Giroux being high-scoring against him, Giroux's offense halfs when vs Bergeron... but Bergerons offense dries up even more, resulting in a positive GF% for Giroux, but not many goals.
It's also the combination of him and Chara. They shadow Giroux all game. If Voracek can't find some open ice tonight, then I'll be really dissapointed.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

It's not about being a scapegoat.

It's about not being good.

Bottom line, if the Flyers want to trade Luke Schenn and Lecavalier, sitting in the press box isn't going to get it done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad