GDT: #6: Wednesday, Oct. 21, 2015, Flyers at Bruins, 8:00 pm ET

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2010
PA
Provorov Ghostisbehere Morin Hagg Koenecy NAK Provorov Ghostisbehere Morin Hagg Koenecy NAK Provorov Ghostisbehere Morin Hagg Koenecy NAK Provorov Ghostisbehere Morin Hagg Koenecy NAK

This season is going to suck.

Totally Radivojevic

Nov 6, 2007
Konecny needs another year to tear up the OHL.

Meh. I'm not big on the whole players having to beat up on inferior competition theory. He was the best player on the ice for the Flyers each preseason game, and could skate circles around the trash they're currently icing.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
The reason you dont understand my confusion is that you don't understand linear regression model. if you did then you would see how i could come to the conclusion that i did...

but i admit i was wrong. So there u go that is 1. keep going.

"If you were as smart as me you would have been confused too!" :laugh:

---

There are so many things I wish to say to you, Jtown, but I'd get banned.

I'll end it with this-- you're not as smart as you think you are. Get over yourself. People are tired of your act. You're not special. You're not any more objective than the average forum member. You think you are different than the sheep on here because you are willing to criticize players when others aren't. In reality, you don't know what you're talking about the majority of the time, but feel as though you do because you buck the consensus.

There is nothing wrong with criticizing players. There's nothing wrong with disagreeing with consensus. But your criticisms and objections should be grounded in reality. There are real criticisms of Giroux, Couturier, etc. Most reasonable people understand that. But the vast majority of your criticisms are mere reinforcements of your own preconceptions, and it gets frustrating hearing you spew the same drivel time and time again. Like I said, your act is tired. You fancy yourself a champion of objectivity, but you are simply an abject failure when it comes to presenting the real criticisms in a critical, well-thought out manner.

I don't think I'll be responding to you again.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
In such a short time you've completely forgotten how bad Lecavalier is. Nobody on this team is even remotely close to his level of trash.

I don't know if he could be worse than Simmer or Raffl right now and if one of these 2 was benched to send a message I would 100% back it.

They all look like they have quit already and that includes Mase. His head isn't right still and he shouldn't of returned. That last goal was MFL bad.

DogwoodFLY

Jul 13, 2009
I don't often stop watching, but that game is too painful to watch. That 5 minute power play was so painful.

The main culprit is lack of hustle to pucks in my opinion. I see a lot of guys particularly on the forecheck waiting for the puck to come to them rather than going to get the loose pucks it really shooting us in the foot cause we are basically forfeiting time and space in the interest of not moving our feet.

Really disappointed with pretty much the entire team. The fact that the defense has been allowed to become this ****ing bad is depressing. This is the kind of bad that ruins the potential in good players. Just confidence killing.

CodyTheHuman

Dec 31, 2014
California
You know what this team is missing? Huge side burns. The Flyers in the 70s had sideburns and won two cups. No sideburns currently, no cups.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
"If you were as smart as me you would have been confused too!" :laugh:

---

There are so many things I wish to say to you, Jtown, but I'd get banned.

I'll end it with this-- you're not as smart as you think you are. Get over yourself. People are tired of your act. You're not special. You're not any more objective than the average forum member. You think you are different than the sheep on here because you are willing to criticize players when others aren't. In reality, you don't know what you're talking about the majority of the time, but feel as though you do because you buck the consensus.

There is nothing wrong with criticizing players. There's nothing wrong with disagreeing with consensus. But your criticisms and objections should be grounded in reality. There are real criticisms of Giroux, Couturier, etc. Most reasonable people understand that. But the vast majority of your criticisms are mere reinforcements of your own preconceptions, and it gets frustrating hearing you spew the same drivel time and time again. Like I said, your act is tired. You fancy yourself a champion of objectivity, but you are simply an abject failure when it comes to presenting the real criticisms in a critical, well-thought out manner.

I don't think I'll be responding to you again.

hf7 i really will miss our banter. and pm me anytime to let me know what you really think bud. I dont ever want you to feel censored.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Vinny will probably play Saturday. I don't think BSchenn and Coots will be out for too long, but they'll surely both miss the next game.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I don't know if he could be worse than Simmer or Raffl right now and if one of these 2 was benched to send a message I would 100% back it.

They all look like they have quit already and that includes Mase. His head isn't right still and he shouldn't of returned. That last goal was MFL bad.

I think it is likely a combo of 3 things:

1. They were shell-shocked by the Couturier hit. A guy you spent years in the locker-room with, friends with etc throwing an illegal, nasty, POS hit like that...

2. Schenn AND Couturier both not playing... they are our 3rd and 4th best EV forwards.

3. They played a hard fought, quick paced game vs Dallas last night.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Ugh, you people are making me work. On my phone, too.

Now that the frustrated bloodletting is done, lets please refrain from bickering and focus on the...thing...we are viewing. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad