OT: 58th Obsequious Banter Thread - Something Something Leier

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Embiid

This show is now rated "PG"
May 27, 2010
Negadelphia
Anyone in the Philly area experience the Swarm of flying insects this afternoon? I got home around 5 and there was nothing unusual. 15 minutes later I went to go outside to plug my car in and boom, bugs every where. I thought they were bees at first. Looked like there was a honey bee nest that someone destroyed causing them to swarm all over the place. Took another 2 hour before most of them where gone.

Really weird occurrence, never remember that happening here before.

Just saw this

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2017/09/11/gnats-swarm-philly/

Hurricanes, earthquakes, fires...pestilence. End of days???

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)

Embiid

May 27, 2010
Negadelphia
There's also wars and rumours of wars in the apocalyptic mix.

As a biblical scholar, I can confirm that the Maple Leafs winning the Stanley Cup is one of the seven signs, so we had best hope they are overhyped.

Oh yeah...and that too! North Korea vs US......and who knows what other unnatural disasters may beset the human race. I believe there are some unknown near earth asteroids out there as well.

The Leafs winning the Cup will definitely move the doomsday clock to high noon...

oh..and I have been having some real foreboding dreams of being around Trump at parties or social gatherings....they are bizarre and disturbing because he completely acts like an imbecile at them. I don't know what these dreams mean but obviously the man has entered into my subconscious more than I want or care to want. Might be my avatar or the 24/7 news cycle that talks about him (the personality) vs the issues that really matter. We are all victims to this cult of personality and presidential brand of inanity he has created...SAD!

Last edited:

Danko

The Bearer of Bad Knees
Jul 28, 2004
New iPhone X looks stupid. The Cameras look dumb, it's $1,000 bucks. No Thanks

Danko

The Bearer of Bad Knees
Jul 28, 2004
That phone is not worth $1000.

The top camera/biometric area looks so out of place and would annoy the crap out of me. the need to use a button on the side of the device for apple pay, face id is a step back from the home button.

Wireless Charging is years overdue, but so segmented that it's not a killer feature.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
I'm almost always willing to spend for better tech, but I currently have a Note 3 for personal use and Nexus 6P with a security-focused OS for work and I don't see that changing anytime soon. There's no need to spend anywhere near current flagship prices. The ones that make me consider a change are more often than not targeted for developing nations.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
No phone is worth $1k.

This. I would never pay 1000 dollars for a phone. I don't even like paying 1000 dollars for a car.

Agreed.

For $1000 that phone better do **** around the house too. Mow the grass, vacuum, clean up dog ****, do the dishes, etc etc etc. Then when it's done it better get a job and pay itself off because I'm not paying $1000 for it to do the same **** that my free iPhone 6 currently does. I just need it to text, read twitter, read hfboards, and watch YouTube videos. :laugh:

Danko

The Bearer of Bad Knees
Jul 28, 2004
Agreed.

For $1000 that phone better do **** around the house too. Mow the grass, vacuum, clean up dog ****, do the dishes, etc etc etc. Then when it's done it better get a job and pay itself off because I'm not paying $1000 for it to do the same **** that my free iPhone 6 currently does. I just need it to text, read twitter, read hfboards, and watch YouTube videos. :laugh:

How is this possible, it's ridiculous on Safari with the amount of ads. Wish there was a better mobile version, i've tried the hfmobile theme to

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
How is this possible, it's ridiculous on Safari with the amount of ads. Wish there was a better mobile version, i've tried the hfmobile theme to

The only time I have issues is when there's those ads that pop up in the middle that you need to X out, but the x is microscopic.

Embiid

May 27, 2010
Negadelphia
I have the Galaxy S8+ ...it is a nice piece of hardware. Less than 1K but it was expensive when I first got it....around 800 bucks. I think there are deals now. Camera kicks butt as always on the Galaxy. The facial recognition and iris scan I think can be fooled by a picture ..or so I have read. There is no home button and the S8+ screen is nice and big. The fingerprint lens is oddly placed but no big deal. It is a nice phone all around...also has wireless charging and best of all has quick charge. Apple hasn't done anything groundbreaking with this newest model from what I've seen so far at least not insofar as to justify 1k as a price.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Sadly, my girlfriend's 5X did a perma-bootloop after a year so she needed to get a new one and now she has a Moto G5 Plus. Really good phone, but a meh camera. My 6P is really on its last legs as the battery is total garbage. Like, if I start a game or an app at 70 to 75%, it will shut off.

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
I'm pretty sure the Samsung galaxy S8 already has most of these features for nearly half the price...but it's not Apple sooooo

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Yea, I was gonna say, so the new features on the new phone are features that other phones have had for years? Apple is garbage.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I have never paid more than $100 for a phone and usually pay no more than $50 when its time to renew my contract every 2 years.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Sadly, I will probably pay for a 64GB/128GB Pixel 2 XL when it comes out. I'm betting for all of that, that it could be 850+. I need a new phone badly and stock Android/directly from Google phones are hard to not have after having a Nexus phone.

CodyTheHuman

Dec 31, 2014
California
Sadly, I will probably pay for a 64GB/128GB Pixel 2 XL when it comes out. I'm betting for all of that, that it could be 850+. I need a new phone badly and stock Android/directly from Google phones are hard to not have after having a Nexus phone.

Root it and install a stock OS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad