#56 KINGS lose to PENGUINS 4-1 in Regulation

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
The hardest working player we've had in years. Always says how he needs to improve, even after a win. Plays with more heart than most of this entire roster. Never makes excuses, ever. Etc.

I could go on, but the guy defines leadership and working by example.

I agree 100%, but I just don't think it's a good idea to give a goalie the C.

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
The hardest working player we've had in years. Always says how he needs to improve, even after a win. Plays with more heart than most of this entire roster. Never makes excuses, ever. Unbelievable drive to win. Etc.

I could go on, but the guy defines leadership and working by example.

Oh, I love Quick for all the reasons that you've stated. It's just so rare that a goalie is ever a captain. Personally, I wouldn't know who to vote as our new captain, but I do want someone who's not afraid to show some emotions on and off the ice.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Oh, I love Quick for all the reasons that you've stated. It's just so rare that a goalie is ever a captain. Personally, I wouldn't know who to vote as our new captain, but I do want someone who's not afraid to show some emotions on and off the ice.

Or we could not even have letters. Talk about a gut punch.

It would send one hell of a message.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
If DL doesn't think this team has it in it to win the cup, does he buy a rental or start pawning off our guys?

Moses Doughty

Aug 19, 2008
I don't think we need to trade Brown and Richards to shore up what is needed.

Girardi-PK help, not terrible on offense, frees up Drew. If he was actually dealt, they'd want a dman back. You go with Muzzin or Greene, prospect, pick.

Goc-Shouldn't take much more than a future 2nd at most. Goc is a better, cheaper Stoll and we could even resign him for a year or two to make sure Vey/Shore is ready for an expanded role

Moulson/Cammy-Vanek isn't happening. These two guys should be around the same value, and Cammy would have to come at 50%-60% cap hit. One of Vey/Shore/Pearson+ would be the price.

Trade Clifford for a pick for cap reasons and he's expendable(assuming it was Muzzin and not Greene who was dealt)

FORWARDS
Mike Cammalleri ($3.000m—50.00%) / Anze Kopitar ($6.800m) / Justin Williams ($3.650m)
Dwight King ($0.750m) / Jeff Carter ($5.273m) / Dustin Brown ($3.175m)
Marcel Goc ($1.700m) / Mike Richards ($5.750m) / Tyler Toffoli ($0.717m)
Kyle Clifford ($1.075m) / Trevor Lewis ($1.325m) / Jordan Nolan ($0.700m)
Colin Fraser ($0.825m) / Matt Frattin ($0.438m)

DEFENSEMEN
Drew Doughty ($7.000m) / Dan Girardi ($3.325m)
Slava Voynov ($4.167m) / Willie Mitchell ($3.500m)
Robyn Regehr ($3.000m) / Alec Martinez ($1.100m)
Jake Muzzin ($1.000m)

GOALTENDERS
Jonathan Quick ($5.800m)
Martin Jones ($0.550m)
------
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; BONUSES: $153,333
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $1,419,749

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Quick shouldn't be a captain. He's not a media type. You don't want him skating over to the refs all the time etc.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
I have to wonder just how much replacing Hextall with Blake has changed the identity of this team? We don't hit anymore. We don't get in anyone's face. No passion, no emotion.

It also wouldn't surprise me one bit if Brown went on IR after the olympics. The guy just isn't right.

KingKopitar11*

Would it kill sutter to talk with some anger or something?

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
This doesn't feel like a slump, because even in a slump, you compete and show a lot of emotion. The kings in general have just looked lackluster and just not competing the way they should. There's something deeper there imo.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Agree with KK11, wouldn't want the captainacy pressure on Quick. Don't want the luongo problem to happen to quick

KingKopitar11*

I have to wonder just how much replacing Hextall with Blake has changed the identity of this team? We don't hit anymore. We don't get in anyone's face. No passion, no emotion.

It also wouldn't surprise me one bit if Brown went on IR after the olympics. The guy just isn't right.

Nope. It was like that last season as well. We've never been a team that gets in anyones face.

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia

So Blake is responsible for their best start to the season?

Something happened on that road trip with the Kings and they never recovered from it.

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Lol Sutter saying we need a big save.

Sutter is grasping at straws, he has exhausted all options of getting the team out of the slump other than trying to ride it out and weather the storm. It's all Quick's fault that we didn't win 1-0, as usual.

onlyalad

The bounce
Jan 13, 2008

Against the rules to have a goalie as captain.
Copied from elsewhere
Prior to the 1948–49 season, the NHL made a change to the rules, prohibiting goalies from being captains or alternate captains. This was in response to complaints from opponents of the Montreal Canadiens, who complained that Durnan left his crease to argue with the referee at strategic points during games, resulting in unscheduled timeouts. This rule is sometimes referred to as the "Durnan Rule".[31]
Although the Canucks appointed Roberto Luongo as its team captain for the 2008–09 and 2009–10 seasons, since he could not be his team's official on-ice captain, Willie Mitchell acted as the official on-ice captain, serving as liaison to the officials, and Henrik Sedin and Mattias Ohlund performed ceremonial aspects of the position such as pre-game faceoffs.[32]

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
Sutter is grasping at straws, he has exhausted all options of getting the team out of the slump other than trying to ride it out and weather the storm. It's all Quick's fault that we didn't win 1-0, as usual.

Grasping at straws, talking out of his ass...haven't we heard enough of his bs already?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad