GDT: #55 | Flyers at Maple Leafs | February 15, 2024 | 7:00 PM | NBCSP

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Hilarious that they dress both Staal and Delturdbag instead of letting Olle play. Guess their afraid to put him out against the big bad Leafs

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
How's Brink been down on the farm
From less than a week ago....

In his first games back with the Phantoms on Jan. 26 and 27, Brink popped in three goals including an absolute missile cutting across the high slot and connecting to the upper-left corner. On a line with fellow young prospect Samu Tuomaala and experienced center Rhett Gardner, he had the freedom to create and buzz and generate chances all over the place.

But it seems unlikely that Brink will simply be able to score his way back up to the Flyers. There’s more work to be done. Tortorella says he wants to see greater progress and accountability in other areas of Brink’s game as well.

“Everything,” Tortorella said. “Practice habits. How he handles himself. Away from the puck. Everything a young man that has to go through the process does. The part for me is to get out of the way of the offensive skill that he has and teach him plays away from the puck. He has been inconsistent enough to the point where we think other guys are playing better and that we cannot afford to have him sitting.

“He needs to go down and play a ton of minutes in a great league.”

Also key for Brink’s development is a willingness to embrace the challenge and overcome the understandable emotions that any player can feel when they are removed from an NHL roster.

“You can’t take it as a disappointment or else it’s just going to affect the way you play down here,” Brink said. “I mean, you get some adversity and it’s all about how you face that adversity. I’m coming down here and I’m trying to have a good attitude and be a part of this team and help this team win. It’s a great group of guys in there. You come to the rink and everyone’s having fun so that helps you come in with a good attitude.

“And I don’t have a choice. I have to come in and play well.”

Brink has received the message and he’s going to get repeated opportunities from Laperriere, who says he is going to continue to play him a lot for as long as he has him on the Phantoms roster.

“Just play your game,” Laperriere said. “Play hard and make plays. That’s what we want him to do. That’s what they want him to do, the organization.

“Bobby’s a great kid. He wants to get back to the next level and I can’t blame him. That’s the best league in the world. But Bobby is Bobby. He’s going to be fine. I’m not expecting to have him too long because he’s so talented. The message is he needs to play. And he will play.”

How long will it be before he returns to the Flyers? Nobody knows the answer to that of course. But ask some of his teammates and they will quickly tell you what they think of Brink’s potential time frame with the Phantoms – as well as his incredible playmaking abilities.

“He’s incredible with the puck,” Wade Allison said. “Just the way he sees the ice is something else. He won’t be here for long.”

Reactions: trostol and BigToe

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
From less than a week ago....

In his first games back with the Phantoms on Jan. 26 and 27, Brink popped in three goals including an absolute missile cutting across the high slot and connecting to the upper-left corner. On a line with fellow young prospect Samu Tuomaala and experienced center Rhett Gardner, he had the freedom to create and buzz and generate chances all over the place.

But it seems unlikely that Brink will simply be able to score his way back up to the Flyers. There’s more work to be done. Tortorella says he wants to see greater progress and accountability in other areas of Brink’s game as well.

“Everything,” Tortorella said. “Practice habits. How he handles himself. Away from the puck. Everything a young man that has to go through the process does. The part for me is to get out of the way of the offensive skill that he has and teach him plays away from the puck. He has been inconsistent enough to the point where we think other guys are playing better and that we cannot afford to have him sitting.

“He needs to go down and play a ton of minutes in a great league.”

Also key for Brink’s development is a willingness to embrace the challenge and overcome the understandable emotions that any player can feel when they are removed from an NHL roster.

“You can’t take it as a disappointment or else it’s just going to affect the way you play down here,” Brink said. “I mean, you get some adversity and it’s all about how you face that adversity. I’m coming down here and I’m trying to have a good attitude and be a part of this team and help this team win. It’s a great group of guys in there. You come to the rink and everyone’s having fun so that helps you come in with a good attitude.

“And I don’t have a choice. I have to come in and play well.”

Brink has received the message and he’s going to get repeated opportunities from Laperriere, who says he is going to continue to play him a lot for as long as he has him on the Phantoms roster.

“Just play your game,” Laperriere said. “Play hard and make plays. That’s what we want him to do. That’s what they want him to do, the organization.

“Bobby’s a great kid. He wants to get back to the next level and I can’t blame him. That’s the best league in the world. But Bobby is Bobby. He’s going to be fine. I’m not expecting to have him too long because he’s so talented. The message is he needs to play. And he will play.”

How long will it be before he returns to the Flyers? Nobody knows the answer to that of course. But ask some of his teammates and they will quickly tell you what they think of Brink’s potential time frame with the Phantoms – as well as his incredible playmaking abilities.

“He’s incredible with the puck,” Wade Allison said. “Just the way he sees the ice is something else. He won’t be here for long.”
Forgot about Allison

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
You guys remember Bryan McCabe? The Flyers worked him so hard during that 2004 playoff series...he was a disaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad