Value of: 5 first round picks vs Bedard

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

5 first round picks or Bedard

• Bedard

Votes: 293 93.6%
  • 9th, 18th, 21st, 26th, 30th

Votes: 20 6.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
If the Blues traded Parayko and Vrana in the offseason and wound up with 5 first round picks, would you rather have the picks or Bedard?

For more context I’m putting the picks at 9th, 18th, 21st, 26th, and 30th.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Let’s use the 2015 draft as an example. Would you rather have:

McDavid

Or

Timo Meier
Thomas Chabot
Colin White
Noah Juulsen
Nick Merkley

There’s some quality players there, but it’s McDavid, no question. I feel it’s a reasonable reflection of how such a trade could turn out.

Iwishihadaspacebar

Apr 27, 2021
This would be more interesting if the five picks were 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th. That might get some votes the other way.

That's very much a win for the team trading Bedard. The kid looks awesome but if you can't create a cup challenging team with those picks then it's very unlikely you'd create one with Bedard alone.

Edit to add that's based on a rebuilding team. If someone like Buffalo, who already have a good core, won the 1OA, they'd take Bedard.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
If the Blues traded Parayko and Vrana in the offseason and wound up with 5 first round picks, would you rather have the picks or Bedard?

You could offer me every 1st round pick from 11-32 in the draft, and I'd still take Bedard over them.

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
If it were possible, it would take 2024 (1OA), 2025 (1OA), 2026 (1OA), your top prospect ontop. And you think your 9th pick and whatever else would cut it? What a dumb post. Close it.

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

there is nothing that gets Bedard other than winning the lottery.

Vrana is not getting a 1s….

given the term…only a desperate GM gives a 1st for Parayko

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
That's very much a win for the team trading Bedard. The kid looks awesome but if you can't create a cup challenging team with those picks then it's very unlikely you'd create one with Bedard alone.

Edit to add that's based on a rebuilding team. If someone like Buffalo, who already have a good core, won the 1OA, they'd take Bedard.

remember the lottery …only the top 10 can get bedaRD.
it will be interesting to see how everyone out of the playoff tanks.

you think bottom 6 might be safe …Ana , SJ, chi, cbs, MTL, PHL
the next 3 are az, van, stl
then those out of the playoff races could be competing to get to 10th position of those 10-16.

Iwishihadaspacebar

Apr 27, 2021
remember the lottery …only the top 10 can get bedaRD.
it will be interesting to see how everyone out of the playoff tanks.

you think bottom 6 might be safe …Ana , SJ, chi, cbs, MTL, PHL
the next 3 are az, van, stl
then those out of the playoff races could be competing to get to 10th position of those 10-16.
Yeah I know, the way Buffalo are at the moment they may well end up with a chance of Bedard.

The team with 11OA also has a chance to get 1OA

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
When you have a guy who could potentially exceed the point total of a team’s entire 2023 draft class? You don’t trade him for 5 of them.

Lara Emily

Jul 5, 2013
Matthews
for
Sergachev
Logan Stanley
Julien Gauthier
Tage Thompson
Sam Steele

Crosby
for
Brian Lee
Ryan Parent
Tukka Rask
Matt Pelech
Vladimir Mihalik
This is such a beautiful example to establish the vast difference between a sure thing and a a hypothetical group of maybes

Some of years provide a couple of decent pieces, then another provides exactly 1 and a bunch of nothing

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad