3 Stars of the Game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Skating looks slow sure to indecisiveness at times. At the end he was better and saw him smartly peel away from and get distance from a defender. I thought: he's fast enough.
He’s agile and turns quickly along the boards and such. But his straight-line speed is subpar. He doesn’t need to be McDavid or Larkin, obviously, but he needs to be much faster if he wants to be a bona fide first line RW.

Reactions: egelband

hi

Sell sell sell
May 23, 2008
I figured out what Quinn is doing. He's teaching Kakko and Kravtsov how not to play Center by making them watch Howden. I expect to see this in a few games

Zibanejad
Kakko
Kravtsov
Smith

Sayba

Dark Schneider
Jul 7, 2009
Let's just bring up Chytil and Kravtsov and let them develop up here, we aren't going anywhere.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Seeing shesty blank his opponent tonight and chytil with another assist puts a smile on my face. As much as I wanna see chytil maybe it’s best he stays in Hartford right now.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
On one hand, we looked better and more dangerous 5 on 5. Each line had some good shifts and solid chances.

On the other hand, if Hank was even mediocre and Orlov had any accuracy on his shot, they could have scored 10.

I really was wondering if Orlov was wearing some sort of invisibility cloak that rendered the Rangers blind to his presence.

Black Aces

Oct 4, 2008
Could have bought out Marc Staal, kept a very good looking Shattenkirk and motored along. Trade Vladislav for a 5th and Ebert instead of a 4th and Ebert. The defense would look stellar right now and Shattenkirk has trade value heading into his final year/TDL next year. Instead, we Marc Staal 19 minutes a night. Fireable offense.
People dont know how buyouts work

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
At least our 9-1-1 last year that put us at 5th last is only 2-0 this year. Hopefully we can keep tanking and be 3rd last or even 2nd last.

BL92

Double Gold
May 22, 2016
Finland
He’s agile and turns quickly along the boards and such. But his straight-line speed is subpar. He doesn’t need to be McDavid or Larkin, obviously, but he needs to be much faster if he wants to be a bona fide first line RW.
I agree. He's very agile and built to battle for the pucks in the boards, but his conditioning is poor. Luckily that can be easily fixed. I'd rather have it this way than him being fast on his skates but with no agility whatsoever.

He'll be fine.

Reactions: CasusBelli

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
Yeah Trouba is far from the problem. I liked his game tonight.

The biggest thing to me that I have seen is that this team is SO out of sync. Nobody knows where anyone else is going to be, and there seems to be huge lack of communication. Too many passes missing the mark, passes to nobody in particular, cycling to puck around the boards to nobody, etc.

Staal's "drop down to one knee" routine hasn't worked in 8 years yet he does it every game, and it almost always results in a goal against.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Actually there were things about this game I liked quite a lot.

But for the bad--the Rangers had a problem clearing pucks on the the PK. They also had an issue with the Caps springing guys with long bombs on breakaways. We chased too much. Secondary scoring is an issue and the biggest problem with that is who plays 2C.

I really liked our physical game. We didn't take a step back in that area at all. Lemieux had a hell of a game and Trouba gives us someone nasty on the backend. He's good in all situations. Henrik was really good.

The refs weren't that nice to us. We kept it close a ways into the third but the penalty against Smith was kind of crap in my eyes and when the Caps got their 4th goal that was it.

I think it's way too early to get too worked up--this schedule's been shit besides. I'd give it a couple more weeks before jumping off a bridge.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Oh, so we are a lottery team. Who knew?

Gimme Byfield.

Right now, we’re probably a team that finishes in the 8-12 range in the draft, pre-lottery.

I can see us having mini surges where playoff chatter and [Insert Name] is a stud threads spring up, and other stretches where we wonder if this team will ever win again.

I expect it to be frustrating. Important in the long run, but there are going to many nights where people go to bed unhappy.

Reactions: jniklast and LGR92

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
When was the last time we had a defenseman with 8 shots in a game? Wowsers.
I think he had 7 last night.

Actually there were things about this game I liked quite a lot.

But for the bad--the Rangers had a problem clearing pucks on the the PK. They also had an issue with the Caps springing guys with long bombs on breakaways. We chased too much. Secondary scoring is an issue and the biggest problem with that is who plays 2C.

I really liked our physical game. We didn't take a step back in that area at all. Lemieux had a hell of a game and Trouba gives us someone nasty on the backend. He's good in all situations. Henrik was really good.

The refs weren't that nice to us. We kept it close a ways into the third but the penalty against Smith was kind of crap in my eyes and when the Caps got their 4th goal that was it.

I think it's way too early to get too worked up--this schedule's been **** besides. I'd give it a couple more weeks before jumping off a bridge.
Come on dude, the water's warm!

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
soon, the young players will be asking to be sent to hartford.

tonight was a shit show start to finish. perhaps the worst passing display I've seen. the PP continues to drain the life out of these guys.

without hank in god mode, we lose by 6 goals easy

beginning to sour on the quinn thing.

he seems rather confused and kinda stuck between the mean head nun in a catholic middle school with a bad ass ruler and the high school hockey coach- whos got a flask in his pocket and only kinda understands how to manage a bench.

ADA benched for the 3rd in a 1 goal game ?? really dave.

suddenly we suck again.

can you imagine if we had played colorado or tampa tonight. they coulda layed a 10 spot on us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad