4pt night for Huberdeau - first time since his 115pt season

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
God's country just outside of Calgary
Yeah I've kind of noticed that. When was the last time we had a true 1C lol? Nieuwendyk/Gilmour in the 90s?
For a long time the Flames hoped Monahan would develop into a true 1C. Lindholm may not have been a superstar 1C but he was a star at that position while centering Gaudreau and Tkachuk.
Often when drafting later on in the first round your good choices are limited and you end up taking the BPA and most often that's not a center.

Reactions: JFedol

Crosby2010

Mar 4, 2023
Can you imagine if Huberdeau gets a 100 point season? Just picture it for a second. Everyone - including me - would start pegging him for the 2026 Olympics. It would be so strange to see him rack up the points again considering what he did the last two years.

Reactions: JFedol

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
Remember when people were blaming Huberdeau’s struggles on Sutter for putting him at RW

JFedol

May 25, 2023
Calgary, Alberta
Can you imagine if Huberdeau gets a 100 point season? Just picture it for a second. Everyone - including me - would start pegging him for the 2026 Olympics. It would be so strange to see him rack up the points again considering what he did the last two years.
If that ever happens, he 100% sold his soul to the Devil for that production, IDC.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Why do people make threads after two games?
Because it was a specific game achievement? Doesn't matter if it's game 1 or game 82, a 4 point night is a 4 point night. I don't really see it as thread worthy personally, but the argument that it's too early in the season for it doesn't make any sense.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
He can make a pass again! Could've had a couple last night as well.

It never made any sense to me how a guy can just forget how to pass so hopefully he got over the mental shit. Just getting rid of all the people that wanted out seems to have done wonders for the mentality of the team

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Yeah I've kind of noticed that. When was the last time we had a true 1C lol? Nieuwendyk/Gilmour in the 90s?

Only one I can think of that maybe you could qualify as a 1C at a point in time.... maybe Marc savard?

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Talent doesn't just disappear. It was pretty unfair of fans to expect him to replace not only Tkachuk but Gaudreau as well as the main focal point offensively. Not his fault this idiot team keeps trying to build around wingers.

If this retool is going to have legs then he's got to be a big part of it.
I think it's a bit unfair to claim that the Flames are trying to build around wingers. The last time they rebuilt they had just drafted Jankowski and then used two of their three highest picks on centres. They had Gaudreau, but no doubt the vision was to build around Monahan, Bennett, Backlund down the middle. They also acquired Lindholm with their biggest trade.

If you're using your top assets to go after the centre ice position, I don't think it's fair to say you're trying to build around wingers. That's just how the cookie has consistently crumbled for the Flames.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad