The Gotham Sports APP (MSG+)

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Can someone please help...?

Evidently you can no longer watch Isles games on the MSG+ app - They've moved to the Gotham Sports app. So I did that and, just like MSG+ app, it asks me to "log in with my TV provider." I'm happy to do that (my cable provider is DirecTV), but when I click on the DirecTV logo it won't bring up their log on screen (as it did with MSG+), and instead I keep getting this same error message...

IMG_973F2EB10918-1.jpeg

I also noticed that if you click on any other TV provider (FIOS, OPtimium, Fubo, Spectrum, etc) their log in screen comes up. so evidently DirecTV is the only one getting an error?

Yes - I have restarted my phone. Yes - I have restarted the app. Yes - I've written to Gotham Sports, but they haven't gotten back. I've done everything I can do, but I'm at a dead end.

If anyone can help solve this issue it would be greatly appreciated.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
I've gotten a similar message in ESPN+. Then I realize that it's because the game is being broadcast on YouTubeTV (which I also subscribe to) and I have to watch it there. Not sure if your situation might be something similar?

Zeeker

Feb 15, 2016
I mentioned this in the most recent game thread, but for whatever reason my old MSG+ app still works and I haven’t had to switch to Gotham yet.

scottywiper

Dec 2, 2018
Living in Australia, I used to use a mate's MSG login to watch on MSG Go. Needed a VPN as well.
It's only way to get pre and post match as NHL TV doesn't show them.
He dropped his subscription so that ended that.
I'd happily pay for access but doesn't seem an option in Australia.
If anyone has any suggestions happy to hear them!

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
I've gotten a similar message in ESPN+. Then I realize that it's because the game is being broadcast on YouTubeTV (which I also subscribe to) and I have to watch it there. Not sure if your situation might be something similar?

Thanks DC-

The issue isn't where it's broadcast, but rather the "metadata" (the screen that pinks to the DirecTV log in) is not popping up. Again all the other TV prodivers (Spectrum, Fubo, Optimum, Fios, etc) all have their log in screens pop up for log in.

That's what I need help with.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Have had no issues watching the Isles on ESPN+ (although I am firmly in New Haven County, CT).

That's why you are able to watch them on ESPN+ (because you are outside the "local TV broadcast"). If you lived in West CT or Westchester you'd need the Gotham APP (which stinks).

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
I switched from Sling (Blue + Orange plans) & MSG+ to DirectTV Stream (Ultimate), happy with my choice so far. I also have the Disney+ triple bundle (ESPN+).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad