GDT: #44 - 01/14/18 | RANGERS @ penguins | 7:30 - NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
This could be 1 regulation win in 11 games. Renney got fired for having 1 in 12. Why so persistent to keep AV employed?

Reactions: Cheapshot

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
This could be 1 regulation win in 11 games. Renney got fired for having 1 in 12. Why so persistent to keep AV employed?
The whole cup run... Same reason why coughlin got to finish the year in NYG and they were gunna let the goof this year finish it out.... AV would have to unseat Hank to get fired during the year at this point

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Anyone who wants to sell off pieces at the deadline is a dumbass who wants to become the Oilers! This team can make the playoffs! They are good.

Nobody is saying that.

It’s the thinking that selling assets = immediate turnaround that I’m questioning.

Sell the assets this year, miss the playoffs, the Rangers won’t be anywhere near the playoffs until 2025 at the earliest.

That’s the problem.

Some don’t seem to care.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I agree. I’m looking forward to the TDL with tempered hope. As far as a game like this goes, 100% I want the Rangers to crush the Pens, and everytime I watch I want to see our guys win, but bigger picture, I don’t care about the record right now. I’m not happy with the team and I have zero expectations for this season. I want to see AV canned, so there’s a part of me that actually hopes they continue to struggle and force the issue. I want to see changes. Starting with the coach, but if a bad stretch convinced them to sell, so be it. I never root against the Rangers. I need to reiterate that, in the moment, I am cursing and getting frustrated on every missed chance and actively rooting for our team 100%. It’s just, bigger picture, I don’t believe this team is going anywhere this season.
I know how you feel. But I also think this is a good team in need of leadership. They traded Callahan and Stepan and Hags and Girardi and Brassard over the past couple years and didn’t really add any leadership. Maybe one or two guys stepping up or an acquisition could turn around things.

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
Nobody is saying that.

It’s the thinking that selling assets = immediate turnaround that I’m questioning.

Sell the assets this year, miss the playoffs, the Rangers won’t be anywhere near the playoffs until 2025 at the earliest.

That’s the problem.

Some don’t seem to care.
Selling assets then you have ADA, Chytil, Andersson, possibly Graves in the lineup next year. less useless guys like DD

Reactions: Nickmo82

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Nobody is saying that.

That’s the problem.

Some don’t seem to care.
You have no idea of knowing that. What we do know is this teams sucks, and aren't winning a thing, and just squeaking into a Wild Card spot on the back of a 36 year old goalie does nothing for the franchise.

Reactions: Vinny DeAngelo

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I hope we get a new coach with a better system that promote puck possession - we are chasing most of the 2nd. and it must be extremely frustrating for the players. It do not look promising when Chytil & Lias are going to learn how to play in NHL chasing the puck all the time.

Reactions: Hellion

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary
Sell some guys that we already know the story about. As if Nash is going to be a key ingredient in a run to the Cup. Shop a couple of others. Make some moves. They are missing Kreider for sure right now, but they are missing more than that.

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
A combo of still clinging to a playoff position + giving the doofus the extension probably.

And when they miss the playoffs Dolan loses out on money. Can't picture this team making the playoffs at this rate.

Gorton needs to admit he made a mistake and stop the bleeding. Fire him already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad