World Cup: 4 Nations Tournament - Team Sweden (2025)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
Ersson instead of Wallstedt. Ersson is a NHL goalie. Wallstedt is probaly 1-2 year from that. And you are putting too much stock in WC. Nyqvist and Arvidsson are superior to Marcus Johansson.
Maybe Arvidsson, Nyquist I think just had a career year. I suspect he will fall back next year.

3rd string goalie doesn't really matter, they should hopefully not play. I like to bring a young 'goalie of the future' type for that. They can absorb and learn from the older goalies.

illone84

Sep 15, 2005
London
Gonna be tough for Hallam to pick the 4 nations roster. Hedman and Karlsson is the only locks. Forsling might be better than Dahlin.

Marcus Pettersson
Jonas Brodin
Adam Larsson
Hampus Lindholm
Mattias Ekholm
Rasmus Andersson
OEL
Klingberg
Gustafsson

are very even. Lots of options.
Forsling is a beast. Really hope he plays for Sweden 💪

Reactions: Eye of Ra

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
LOCKS, STOCK & TWO SMOKING BARRELS:

Filip Forsberg - Mika Zibanejad - William Nylander

Elias Pettersson - Elias Lindholm - Leo Carlsson
Jesper Bratt - William Karlsson - Lucas Raymond
- Joel Eriksson Ek - Adrian Kempe

Gustav Forsling - Erik Karlsson
Hampus Lindholm - Rasmus Dahlin
Victor Hedman -
Mattias Ekholm

Jacob Markström
Linus Ullmark

Last edited:

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
LOCKS, STOCK & TWO SMOKING BARRELS:

Filip Forsberg - Mika Zibanejad - William Nylander

Elias Pettersson - Elias Lindholm - Leo Carlsson
Jesper Bratt - William Karlsson - Lucas Raymond
- Joel Eriksson Ek - Adrian Kempe

Gustav Forsling - Erik Karlsson
Hampus Lindholm - Rasmus Dahlin
Victor Hedman - Rasmus Andersson
Mattias Ekholm

Jacob Markström
Linus Ullmark

*lock

• Love
Reactions: jfc64

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Forsberg - Aho - Rantanen
Pettersson - Barkov - Nylander
Hintz - Zibanejad - Lindholm
Laine - Eriksson Ek - Kempe

Yes, Sweden needs to be added as part of Finland again for this to happen (and not the other way around).

Laine is such a question mark right now, because he had a long time off. Perhaps Mikael Granlund or Teuvo Teräväinen over him. There are so many more though, like Artturi Lehkonen and Lundell from Panthers. Okay time to stop hijacking the Team Sweden thread :).

Last edited:
Reactions: illone84

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
Cool to see Forsling there. He deserves it. If he plays well then lock him in for the 2026 Olympics.
The defence selection for 2026 Olympics will be interesting. Hedman and Karlsson will be 36, will they still make the cut? So many other good defenceman Dahlin, Forsling, R. Andersson, H. Lindholm, Brodin, A. Larsson, Edvinsson etc.

illone84

Sep 15, 2005
London
The defence selection for 2026 Olympics will be interesting. Hedman and Karlsson will be 36, will they still make the cut? So many other good defenceman Dahlin, Forsling, R. Andersson, H. Lindholm, Brodin, A. Larsson, Edvinsson etc.
Hedman I could see being there in 2026. Not so sure about Karlsson. Either way, tough decisions to make and insane D talent! An embarrassment of the riches.

Last edited:
Reactions: weklof and wetcoast

B Boarding

Feb 26, 2005
Stockholm, Sweden
I like OEL and I think he'd do a decent job in a third pairing role. But with the competition for the spots, I have a hard time seeing him grabbig one unless there are massive injury issues
He is most likely 11th on the depth chart, at best.

Karlsson
Hedman
Dahlin
Forsling
Ekholm
Lindholm
Brodin
A. Larsson
M. Pettersson
R. Andersson

I would rank all of them above OEL. Then there are young players like Edvinsson, Broberg, Boqvist, Söderström, Liljegren, Sandin etc that might take the next step next season and reach at least the level of OEL.

Reactions: weklof

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad