OT: 3rd Annual Free HFNYR Yahoo Fantasy League

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
I have to bow out if you do it Monday.
Shit, it seems several aren't available for Sunday. Tuesday? I know there's a Ranger preseason game on Tuesday so not sure if people would not want to miss that, or perhaps could do the draft before/after the game?

If Monday is the day that works for every single other person and you aren't free, could you make make your draft queue list and have it autodraft the players you want?

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
What Keeper settings do you guys want?

Right now we have the default roster settings of:

C x2
LW x2
RW x2
D x4
G x2
B x4
IR x2
IR+ x1

How many players do you want to be able to keep? Full Dynasty League where you keep entire team? Keep 6 players?

I don't have a strong opinion either way.

Reactions: Kupo

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
I’m divorced with no kids. I have no life, therefore I’m available any evening. It’s actually better than it sounds.

We need to figure out keeper rules. Thoughts on this:
  • Keep one player from any round, using the same pick as where he was drafted in the prior year
  • Keep one player from any round, moving 1 slot earlier
  • Keep one player from any round, moving 2 slots earlier
  • Keep one player from any round, moving 3 slots earlier
  • Keep one player from any round, moving 4 slots earlier
  • And the other rules:
  • You can choose not to use your any/all of the keeper slots
  • You can use an earlier draft pick if you don’t have the specified draft pick available
  • To be kept, a player must have been drafted last season (not necessarily by you)
  • You can keep a maximum of one goalie
  • Can’t keep a player over 3 years. If a member trades for that player the clock resets.
So if Jova rigs the draft and gets the 1St OA and picks McJesus 1st, and then drafts Fox in the 2nd and, I don’t know, Trouba in the 3rd…

He’ll be able to keep McDavid next draft forfeiting his 1st. But he won’t have a token to pick Fox in the 2nd since he’ll have to move up a round to keep him.

However, he would be able to pass on Fox and use his 2nd pick and select Trouba in the 2nd round! (Lol). That’ll free up his 3rd round pick and could use it to draft someone else, or invest that pick on another keeper drafted in later rounds.

Make sense?

Also, to keep things competitive, are we doing any $? It doesn’t have to be much. The moneys not the point. But the money will potentially keep players interested in actually investing in this keeper league.

If you get unlucky and have a shit draft or you get screwed with injuries, you’ll have the opportunity of going full sell and moving your assets for picks next season. I’m ok with $50 bucks… Or $100…

What’s the playoff format with 12 teams…? Top-4 in each conference with 1st getting a bye week 1?

Teams finishing with the shittiest record get earliest picks next season?
no reason to have 4 dmen. I vote for 3.
I like 4, personally. So much that, I’d fight you over this. :cf:

Last edited:

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Prefer a total ofvthree keepers. Forfeit pick where player was picked first year. Forfeit a first for any other years.
I’m very flexible but just 3 keepers doesn’t make it much of a keeper league.

Forfeiting multiple 1sts to keep a player you drafted in the 4th and/or 7th round doesn’t make too much sense.

At this point we’d be better off just not having a keeper league if it’s that strict/limited.

The scenario I posted rewards members that make good picks in the middle and late rounds. Having to draft a round earlier to “keep” picks forces members to be real strategic with whom they’re using their limited keeper picks on.

If you hit a home run in the first 3 rounds, you’ll realistically only be able to keep 2 of them. Not only that, but possibly draft a player you want to retain earlier than you want . That’s what beauty with this format. The more you want to keep, the more it hurts. And the more it opens up opportunities for other drafting players.

Just my 2 cents…

Last edited:

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Anyway… Jova… More voting polls based on keeper rules, money, playoff format, etc. Let the people decide.
I have hockey in an hour & a half lol so I’m busy rn but tomorrow I’ll do it as early as I can! Please keep suggestions coming so I have more options to give for polls :)

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Im for more keepers if anything. It’s best when people are motivated to take swings on young players and get in on them early rather than just keeping their established stars

Reactions: LokiDog and Taluss

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
I am good to draft tonight, tomorrow, Tuesday, the 1st (Sunday) 2nd, or 3rd.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
3-4 keepers sounds good because it adds strategy like @Kupo points out. I think that’s fun. You think Luke Hughes or Logan Cooley is a long term bet, you might draft them over a more obvious fantasy choice because it’s a keeper league. I’m about it. I can draft any night really.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Anyway… Jova… More voting polls based on keeper rules, money, playoff format, etc. Let the people decide.
I asked people to suggest Keeper rules and said I'm fine with whatever as I've never done Keeper before, but you're the only one who posted suggestions and others just said they're fine with whatever :laugh: so I don't know what options to give people. Honestly what you described sounds a little confusing to me LOL

• Keep one player from any round, using the same pick as where he was drafted in the prior year
Are these instead of each other? or on top of each other? how many keepers would we have?

I don't see any setting to change playoff formats

5zBPrl8.png

and does Monday 8PM EST work for you? Tuesday 8PM EST?

Last edited:
Reactions: haveandare

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
I asked people to suggest Keeper rules and said I'm fine with whatever as I've never done Keeper before, but you're the only one who posted suggestions and others just said they're fine with whatever :laugh: so I don't know what options to give people. Honestly what you described sounds a little confusing to me LOL

Are these instead of each other? or on top of each other? how many keepers would we have?

And you're not able to change anything or even view options regarding playoff seeding until you click "Finalize Teams" so I want to make sure everyone who wants in is in. Right now we have 12, do we need an even number or does that not matter? I think there's one more person who wanted in

5zBPrl8.png

and does Monday 8PM EST work for you? Tuesday 8PM EST?
I'm still unclear how many guys we can have on our rosters. If it's 16 as you proposed in that previous post, I say each team should be able to keep 5 total. 4 skaters & a 1 goalie. Nobody can keep a player more than 3 seasons, period.

Regardless it's all a moot point to me if you do the draft this Monday or Tuesday. Again these are the upcoming dates I'm available. Wednesday 27th, Sunday the 1st, Monday the 2nd, Tuesday the 3rd or Wednesday the 4th. Sorry to be so inflexible, but I'm working 2 jobs & busy season for them is upon us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad