Post-Game Talk: #39| Washington Hockey Team @ New York Islanders | April 6th | 7:00 PM | F/W 1-0

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
I find they are both built the same and play the same. Bellows like to check and his shot is a quicker version than Clutterbuck. He's like a better Cbuck...in Clutter's hayday, he was top 6...clutter today...in beast mode is top 6. I think Bellows has a higher ceiling. The problem is that I don't know if he can beat anyone out in the top 6...so where does that leave him? MAYBE 3rd line? I'm still thinking 4th, especially since he's cheap

Clutterbuck still has 1 more year left on is contract, although there is a lot of mileage on his tires based on his style. I have actually wondered if Lou put Clutter on the LTIR island next year if we need cap room. If Bellows doesn't wind up as a middle 6, I don't see him with us. He is an RFA after this year, although as you mentioned, I would expect he will still be very cheap.

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
Ugh Wahlstrom to the dressing room again? He took another hard hit a shift of so again. and had gone to the room after a big hit on Saturday.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
This is exactly where having scoring help could make the difference in a shift...And thus a game, and thus a series.

Reactions: SI90

ekill08x

Oct 29, 2011
dobson always gets his shot on net. hes going to be better than anyone we have on D.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
This is exactly where having scoring help could make the difference in a shift...And thus a game, and thus a series.

A trade for a scoring forward is a matter of when not if.

This isn’t the Snowjob era of Islanders hockey where the GM just sits on his hands and puts all his chips into the likes of Shane Prince or Tyler “Chest Sniper” Kennedy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad