Post-Game Talk: #38: FLYERS 1 at Hurricanes 3, Monday, Dec. 31, 2018, 6:00 pm ET

Limeyjim

Jan 4, 2017
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
I want Fletcher to blow up the core of this lousy team! Voracek and Simmonds should be the first two traded!
It's pretty bad when guys like Laughton and Raffl outwork the two players I named previously.
Fletcher also needs to sack Lappy! The Flyers are dreadful on special teams!

Reactions: TheKingPin and fat

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
You’ve already been proven wrong by both Appleyard and myself in that other thread.

I don’t know why you keep digging your hole deeper and embarrassing yourself. You can just admit you were wrong and move on.
Digging a hole where? On an opinion forum with the likes of you? Yes, definitely life altering.

Reactions: JXC

Johnk0728

Dec 28, 2016
I don’t consider Simmonds or JVR core players. Simmonds will be gone soon and JVRs contract makes it seem like he would be (Hextall thought so), but he’s not being built around, he’s a secondary player.

Voracek is part of the core and is underachieving, but he’s always had ups and downs so I’m not worried.

JVR is paid like a core player. Simmonds was part of the core. .... All are top 6 forwards at times and get PP time. They are set up as core players on this roster. That's why they aren't winning. These three aren't producing.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
JVR is paid like a core player. Simmonds was part of the core. .... All are top 6 forwards at times and get PP time. They are set up as core players on this roster. That's why they aren't winning. These three aren't producing.
By that logic do you consider MacDonald a core player? Since he’s paid like one?

I don’t.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Teams are going to look at Voracek in a trade the same way they did with Kessel & ROR.

"I don't want to trade Voracek for B assets and prospects and picks! I want to trade him for a younger, cheaper version who scores as many points but gets 40 goals!"

He's a flawed player; he's not beyond trading. If we can add Panarin or someone, he becomes more expendable, trade depending. But people are f***ing delusional that his absence doesn't put a hole in this team. When I say people I mean the Voracek Truthers™. He just hit 85 points last year and is a top 10 PP point producer this decade, for which he only accordingly never got the credit he deserved at his best. He's been mediocre this year on both accounts, like quite a few players. He'll get zero benefit of the doubt however. And he always shoots 5 hole in the shootout! ERMAHGERD.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad