Post-Game Talk: #35: Flyers at Ducks, Sunday, December 27, 2015

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Would like to see Laughton on Girouxs LW and Cousins replace Laughton as 3rd line Center with Raffl replacing Umberger on that line.

21-28-20
93-14-17
12-52-24
76-78-25

Umberger waived.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
What could be the explanation for why this team is so different dependending on which goalie is in net.

Neuvirth's played really well and has been tested but it seems like when he's in net the team consistently possesses the puck better and seems more confident and flowing top to bottom offensively

Every time we play Mason this year we look pathetic trying to generate offensive chances

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
What could be the explanation for why this team is so different dependending on which goalie is in net.

Neuvirth's played really well and has been tested but it seems like when he's in net the team consistently possesses the puck better and seems more confident and flowing top to bottom offensively

Every time we play Mason this year we look pathetic trying to generate offensive chances
Maybe they know they have to be more aware because Neuvirth's rebound control isn't as good as Mason's.

CodyTheHuman

Dec 31, 2014
California
Worst game I've seen Giroux play, Mason could have been better and Boxcar is the worst defenseman in the league.

Otherwise, i had a blast!!

It's always fun at the Honda Center. I was looking for you, then I remembered that I don't actually know what you look like and that it would be incredibly hard to find you.

It was cool seeing Ghost play, even if this wasn't one of his greatest game.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
It's always fun at the Honda Center. I was looking for you, then I remembered that I don't actually know what you look like and that it would be incredibly hard to find you.

It was cool seeing Ghost play, even if this wasn't one of his greatest game.

Did you wander down the halls shouting Devastate??

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
The fourth line offers nothing. Bellemare should be the only one on the roster because at least he can kill penalties

I was wondering during the game how they compare to other teams' fourth lines. I don't pay close enough attention to those games to have an opinion. I do like White, though. He's chirpy as **** and half a headcase, which is great.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

They scored 4 goals in the last game with Mason in net against a great defensive team.

PK16

Jul 28, 2013
We were a one line team when G was with Vora, now we are a one line team with Coots, Vora, and Simmonds. G and his creativity is wasted with Raffl. I know this has been said by others, but let me vent.:rant:

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
They are losing this road game to Anaheim 9 out of 10 times. Nothing to be upset about, except the way some of the players came out of the break.

This roster simply does not have the quality to finish well above .500 The wheels come off as soon as a couple of players go cold or a key contributor is injured.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Arguably swapping MDZ for Manning is the biggest drop off in quality outside of Giroux getting hurt.

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
White brings more to the team then PEB imo. It's not that I don't like PEB it's just that he is nothing but a above average PK/4th liner and that's it. White seems to bring leadership and sandpaper that this team needs.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Wouldn't read too much into this game, Anaheim may have been struggling, but they're the deeper team, coming off the break, at home, trying to turn their season around.

Flyers are what they are, an average team playing well that's going to struggle flying across country with one practice before playing a motivated team on their home ice.

Raffl does the dirty work, Laughton wouldn't be an upgrade right now, the real problem is Schenn is meh at RW, if you set him up he can score, but not much of a playmaker.

boxcar65

Sep 24, 2007
Richmond, VA
I will admit Manning didn't have his best game last night. That being said, most of the D struggled as well. MDZ and Streit will be back on Wednesday(supposedly), so two will sit. I still think Luke might be traded, but probably not by then. I think you go with the following pairs:

MDZ-Gudas
Streit-Med
Manning-Ghost

Schultz is past due for a rest and it's a tossup between Manning and Schenn. Let Manning and Ghost keep going. Do it, Hak!!

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
The team is actually a bit better than I thought that it would be at this time. To be .500 with this defense is pretty good coaching. I didn't think that the offense would be struggling as much as it has but then most of the league is having the same problem with scoring. Still waiting for the shoes to drop on the trade market. When some of the roster gets cleared with some of the young blood brought up from LV and the lines rearranged, I think that the Flyers can make a run to the POs.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $5,000.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $800.00