Post-Game Talk: #35: Flyers at Ducks, Sunday, December 27, 2015

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

RoDu

May 22, 2003
Winnipeg
Visit site
They are losing this road game to Anaheim 9 out of 10 times. Nothing to be upset about, except the way some of the players came out of the break.

This roster simply does not have the quality to finish well above .500 The wheels come off as soon as a couple of players go cold or a key contributor is injured.

true, no point in getting to upset about a loss or a losing streak, team is still a work in progress, check back in a couple years

46zone

Pass me the soft pretzels
Feb 5, 2007
Philadelphia
I will admit Manning didn't have his best game last night. That being said, most of the D struggled as well. MDZ and Streit will be back on Wednesday(supposedly), so two will sit. I still think Luke might be traded, but probably not by then. I think you go with the following pairs:

MDZ-Gudas
Streit-Med
Manning-Ghost

Schultz is past due for a rest and it's a tossup between Manning and Schenn. Let Manning and Ghost keep going. Do it, Hak!!

I'm convinced this is a bit

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
I will admit Manning didn't have his best game last night. That being said, most of the D struggled as well. MDZ and Streit will be back on Wednesday(supposedly), so two will sit. I still think Luke might be traded, but probably not by then. I think you go with the following pairs:

MDZ-Gudas
Streit-Med
Manning-Ghost

Schultz is past due for a rest and it's a tossup between Manning and Schenn. Let Manning and Ghost keep going. Do it, Hak!!

I was at this game and can honestly tell you that your head is firmly jammed between the two meatiest parts of your body.

Manning was horrific.

I'm not even convinced Manning breathes, eats applesauce or washes his armpits as well as any other defender in the NHL.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
This was a disastrous loss. They looked completely deflated and like last years team. Whatever mojo they had going for them before break is completely gone. Ghost had his worst game of the season too…which gives Hextall the perfect excuse to send him down.

Literally worst case scenario. I smell a 1-8-1 run over the next 10 games.

To think people say our fans are melodramatic!

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
I mostly was just looking at people in Flyers' jerseys and wondering if they were you.

I am actually moving and couldn't find my Mason jersey, so i showed up in a brown hat,leather jacket and scarf, like a real ****** bag haha.

So if you saw that guy with a beard, then you saw me!

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

MDZ-Gudas
Streit-Med
Manning-Ghost

There is zero reason to start Manning over Luke. Luke is superior in every way but speed, but since Manning just uses that extra speed to hurry up and fail faster, it's not exactly an advantage.

Coffe

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2010
Stockholm
There is zero reason to start Manning over Luke. Luke is superior in every way but speed, but since Manning just uses that extra speed to hurry up and fail faster, it's not exactly an advantage.

There's three ways to do things: The right way, the wrong way and the Brandon Manning way.

Delete99991

May 9, 2013
Manning had maybe his worst game of the season, and that's saying something.

L Schenn had a tough night.

I also must disagree with the earlier posters. Couturier was disappointing offensively. Looked a step slow too often and did nothing with some pucks that ended up on his blade in a good spot.

Laughton still looks young. That Stoner hit was coming 10 miles away.

On the plus side, 2014 Voracek is back. Raffl and B Schenn made some noise. PP still looks dangerous.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I hope he has a lot more nights where he's "disappointing offensively" and picks up two points.

bb12

Aug 21, 2014
USA
Horrible loss and reffing. I think, I am not going to watch game against San Jose if Manning is still in line-up.

have to imagine he is going to be in the line up since it sounds like MDZ is hurt. Still really excited for "what could be" our back end. I may be the only one but a combo of the following:

MDZ- Gudas
Streit - Schenn/Shultz
Ghost - Medvedev

Its honestly not that bad. 4 pmd and Gudas who has been amazing. Then Schenn/shultz who are 5/6 guys

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
To maximize the offense they could also try:

MDZ-Gudas
Schultz-Medvedev or Medvedev/Schenn
Ghost-Streit

And send that 3rd pairing out for as many OZ draws as possible. This would be a huge upgrade from sending Manning out there for OZ starts with Giroux, because these numbers are amazing.

http://stats.hockeyanalysis.com/showplayer.php?pid=1637&withagainst=true&season=2015-16&sit=5v5

Manning with Giroux: 66% OZ starts, 47.8% CF

Giroux without Manning: 49.5% OZ starts, 54.5% CF

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
It's not even debatable. Manning is an atrocious player who has a negative effect on everyone he plays with. It's a joke. He's lucky he signed for scraps or else he wouldn't have any chance at ever playing in the NHL. His cap hit is his only good feature.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Poor Manning, he's replaced Rinaldo as the HF Flyer Board official whipping boy.
He's not horrible, he's just not very good.
If they can waive Gagner and have someone pick up his salary, I'd think about replacing Manning with Alt. At least give him a look.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Poor Manning, he's replaced Rinaldo as the HF Flyer Board official whipping boy.
He's not horrible, he's just not very good.
If they can waive Gagner and have someone pick up his salary, I'd think about replacing Manning with Alt. At least give him a look.

Yes. Yes he most certainly is, and the advanced stats back up what the eye test tells us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad