Proposal: 3 way trade (LA-MTL-FLA)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
You can only protect 8 players and someone is going to be lost who is a Top 6 player.

Protected Lists
* Clubs will have two options for players they wish to protect in the Expansion Draft:

a) Seven forwards, three defensemen and one goaltender

b) Eight skaters (forwards/defensemen) and one goaltender

* All players who have currently effective and continuing "No Movement" clauses at the time of the Expansion Draft (and who to decline to waive such clauses) must be protected (and will be counted toward their club's applicable protection limits).

* All first- and second-year professionals, as well as all unsigned draft choices, will be exempt from selection (and will not be counted toward their club's applicable protection limits).

Player Exposure Requirements
* All Clubs must meet the following minimum requirements regarding players exposed for selection in the Expansion Draft:

i) One defenseman who is a) under contract in 2017-18 and b) played in 40 or more NHL games the prior season OR played in 70 or more NHL games in the prior two seasons.

ii) Two forwards who are a) under contract in 2017-18 and b) played in 40 or more NHL games the prior season OR played in 70 or more NHL games in the prior two seasons.

iii) One goaltender who is under contract in 2017-18 or will be a restricted free agent at the expiration of his current contract immediately prior to 2017-18. If the club elects to make a restricted free agent goaltender available in order to meet this requirement, that goaltender must have received his qualifying offer prior to the submission of the club's protected list.

Someone pretty important is going to be exposed.

Who do you protect?

Barkov
Huberdeau
Trocheck
Bjugstad
Ekblad
Yandle
Demers
Petrovic
Jokinen
Smith
Luongo
Reimer
Jagr

I believe all of them are eligible for the expansion draft.

Either Jagr or Luongo will likely be exposed. That seems best possibility.

No need to protect Jagr. He is a UFA.
They probably expose Luongo but will Vegas really take a long contract on an old goaltender? Depends on who is out on to the market right?

7 Forwards.
Barkov
Huberdeau
Bjugs
Smith
Trocheck
Jokinen?
One of Marchessault, Sceviour, or McCann

3D
Ekblad
Yandle
Demers

Petro if an RFA actually. I believe so is Pysyk. But we all have the consenus we will either lose Petro or Pysyk, depending on who plays better.

McCoshen likely replaces whoever gets taken, which for balance purposes, might actually be good. Petro and Pysyk are both RD and McCoshen is an LD.

could also leave Kindl and Kampfer exposed provided they meet the games played required.

Dabeast

Jun 13, 2014
South Florida
They probably expose Luongo but will Vegas really take a long contract on an old goaltender? Depends on who is out on to the market right?

7 Forwards.
Barkov
Huberdeau
Bjugs
Smith
Trocheck
Jokinen?

3D
Ekblad
Yandle
Demers

Petro if an RFA actually. I believe so is Pysyk. But we all have the consenus we will either lose Petro or Pysyk, depending on who plays better.

McCoshen likely replaces whoever gets taken, which for balance purposes, might actually be good. Petro and Pysyk are both RD and McCoshen is an LD.

could also leave Kindl and Kampfer exposed provided they meet the games played required.
I'm pretty sure McCann is exempt. If he isn't he'll obviously be the one that is protected.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010

7 Forwards.
Barkov
Huberdeau
Bjugs
Smith
Trocheck
Jokinen?

3D
Ekblad
Yandle
Demers

Remember that Las Vegas will need to get to the salary cap floor so it's not realistic that they would pass on a Luongo just for contract purposes. If anything he makes a LOT of sense for them since they will likely field a team that will give up a lot of shots and he's used to that.

I think Petrovic has really improved the last year-plus and would be a big loss given that he is right now the only true physical presence back there.

If I'm the GM I hope it's Luongo and the Reimer acquisition is probably the GM thinking he will lose Luongo. Of course, Roberto could get hurt during the season and this becomes a different discussion.

Blue Goose

May 26, 2012
Los Angeles
hockeytransplant.com

7 Forwards.
Barkov
Huberdeau
Bjugs
Smith
Trocheck
Jokinen?

3D
Ekblad
Yandle
Demers

Terrific assessment. I would actually argue that the Panthers might be in the BEST shape going into the Expansion draft. They'll protect Reimer, and I'm sure Luongo would likely retire if Vegas picked him. Knowing how difficult it can be to find good, young RHD you'd have to imagine that Vegas is picking one of Petro/Pysyk - to me, that's why the Panthers made the Pysyk trade, so that they'll at least get to keep one of them after Expansion.

Matheson is exempt, and so is McCann. Once the Expansion draft is done, the Cats will have retained 5 top D-men and virtually all of their forwards of consequence. Assuming Jagr retires (or threatens to do so if Vegas picks him), they'll just need to protect the 6 forwards you mention above, and then the 7th protection spot likely goes to Mackenzie or Sceviour. Unless Vegas REALLY wants more 4th liners, they'll take one of Florida's RHD.

Blue Goose

May 26, 2012
Los Angeles
hockeytransplant.com
When you can roll out Barkov, Trocheck and Bjugstad as your top 3 centers you are on to something. The only weakness right now is that they really don't have the right wingers for Bjugstad yet and he needs to pretty much generate all his own offense.

Totally agree. That's why I'm hoping Kyle Rau - a play-making winger who was Bjugstad's roommate in college - can be that guy. :)

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Totally agree. That's why I'm hoping Kyle Rau - a play-making winger who was Bjugstad's roommate in college - can be that guy. :)

They got options, but Ill actually agree with this.

It's going to be between Marchessault, McCann, Sceviour, and one of Shaw, Rau, and more than likely Fontaine (I think he will make the team). So, we will see whether one of these pick-ups actually cut it to help Bjugs.

Personally, I would love Bjugstad to move up to the top line (Hubey, Barkov, Bjugs)
The 2nd line to be Smith, Trocheck, Jagr
3rd line to be Jokinen, McCann, and one the remaining wingers.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
You can only protect 8 players and someone is going to be lost who is a Top 6 player.

Protected Lists
* Clubs will have two options for players they wish to protect in the Expansion Draft:

a) Seven forwards, three defensemen and one goaltender

b) Eight skaters (forwards/defensemen) and one goaltender

* All players who have currently effective and continuing "No Movement" clauses at the time of the Expansion Draft (and who to decline to waive such clauses) must be protected (and will be counted toward their club's applicable protection limits).

* All first- and second-year professionals, as well as all unsigned draft choices, will be exempt from selection (and will not be counted toward their club's applicable protection limits).

Player Exposure Requirements
* All Clubs must meet the following minimum requirements regarding players exposed for selection in the Expansion Draft:

i) One defenseman who is a) under contract in 2017-18 and b) played in 40 or more NHL games the prior season OR played in 70 or more NHL games in the prior two seasons.

ii) Two forwards who are a) under contract in 2017-18 and b) played in 40 or more NHL games the prior season OR played in 70 or more NHL games in the prior two seasons.

iii) One goaltender who is under contract in 2017-18 or will be a restricted free agent at the expiration of his current contract immediately prior to 2017-18. If the club elects to make a restricted free agent goaltender available in order to meet this requirement, that goaltender must have received his qualifying offer prior to the submission of the club's protected list.

Someone pretty important is going to be exposed.

Who do you protect?

Barkov
Huberdeau
Trocheck
Bjugstad
Ekblad
Yandle
Demers
Petrovic
Jokinen
Smith
Luongo
Reimer
Jagr

I believe all of them are eligible for the expansion draft.

Either Jagr or Luongo will likely be exposed. That seems best possibility.
Well, there's only 5 forwards I want to protect. Barkov, Bjugstad, Huberdeau, Trocheck, and Smith. And only 3 D, Yandle, Demers, Ekblad. Matheson is exempt. That's our core.
The only "hit" we might take is to the goaltenders. But I'm not too concerned about that, I've always thought you could find somebody to fill the goaltending position well enough to do what you have to do.

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
compared to Pacioretty's numbers, not even close.. but yea hes a center.

Carter scores at a .63 ppg and has over 100 playoff games played. Pacioretty is about .56 in a much smaller but significant sample.

Carter is a core player and a 1b center. His defense and face off game are both solid.

Pacioretty is a complementary player whose contribution goes down drastically at the most critical time.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Carter scores at a .63 ppg and has over 100 playoff games played. Pacioretty is about .56 in a much smaller but significant sample.

Carter is a core player and a 1b center. His defense and face off game are both solid.

Pacioretty is a complementary player whose contribution goes down drastically at the most critical time

lol are u just guessing at this point? :laugh::laugh:
Pacs is second in GWG for the past 3 seasons. Only 2 fewer than Ovy but yeah a kings fans knows best. Stop talking outta ur ass brah

He is third in GWG over the past 5 seasons. He has proven to be a clutch scorer over a huge sample, 5 seasons. What more can you want from ur goalscorer? Oh yea, he is also 5th in Goals over that same span.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
lol are u just guessing at this point? :laugh::laugh:
Pacs is second in GWG for the past 3 seasons. Only 2 fewer than Ovy but yeah a kings fans knows best. Stop talking outta ur ass brah

He is third in GWG over the past 5 seasons. He has proven to be a clutch scorer over a huge sample, 5 seasons. What more can you want from ur goalscorer? Oh yea, he is also 5th in Goals over that same span.

I think he's talking about his .56 ppg in his 3 playoff seasons when he mentions critical time. Most players drop some production in the playoffs as the game gets tighter, but that's pretty significant. In his recent 3 playoff seasons, Carter has averaged .82ppg. He's scored more points than Kopitar over that span which is impressive.

GWG's are great, but for the Kings right now playoff production is all that really matters. Getting younger doesn't matter one bit, they only have a couple years left to win with this core then it's major decision time. Max is a wonderful player, there isn't a team that wouldn't want him. That said, the Kings aren't going to trade their one of their top playoff performers for him who is a center to boot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad