Proposal: 3 way trade (LA-MTL-FLA)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Sign who? The only notable free agents we have coming up are Jagr, Petrovic and Pysyk. We just gave out numerous 5-8 year deals to lock up the core and we have the 3rd most cap room ($10 million) and possibly more if/when we send Kindl and Berra to the AHL.

If Carter can be had for picks and prospects than I'd love to have him but it'd probably start with roster players I'm not willing to give up. Who do you suppose we trade to acquire Patches or Carter?

in some trades, u need to exchange big value for big value. If the cats want patches or Carter, they would have to start with Huberdeau. I can understand why they wouldnt, so the next player would have to be Yandle and a deal around Yandle+prospects and or picks for Patches/Carter could technically work in terms of value.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
It actually makes perfect sense for Florida and absolutely no sense for Montreal and LA. All three teams, including ur cats, wanna win, they are in win now and acquiring either of those players would give the cats a huge boost. Premiere scoring forwards like pacs dont grow on tress and extremely efficient players like Carter on great contracts are almost impossible to find in today's NHL cap.

And create a hole on D in the process. Again, read what I said on Matheson.

I mean sure, the panthers are loaded with talent, but at the same time they have to sign those players. Pacs and Carter provide great value for their contracts. The cats will have the same situation as the bolts. The cap will force their hands.

Sign who? Bjugstad is signed till 20/21 with a 4.1 cap hit and Matheson is signed through 17/18 with a .925 cap hit.
Again, we have Huberdeau on LW who's shown good chemistry with Barkov.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
And create a hole on D in the process. Again, read what I said on Matheson.

Sign who? Bjugstad is signed till 20/21 with a 4.1 cap hit and Matheson is signed through 17/18 with a .925 cap hit.
Again, we have Huberdeau on LW who's shown good chemistry with Barkov.

alright i understand. And I know Huberdeau has good chemistry with Barkov but I was talking from a value wise pov. The habs can say the same with Galchenyuk and Pacs, they had insane chemistry.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
in some trades, u need to exchange big value for big value. If the cats want patches or Carter, they would have to start with Huberdeau. I can understand why they wouldnt, so the next player would have to be Yandle and a deal around Yandle+prospects and or picks for Patches/Carter could technically work in terms of value.

Exactly what I just stated. It's a no from the Panthers. We are in a real good spot right now with what we got. No need to do anymore big deals, the dust has just settled on one of our busiest off-seasons in team history. I'm ready to roll with our current lineup, let's talk again come mid November and reassess any needs we may have.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Hmmm I agree with this but it doesn't explain why Pacs is better than Carts.

Pacioretty is a top P/60 player, goal scorer and hes one of the best advanced stats wingers in the game (its well known that hes a great defensive/possession player, he also plays on the PK), you should tell me why Carter is better.

Last edited:

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
Pacioretty is a top P/60 player, goal scorer and hes one of the best advanced stats wingers (its well known that hes a great defensive/possession player, he also plays on the PK) in the game, you should tell me why Carter is better.

His own coach, allegedly, doesn't even like him. ;)

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
Guys please,

I didn't create that to know who's better between the two haha. We can say both are quality players, close in value and a trade involving these two shouldn't be considered a steal from both clubs.

There is more to the trade than Pacioretty vs Carter!

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Isles fan living in Southeast Florida here.

I'd hope the Panthers do this because Matheson scares the crap out of me after watching him in the Isles series. He's the real deal.

Bjugstad, when healthy, is a very unique talent. 6' 6" center who can beat the defender to the outside and has serious hands.

The team remodeled their roster over the summer to where they will really accentuate their speed and skill and puck possession. It's a team that will be dominant for a long time to come.

When you can roll out Barkov, Trocheck and Bjugstad as your top 3 centers you are on to something. The only weakness right now is that they really don't have the right wingers for Bjugstad yet and he needs to pretty much generate all his own offense.

I would not make this trade for the Panthers, they are in great shape. So good that the expansion draft will probably hurt them as much as any team in the league.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Isles fan living in Southeast Florida here.

I'd hope the Panthers do this because Matheson scares the crap out of me after watching him in the Isles series. He's the real deal.

Bjugstad, when healthy, is a very unique talent. 6' 6" center who can beat the defender to the outside and has serious hands.

The team remodeled their roster over the summer to where they will really accentuate their speed and skill and puck possession. It's a team that will be dominant for a long time to come.

When you can roll out Barkov, Trocheck and Bjugstad as your top 3 centers you are on to something. The only weakness right now is that they really don't have the right wingers for Bjugstad yet and he needs to pretty much generate all his own offense.

I would not make this trade for the Panthers, they are in great shape. So good that the expansion draft will probably hurt them as much as any team in the league.
I don't see how. :dunno:

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
I don't see how. :dunno:

You can only protect 8 players and someone is going to be lost who is a Top 6 player.

Protected Lists
* Clubs will have two options for players they wish to protect in the Expansion Draft:

a) Seven forwards, three defensemen and one goaltender

b) Eight skaters (forwards/defensemen) and one goaltender

* All players who have currently effective and continuing "No Movement" clauses at the time of the Expansion Draft (and who to decline to waive such clauses) must be protected (and will be counted toward their club's applicable protection limits).

* All first- and second-year professionals, as well as all unsigned draft choices, will be exempt from selection (and will not be counted toward their club's applicable protection limits).

Player Exposure Requirements
* All Clubs must meet the following minimum requirements regarding players exposed for selection in the Expansion Draft:

i) One defenseman who is a) under contract in 2017-18 and b) played in 40 or more NHL games the prior season OR played in 70 or more NHL games in the prior two seasons.

ii) Two forwards who are a) under contract in 2017-18 and b) played in 40 or more NHL games the prior season OR played in 70 or more NHL games in the prior two seasons.

iii) One goaltender who is under contract in 2017-18 or will be a restricted free agent at the expiration of his current contract immediately prior to 2017-18. If the club elects to make a restricted free agent goaltender available in order to meet this requirement, that goaltender must have received his qualifying offer prior to the submission of the club's protected list.

Someone pretty important is going to be exposed.

Who do you protect?

Barkov
Huberdeau
Trocheck
Bjugstad
Ekblad
Yandle
Demers
Petrovic
Jokinen
Smith
Luongo
Reimer
Jagr

I believe all of them are eligible for the expansion draft.

Either Jagr or Luongo will likely be exposed. That seems best possibility.

member 88115

Pacioretty is a top P/60 player, goal scorer and hes one of the best advanced stats wingers in the game (its well known that hes a great defensive/possession player, he also plays on the PK), you should tell me why Carter is better.

Because Carter is everything you just mentioned, but plays a more important role as a Center.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad