Proposal: 3 way trade (LA-MTL-FLA)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
I don't think Pacioretty would have been named to Team Canada.

he would be one of the only pure wingers. Hes got size and can score. So yeah def makes it for Canada. He started the WC on the top line of USA. His play in the tourny is irrelevant to whether he would have gotten picked or not.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
On what planet does Bgustad get u Carter or Pacs??
30 to 40 goal scorers on such a cheap contract are really hard to come by in today's NHL. And you think Bgusjtad can commend a proven goal scorer?? Really? At this point hes just a third liner. But I guess LA would be dumb enough to flip a proven 2nd line C for a third line C with mediocre production.

Martyros

Allow me to retort
Aug 13, 2005
Holly Hood
I like Bjugstad...as a 3rd line center. Not at the cost of a highly versatile Carter (literally plays any position and any situation, and quite good at every aspect).

Gavy

Jan 30, 2012
Ottawa
he would be one of the only pure wingers. Hes got size and can score. So yeah def makes it for Canada. He started the WC on the top line of USA. His play in the tourny is irrelevant to whether he would have gotten picked or not.

Bahahaha Pacioretty would never make team canada. Not in a million years

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
I like Bjugstad...as a 3rd line center. Not at the cost of a highly versatile Carter (literally plays any position and any situation, and quite good at every aspect).

tbh, any trade involving pacs or carter would have to include Huberdeau not Bjugstad.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
On what planet does Bgustad get u Carter or Pacs??
30 to 40 goal scorers on such a cheap contract are really hard to come by in today's NHL. And you think Bgusjtad can commend a proven goal scorer?? Really? At this point hes just a third liner. But I guess LA would be dumb enough to flip a proven 2nd line C for a third line C with mediocre production.

Did you miss Matheson? Not saying that'd get a deal done, but it wasn't just Bjugs. However as a fan, I wouldn't be happy to give both guys for either of those two wingers. Matheson has shown a lot of promise and Bjugstad is still young. And on a great contract. I think he'll have a strong year.

tbh, any trade involving pacs or carter would have to include Huberdeau not Bjugstad.

No, it doesn't. Wouldn't make sense to make such a deal, imo. There's not that huge a jump in points.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Guys its simple, Pacioretty isnt going anywhere for the next 3 seasons because of his contract.

Hes a cost efficient player who'll score 35 goals every season, no way MB is moving him.. we're in the salary cap era.

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
Guys its simple, Pacioretty isnt going anywhere for the next 3 seasons because of his contract.

Hes a cost efficient player who'll score 35 goals every season, no way MB is moving him.. we're in the salary cap era.

Even if I proposed it, you're totally right! Still, I'd say Carter at 5,2M for a longer time would be wise for cap management. Pacioretty is going to ask 8M at the end of his current contract.

Even if I created the thread, I like Pacioretty and still happy to have him on board.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Did you miss Matheson? Not saying that'd get a deal done, but it wasn't just Bjugs. However as a fan, I wouldn't be happy to give both guys for either of those two wingers. Matheson has shown a lot of promise and Bjugstad is still young. And on a great contract. I think he'll have a strong year.

No, it doesn't. Wouldn't make sense to make such a deal, imo. There's not that huge a jump in points.

It actually makes perfect sense for Florida and absolutely no sense for Montreal and LA. All three teams, including ur cats, wanna win, they are in win now and acquiring either of those players would give the cats a huge boost. Premiere scoring forwards like pacs dont grow on tress and extremely efficient players like Carter on great contracts are almost impossible to find in today's NHL cap.

Stumbling Jack

Jan 4, 2013
Valencia

Hmmm I agree with this but it doesn't explain why Pacs is better than Carts.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
It actually makes perfect sense for Florida and absolutely no sense for Montreal and LA. All three teams, including ur cats, wanna win, they are in win now and acquiring either of those players would give the cats a huge boost. Premiere scoring forwards like pacs dont grow on tress and extremely efficient players like Carter on great contracts are almost impossible to find in today's NHL cap.
They could still be in a win now mode by keeping Bjugstad and Matheson. And simultaneously keeping an eye on the future.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
They could still be in a win now mode by keeping Bjugstad and Matheson. And simultaneously keeping an eye on the future.

I mean sure, the panthers are loaded with talent, but at the same time they have to sign those players. Pacs and Carter provide great value for their contracts. The cats will have the same situation as the bolts. The cap will force their hands.

junyab

Jan 22, 2013
While I agree that Pacioretty is «slightly» better than Carter, Radulov (I'm confident he puts similar numbers to Pacioretty aka 30-30) can take his spot and we get a massive help at C, a more important position than wing.

Also, young wingers are ready (some more than others, like Andrighetto).

In that case, I'd trade Desharnais to Philly for Nick Schultz (which was well received by most of both fanbases).

Radulov-Galchenyuk-Andrighetto
Hudon/Lekhonen-Carter-Gallagher
Carr-Plekanec-Shaw
Danault-Mitchell-whoever takes a spot.

Radulov hasn't played a single game in a Habs sweater and we're trading a captain, leading scorer, and cap friendly winger for a 3 years passed his prime 2C?!?!?

No thanks.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I mean sure, the panthers are loaded with talent, but at the same time they have to sign those players. Pacs and Carter provide great value for their contracts. The cats will have the same situation as the bolts. The cap will force their hands.

Sign who? The only notable free agents we have coming up are Jagr, Petrovic and Pysyk. We just gave out numerous 5-8 year deals to lock up the core and we have the 3rd most cap room ($10 million) and possibly more if/when we send Kindl and Berra to the AHL.

If Carter can be had for picks and prospects than I'd love to have him but it'd probably start with roster players I'm not willing to give up. Who do you suppose we trade to acquire Patches or Carter?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad