Proposal: 3 way trade (LA-MTL-FLA)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
For the sake of discussion.. Is there a possible frame to work with that :

To LA

Nick Bjugstad
Mike Matheson
2nd 2017 MTL

To MTL

Jeff Carter
Kevin Gravel

To FLA

Max Pacioretty
Mark Barberio

Why?

LA gets a very good young PMD in Matheson and Bjugstad to replace Carter's departure. The famous 2nd rounder is added to give LA a chance to draft a good cheap and young player.

MTL makes sure to strengthen their C line and gives an opportunity to the many young wingers knocking at the door (Andrighetto, Carr, Lehkonen, Hudon). MTL receives Gravel to replenish his D prospect depth.

Florida receives a #1LW to strengthen their wings while subtracting from a strength position in Bjugstad. FLA also receives Barberio, which is a serviable PMD.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
ATM,

The Kings can't afford to give up Carter, his contract, production, are too good for a cap strapped team to lose.

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
Pacioretty is better than Carter, so no.

While I agree that Pacioretty is «slightly» better than Carter, Radulov (I'm confident he puts similar numbers to Pacioretty aka 30-30) can take his spot and we get a massive help at C, a more important position than wing.

Also, young wingers are ready (some more than others, like Andrighetto).

In that case, I'd trade Desharnais to Philly for Nick Schultz (which was well received by most of both fanbases).

Radulov-Galchenyuk-Andrighetto
Hudon/Lekhonen-Carter-Gallagher
Carr-Plekanec-Shaw
Danault-Mitchell-whoever takes a spot.

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
ATM,

The Kings can't afford to give up Carter, his contract, production, are too good for a cap strapped team to lose.

That's what I figured out when Pacioretty for Carter was proposed. Kings fan wanted Pacioretty, but not at the expense of having Shore as a 2C.

That's why Bjugstad is there (also Kings are used/like to have big bodies in their lineup) and Matheson helps a lot LA's D from what I perceive by looking at their D-corp (I might be wrong!). I could understand Bjugstad not being enough of a replacement to help the D.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Don't get me wrong, I love me a good 3-way but I don't think this is going to work

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Not trading Pacioretty for Carter.

What's the point? We get 4 years older, and then what?

jacks*

Mar 29, 2013
I wouldn't trade Patches for that package let alone add Barberio and a 2nd.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
For the sake of discussion.. Is there a possible frame to work with that :

To LA

Nick Bjugstad
Mike Matheson
2nd 2017 MTL

To MTL

Jeff Carter
Kevin Gravel

To FLA

Max Pacioretty
Mark Barberio

Why?

LA gets a very good young PMD in Matheson and Bjugstad to replace Carter's departure. The famous 2nd rounder is added to give LA a chance to draft a good cheap and young player.

MTL makes sure to strengthen their C line and gives an opportunity to the many young wingers knocking at the door (Andrighetto, Carr, Lehkonen, Hudon). MTL receives Gravel to replenish his D prospect depth.

Florida receives a #1LW to strengthen their wings while subtracting from a strength position in Bjugstad. FLA also receives Barberio, which is a serviable PMD.

From a Panthers POV, I'm content with this team as is. With an improved PP, I think we're challenging with TBL and MON all year long for the division title. We are just entering our Cup contender stage/window and we are not about to trade a solid prospect in Matheson and decent 2/3C in Bjugstad who just needs some luck in the injury department to show his true worth.

I'm content with Huberdeau and possibly McCann as our top 6LW's in 2-3 years time. Bjusgtad or Smith could challenege for the #1RW spot next year if Jagr retires, re-signs with us and takes a reduced role with us or signs somewhere else.

Only players I'd have on my trade block would be:

Berra (Luongo is healthy at training camp as of today)
Kindl (retention for a 3rd or 4th round pick)

I'm excited for the depth we have now and just ready to see what this roster can do. No thank you to the deal.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Panthers like Matheson and how he's progressed since being drafted. They're looking at him to be a big piece of the defense this year. We have Huberdau at LW already, and there's no need to move Bjugstad. He's on a good contract and gives us solid depth at center.

So no thanks.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
The Kings put emphasis on position players the following way:

1. Defense
2. Centers

gap

3. Wingers who can play Center

gap

4. Wingers who only play wing

Given the current lack of center depth, the only way the Kings trade Carter for a winger is if it's for a player they couldn't say no to. The roster is built on strong defensive play and size/strength down the middle. We have all seen what has happened the last few years when the team went from 4 strong down the middle in Kopitar-Carter-Richards-Stoll to Kopitar-Carter-Shore-Whoever. LA is not in a position to weaken that in any way, so outside of a top flight winger they would change their system for, Carter is going to be a non-starter. They simply can't afford to trade him right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad