GDT: #3 | Flyers at Oilers | Tuesday, October 15, 2024 | 10:00 PM Celsius Time | ESPN

Danko

The Bearer of Bad Knees
Jul 28, 2004
Edmonton has been struggling to score only have like 3 goals this season..., sounds like they are putting top guys together tonight. If we take a bunch of tripping/hooking penalties tonight we are getting smoked easily.

Reactions: Juicy Pop

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
A deep young team.
They already have the wings in place, Michkov, TK, Tippett, Foerster, Farabee, Brink, and behind them players like Barkey and Bump.
They have the goalies in place, Ersson, Fedotov, Kolosov, Zavragin, Bjarnason.
They have RHDs, Sanheim, Drysdale, Bonk, Sotheran, Gill, Molino

They have Frost and Luchanko, need one more top 6 center.
They have York, Andrae? Zamula? need at least one top 4 LHD.

They'll have 5 picks in the top 40, if Edmonton and Colorado can't find goalies, all three 1st rd picks may be in the lower 20s or better, which would make it easy to target a couple players in the teens.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
They don’t have a 1C
They don’t have a 1D

They haven’t drafted a serviceable 1C since 2011, and they haven’t drafted a top 10 in the league 1C since 2006. They haven’t drafted a legit 1D in, well, forever.

The only sure thing they have at RD is the 28 year old Sanheim, the only sure thing they have at LD is York. Bonk might be good, he might also just be a 4/5 guy. The rest of the D prospects are longshots to be more than 6/7 players.

The goaltending pipeline looks good, but who knows? 6-7 years ago the D pipeline looked great, how did that work out?

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
I’m watching the game from work so nothing better to do, they really REALLY need to give Andrae a shot.. wtf is Johnson doing in this lineup he’s a turnover freak show, almost as bad as the disaster that is -4 Zamula

I saw EDM is like -240 or something...the books know
If my life’s on the line I’m betting on Edmonton easily lol

Angry Hockey Dad

Michkov save us
May 30, 2013
Canada
IMG_2135.jpeg

Last edited:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
If they are so down on Frost and still questions on Jett...who is the 2c of the future
These things will work out one way or another.
Still think they're on the 2027-28 schedule when they first drafted Michkov (i.e. when they expected him to come over at age 21 in 2026 and be a star the next season).
Which explains the emphasis on the 2025 draft, those picks should be arriving in 2026-2028.

Frost will determine his own future, if he posts 40+ ES points he's set at 2C.
Luchanko will get a few years to grow into a top 6 spot, whether he stays or goes back to the CHL.

So add a top 4 LHD to York, Sanheim and Bonk. I don't think they're counting on Drysdale, rather, they'd like be pleasantly surprised.

Add a top 6 center to Frost and Luchanko and if you don't have a true #1, have 3 solid #2.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad