Post-Game Talk: 3 Down, 1 To Go

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
Hindsight is 20/20, so I'm happy with Henrique's perfect shot on the 2 on 1 to make it 2-0.
But looking at this, does anyone else think that maybe the better play was a pass :laugh::
View attachment 885899

There's an overhead shot which makes him look even more open, but CBC didn't show it in the immediate replays. Maybe I can find it in the intermission.

Anyway, so happy right now. 1 more. We can do it.

i thought the same at live speed but you never know if that panthers D gets his stick onto janmarks at the last second or if the shot rebounds out to janmark etc. Theres a reason people get pissy when they start passing up grade A shooting opportunities. At the end of the day we're just lucky Henrique was feeling confident and ripped that disc.

DavidHasselhoffsFist

Seen some dark places, but always pop back out!
May 9, 2010
Must keep him up at night.:laugh:
IMG_1294.gif

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
The Oilers have played do or die hockey 5 times this playoff run already. They can handle the pressure.

We are talking how Florida will bring their best and that is very true. But so will the Oilers. We have the best player on the planet and arguably the 2nd best 1 win away from a Stanley cup. They are going to be relentless.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Hindsight is 20/20, so I'm happy with Henrique's perfect shot on the 2 on 1 to make it 2-0.
But looking at this, does anyone else think that maybe the better play was a pass :laugh::
View attachment 885899

There's an overhead shot which makes him look even more open, but CBC didn't show it in the immediate replays. Maybe I can find it in the intermission.

Anyway, so happy right now. 1 more. We can do it.
Always take the shot when you have a clear path to the net.

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
For whatever reason I feel that these two fanbases don't have much animosity for each other. I cheered for them even as a kiddo in 1993 even, and when they have gone on deep runs I have hoped they could pull it off.

One of my good friends is a Habs fan and he was pretty quickly on board as well. Only time we're ever explicitly not supportive of each team is when we are playing (except when he wants us to thump them for a better draft pick haha)
Here's the reason:

Before the Oilers joined the NHL almost all the local hockey fans, like me, were either fans of the Leafs or, more likely, the Habs since they were at the tail end of a decade of dominance with some of the biggest names in hockey history.

After they joined the NHL, & especially after the Oilers played & upset them in the playoffs in 1981, they became all these fans' 2nd favorite team & they are still most fans' 2nd favorite team. The love for the great 70's teams & their incredible SC runs is still alive & well in most people's minds from that era.

I know I will never have any animosity for the Habs as they are my 2nd favorite team.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
For whatever reason I feel that these two fanbases don't have much animosity for each other. I cheered for them even as a kiddo in 1993 even, and when they have gone on deep runs I have hoped they could pull it off.

One of my good friends is a Habs fan and he was pretty quickly on board as well. Only time we're ever explicitly not supportive of each team is when we are playing (except when he wants us to thump them for a better draft pick haha)
I was on the habs wagon on their last run.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Here's the reason:

Before the Oilers joined the NHL almost all the local hockey fans, like me, were either fans of the Leafs or, more likely, the Habs since they were at the tail end of a decade of dominance with some of the biggest names in hockey history.

After they joined the NHL, & especially after the Oilers played & upset them in the playoffs in 1981, they became all these fans' 2nd favorite team & they are still most fans' 2nd favorite team. The love for the great 70's teams & their incredible SC runs is still alive & well in most people's minds from that era.

I know I will never have any animosity for the Habs as they are my 2nd favorite team.

I also think generally Oilers fans and Habs fans get along better than other Canadian fans because we've been the most relatively successful franchises and are thus also the least insecure relatively.

I'd add that the bilingualism thing likely stops the crazies from both sides from interacting as much which probably helps too.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
I know this isn’t serious but it might actually be true. I think this run surpassed 06 and that was something I didnt think was possible.

Yeah, no matter what happens tomorrow night, and lets be real, its a coin toss as to what happens (puck bounces, reffing, weird play, lucky post, etc likely decides the game), this is the best run since the last cup win. It's better than 06 to me for a few reasons.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
"I expect Amerant arena to be the loudest building we've played in the entire post season on Monday." - Tkachuk 🤡

Did they manage to get a hold of one of those men in black memory erasure devices or something? That's a hot take so hot it's bordering on bizarre unhealthy delusion.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
"I expect Amerant arena to be the loudest building we've played in the entire post season on Monday." - Tkachuk 🤡

Did they manage to get a hold of one of those men in black memory erasure devices or something? That's a hot take so hot it's bordering on bizarre unhealthy delusion.
It will probably be full of Oiler fans. A lot of Panthers fans are selling their game 7 tickets either because they don't have faith in the team or they want to make some easy money.

gretzkyoilers

Apr 17, 2012
i thought the same at live speed but you never know if that panthers D gets his stick onto janmarks at the last second or if the shot rebounds out to janmark etc. Theres a reason people get pissy when they start passing up grade A shooting opportunities. At the end of the day we're just lucky Henrique was feeling confident and ripped that disc.
Henrique is a good finisher

Yeah, no matter what happens tomorrow night, and lets be real, its a coin toss as to what happens (puck bounces, reffing, weird play, lucky post, etc likely decides the game), this is the best run since the last cup win. It's better than 06 to me for a few reasons.
Yeah the 2006 team were a Cinderella team. The current Oilers have been serious contenders for the last few seasons with not only McDavid but a deep roster with a greatly improved defence / PK.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006

His predictions haven't exactly been accurate so far this round. ;)

Reactions: TB12

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad