Post-Game Talk: 3 Down, 1 To Go

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
I wonder why he dialed it back so much tonight? Maybe he did it to throw off the Panthers. lol. As stupid as that sounds you never know. It would be wild if he's this quiet in game 7. You would think and expect he comes out in game 7 more possessed than ever before in his life.
Once it was 3-0 all he did the rest of the game was try to stay on above the puck.

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
Slightly OT, but you just described one of my favorite parts about this Cup run: the focus and determination of these players to stay humble and not count chickens before they hatch.

One of my worst memories from 2006 (second only to losing the Cup and Roli getting hurt) was Raffi Torres' interview after the Game 6 shutout at Rexall. When asked about the Canes, his reply to the media was, "I think we've got them right where we want them."

That was the moment where I instinctively knew that we wouldn't be ready for Game 7. And sure enough, the Canes shut us right down.

Very thankful for how this group has steered clear of that airhead mentality for the most part. Definitely think they flirted with it at the beginning of the SCF when they were joking about Mario Kart and being a little too loose for my liking. But they've tightened it up ever since then.
I still blame that idiot Scott Oake for saying to Pronger and Peca you pretty much have no choice but to win now right? Talk about extra unneeded pressure to put on those two.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Slightly OT, but you just described one of my favorite parts about this Cup run: the focus and determination of these players to stay humble and not count chickens before they hatch.

One of my worst memories from 2006 (second only to losing the Cup and Roli getting hurt) was Raffi Torres' interview after the Game 6 shutout at Rexall. When asked about the Canes, his reply to the media was, "I think we've got them right where we want them."

That was the moment where I instinctively knew that we wouldn't be ready for Game 7. And sure enough, the Canes shut us right down.

Very thankful for how this group has steered clear of that airhead mentality for the most part. Definitely think they flirted with it at the beginning of the SCF when they were joking about Mario Kart and being a little too loose for my liking. But they've tightened it up ever since then.
The Blackhawks joked about Mario Kart all the way to winning 3 Stanley Cups. I was wondering if Keith brought their playoffs tradition to Edmonton. You never know what brings the group together and keeps them loose.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Skinner in Games 4-7....10-0 with a .940 save pct. outplaying Oettinger and Bobrovsky along the way.
Skinner haters in shambles, running out of excuses to shit on him. Sometimes patience is the best course and thank god Holland was more patient than a chunk of this fanbase.
I’m not his biggest supporter, but one thing I’ve always done is post comments when he’s played an awesome game or made big stops, which he’s been doing a lot of lately. He’s been damn good these last two rounds, outside of a bad goal in game 3. He needs to be the calming influence the team needs behind them for one last time this post-season on Monday. If that sports psychologist is working with him too, he has some sort of wizardry powers.

Last edited:

BFDBFD

Oct 9, 2007
Luanda, Angola
First time in a while I am *f***ing buzzing!*

Also, I missed the first goal coming back from haircut but....

+4 (+2 if we don't count EN) playing Diablo 4.
-1 Eating.

Combined with past 2 games that's like

+10 playing DIablo 4
-3 Eating (I will fast)
+2 cutting vegetables.
I've been rocking Diablo 2: Resurrected all playoffs. But keep doing what you're doing, too!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad