GDT: 3/28/15 - 2:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Detroit

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Missing an open net...just when you start asking what we haven't done on the PP it's that.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
When you have a ******* PP, DeKeyser can essentially do everything but penetrate Kucherov to take away a sure 5 on 5 score; because there's no worry in going a man down against the Lightning. They're that predictably bad at the man advantage.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
This reminds me of the terrible 2nd period against FLA, the only difference is that we didn't score two in the 1st and are only down by 1, now we're down by 3 and I don't see how this team would be able to tunr that around, some teams could but this team have a hard time not panicing when things get though so it will be hard.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
TKO should be our 1st unit. Sometimes it seems like we're killing the 1st minute + just to get them out there. Our 1st unit is Stamkos + secondary scorers. Makes no sense.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
TKO should be our 1st unit. Sometimes it seems like we're killing the 1st minute + just to get them out there. Our 1st unit is Stamkos + secondary scorers. Makes no sense.

There's really no question, that last PP they almost scored a couple of times. First unit cannot even get set up, it's a joke.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
N Qvist have been on a pretty long goal drough = we let him score against us.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I pray to god Garrison is not out long term.. If we loose another Dman and have to put up with more Sustr and Barbario I'm just not gonna watch anymore games till Playoffs.

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
It boggles my mind over and over how a team that dominates at 5v5 can't, in any way, figure out how to play even remotely well at 5v4. This has to be some kind of paradoxical thing. Don't figure that stuff out, and the sledding is going to be that much harder come April, because this team's special teams metrics are, by far, the worst out of all playoff teams right now.

Per Travis Yost about a month ago:

yost-specialteams2_44760.jpg

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I pray to god Garrison is not out long term.. If we loose another Dman and have to put up with more Sustr and Barbario I'm just not gonna watch anymore games till Playoffs.

Nesterov has definitely hit a wall too with his decision-making. We're pretty much about to go back to the pre-Gudas/Coburn trade days, when Carle was injured. Only now it's Garrison injured, not Carle, which is significantly worse.

In short: we're ****ed.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Need to try and at least finsih this period strong. Want to see the team come out angry and embaraced by theat 2nd period.

Cigar City

Apr 21, 2012
Tampa
Nesterov has definitely hit a wall too with his decision-making. We're pretty much about to go back to the pre-Gudas/Coburn trade days, when Carle was injured. Only now it's Garrison injured, not Carle, which is significantly worse.

In short: we're ****ed.

GARRISON got hurt??? Ohhh ****.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
I like that we keep shoting but not from so far away, any goalie that can see the puck will stop it.

Maelmoor

Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
It boggles my mind over and over how a team that dominates at 5v5 can't, in any way, figure out how to play even remotely well at 5v4. This has to be some kind of paradoxical thing. Don't figure that stuff out, and the sledding is going to be that much harder come April, because this team's special teams metrics are, by far, the worst out of all playoff teams right now.

Per Travis Yost about a month ago:

yost-specialteams2_44760.jpg

I know people complain about Sustr and Barbs but what will cost us a place in the next round is the abmyssal PP, you cannot afford to play so poorly on 5vs4 in the playoffs...

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Ugh, that Smith guy, should have been suspended for his hit on Vladdy last time we played them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad