GDT: 3/22/2014, Carolina Hurricanes at Winnipeg Jets: Thank You for Being a Friend Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Well the entirety of his enormous ass was in the blue paint by his own volition. It definitely deserved to be blowed down, hard to say if it was truly interference but there was no way for ward to get back in the play.

Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Well the entirety of his enormous ass was in the blue paint by his own volition. It definitely deserved to be blowed down, hard to say if it was truly interference but there was no way for ward to get back in the play.

He was sitting on Ward's blocker, Ward couldn't have gotten up if he wanted to.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.

That's kinda the definition for what's truly goaltender interference. If you're in the paint and prevent the goaltender from making the play... Buf sitting on Ward's arm is about as clear cut as it gets IMO.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
That's kinda the definition for what's truly goaltender interference. If you're in the paint and prevent the goaltender from making the play... Buf sitting on Ward's arm is about as clear cut as it gets IMO.

I kinda agree, but I don't think there was any intent to be on the blocker he just fell backwards. It's a 50/50 call, I think he HAD to blow it down due to the crease violation and took away the goal. That's the important thing. He may not have seen the blocker underneath, as the rest of ward was available to get up but with buff there he had no room thus the blow down. Multiple looks by replay show ward was partially pinned, but there's a lot going on there to see and buff got knocked back by our d. That's probably why it wasn't called as interference and just a crease violation. He went in on his own though. I don't know, tough call but we got the right result.

Big problem on the play was Faulk getting absolutely worked on that cutback by wheeler.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Nice win by Wardo. Stellar play. Overall a nice game - wish Skinner would have scored on that breakaway.

Clearly justhereforthefights and The Golden Girls bring good GDT juju!

rocky7

DAT 13
Feb 9, 2013
God's country
Tracy blathering on about saves of the *week*..lol. at least one, maybe two were candidates for 'save of the year'....

Muller has run the same zone exit all year that usually loses them games and almost lost this one.

good entertaining game overall tonight though.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Tracy blathering on about saves of the *week*..lol. at least one, maybe two were candidates for 'save of the year'....

Muller has run the same zone exit all year that usually loses them games and almost lost this one.

good entertaining game overall tonight though.

I think it was more about the players simply being exhausted. From about the 10 minute mark onward in the 3rd period, they couldn't do anything but dump it out of the zone.

rocky7

DAT 13
Feb 9, 2013
God's country
Missed the game, I'm too busy with the wedding stuff. Ugh

and.......it begins... wait till the little one comes...;)

so Ward was interviewed on TSN and was like a little kid who couldn't stop giggling.
who knows for sure but maybe they/he are considering Winnipeg as a destination. anyways, he sure was happy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad