GDT: 28/1/14 - CAR @ MTL - A Southerner's Guide to watching Hockey in Montréal

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
They worked hard to block our shots, we couldn't finish the ones they didn't, and we hit a couple of posts.

They beat us fair and square, we were out chancing them but they were sitting on the lead. Well.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Lots of talk about blocks, but Montreal actually had more on NYE than tonight. Not by much (34 vs. 27), but it was there. I think we just saw a tired team tonight. Eric said as much postgame.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Least we still have dat timeout. Has Muller used it yet?

He's saving them up. So if we're in a "win and we're in" situation again, we'll get the lead early, then call a timeout that lasts for the remainder of the game. He knows our history well.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
I'm gonna go ahead and apologise. I've lost us every game we've ever played against the Habs I've made a GDT for. And as much as I shout "Out, out damned spot" at this mark on my otherwise fairly respectable resumé, it shall forever haunt me.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
teams wins 10 of 13, are they going to win every game??? And this isnt over yet.. I swear some so called fans , we could win the cup again, and they would whine.. CANES NEVER GIVE UP, Remember that you negative people..

Aha! We found you Trip!!!

rocky7

DAT 13
Feb 9, 2013
God's country
They worked hard to block our shots, we couldn't finish the ones they didn't, and we hit a couple of posts.

They beat us fair and square, we were out chancing them but they were sitting on the lead. Well.

have to give the other teams credit sometimes. they were indeed out played, no different really than most of the Blue Jackets game. they have absolutely no answer to an aggressive forecheck, struggled in the neutral zone and had trouble gaining the zone. then didn't get the bounces when they had a chance. if they got a bit of luck on that Bowman drive and Jordan rebound in the first, they may have been able to mount a comeback but by the time Manny had that break, they were well done. PP has become a bit quicker but is still crap. Staal, Semin, Skinner/Lindholm, Faulk, Sekera. no excuse of not enough talent. Dobby is unorthodox but gets the job done. he was struggling though.

things they need to get better at but I'm ok with just chalking this one up to fatigue, everyone except Bowman, of all guys, who was the best Cane last night. rest, heal, and practise getting ready for a tough push to the break now. looking forward to the break from Tripp as I was even tempted to mute him out or watch the ******* French broadcast. at times it even sounded like he began to recognize his own bs, stuttered, then shrilled on.

anyway, I think the Blues goaltending has been struggling of late.

Last edited:

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Canes controlled 61% of the play 5v5 and attempted 75 total shots, so I'm not even sure I'd say that they were outplayed. Score aside, they actually played better than I expected given the amount of games they've played in the last week. I expected more along the lines of what happened for the first 50 minutes against Columbus.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
17-3-2 actually. Quite good still.

I'm missing the other OTL. I see the regulation losses vs. NJ, Tampa, Wsh and the OTL vs. Ottawa, what was the other one?

I come up with 16-3-1, as you said, quite good. Of course, they are quite good against the west also.

Last edited:

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
http://www.nhl.com/ice/standings.htm?season=20132014&type=XVE

It is 17-3-1. NHL.com is actually pretty good when it comes to "extra" stuff like this. Their level of detail is so much better compared to other official league websites, and I regularly have NHL.com boxscores up when watching games. I rarely ever venture anywhere else, except for things like game logs, where I prefer ESPN and even Yahoo.

For reference, the Avalanche, Ducks, and Sharks are a combined 41-14-6 vs. the East and Carolina beat all three in Raleigh. They also got points against the Kings and Blackhawks, a combined 25-7-8.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I misread the tweet. They're 9-0-0 against Eastern Conference teams at home

Then how about Halak being 7-1-1 in his last 9 starts with a 1.77 GAA and .940 SV and two shutouts?

Meanwhile, in the Canes last 9 games, they've been shutout 3 times.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
I misread the tweet. They're 9-0-0 against Eastern Conference teams at home

Then how about Halak being 7-1-1 in his last 9 starts with a 1.77 GAA and .940 SV and two shutouts?

Meanwhile, in the Canes last 9 games, they've been shutout 3 times.

How about the Blues are the second best team in hockey. Doesn't that sum it up a little more cleanly?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad