Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread VI

Patdud

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
to stress the Pro authentic sold for 600 bucks is the on ice jersey that hasn't been available since Reebok was selling them for 475/500 like 10 years ago. there is another one that is in line with the adidas prime green and ~250/300. Just doesn't look like its on the pro shop yet.
Better yet it looks to be part of a commemorative presale with a jersey x/1924 number assigned for each sold.

Ill wait until they have other players available and snatch up a primegreen equivalent Lohrei one assuming they will add more player options like they did with the centennials. I wish the proshop offered online customization, the NHL shop customization is garbage and doesnt stitch the numbers or nameplate.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
They need black sleeves and the crack bear. Give me a white stripe vertically on the pants and I’m good. Stripe is optional.

bruins cup

Jun 29, 2024
Whats the status on Tyler Johnson? Did he make the trip? is he still with the team and waiting on a contract? Anyone know?
Not on trip. Still working out at warrior daily kinda like heinen last yr. Guess here is tufte will go down to Providence after trip and he will be signed

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Bs ownership has found the perfect partner in Fanatics.....think about the maximum you can charge and then add a 20-25% premium

Sadly - many fans are being priced out of games and merchandise...and equally as sad- to date Fanatic's quality has been poor regardless of the sport
Fans !!..........They are called after thoughts.

If fans buy them, they must think it's worth it.

Personally, I have no sympathy for them.
Agree

Reactions: Gordoff

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
Whats the status on Tyler Johnson?
After watching Tufte last night?

200w.gif

The Storm

Mar 15, 2022
I liked Frederic on the 2nd line last night. He was moving his feet and moving the puck. Seems like he might fit there? And why not? That line needs the size. His hands are under-rated.

Reactions: BBruins and HustleB

BamBamCam

Apr 12, 2011
Crowsnest Pass AB
Frederic fits with Coyle.
Marchand-Lindholm-Pasta
Zacha-Coyle-Frederic
Beecher-Poitras-Geekie
Jones-Kastelic-Koepke
Until you sign Johnston
Then Jones is the 13 F and Beecher goes back to the 4th line.

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
If Freddy makes line 2 go, and we've only got line 3 to address, yum.

Lysell also plays the left, yeah?

I wonder if eventually (when injuries show) we'll see Lysell-Johnson-Poitras as line 3 or 4 depending on how you want to call it (since line 4 now gets ice time of a 3)

Look it will make mistakes. But with last change, that's a line I'll put in the ozone any time.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
There is no way you break up the fourth line
I like the Freedy and Coyle move, Zacha should stay with Pasta, I am not breaking up the 4th lin, just yet, but I do like the idea of Beecher, getting more ice time, this kid people seem to forget was a 1st rd pick, and he is a kid that from what I can see is coachable and works on what they ask him to work and unlike other prospects, took his demotions as an opportunity to get better, much like Pasta did. I love that size and speed; attitude also give you flexibility at wing or center, pk and a good face off guy.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

DENVER — They provided the crunch at crunch time.

The Bruins’ indefatigable fourth line — Cole Koepke, Mark Kastelic, and Johnny Beecher — once again came up huge in a 5-3 victory over the Avalanche Wednesday night.

The trio was a force all night but particularly when the Bruins were clinging to a late lead like a mountain climber clinging to a ledge when scaling the nearby Rocky Mountains.
With their tightest grip.

The last-gasp moments of a tight NHL game when teams are protecting slim leads is usually when you’ll find fourth liners tattooed to the bench. Those critical minutes are normally reserved for the top skaters.

That’s not the case with these guys.

Coach Jim Montgomery entrusted the ferocious forechecking and physical fourth liners with regular shifts late as the Bruins secured their first road win of the season.

“I think we’ve got to stop calling them the fourth line,” said Montgomery. “I mean, it’s impressive the way they’ve been playing and they’re earning all the ice time they’re getting, and their details, their work ethic, their puck support of one another offensively and defensively is allowing them to have tremendous success.”

All three were plus-3 on the night, with Koepke opening the scoring and Beecher sealing it with an empty-netter.

Koepke, who had 1 goal and 2 points on his NHL résumé when the Bruins signed him to a free agent deal in July, already has 2 goals and 3 assists in five games.

“He’s been a great surprise,” said Montgomery. “I don’t think he’s been that much of a surprise to our pro scouts that recommended him. They spoke highly about him and he’s rewarding those scouts and us with the effort and how he’s playing.”

Being counted on with the game on the line has been a huge confidence boost for Koepke and his linemates.

“It’s a big job and a big responsibility that comes with it, and it’s something we don’t take lightly,” said Koepke, “and to be in that situation, it shows that we’re gaining the trust of the team and the coaching staff and it’s something we’re really proud of and just something we’re going to keep building on.”

“I saw it coming at me,” said Koepke, who landed four shots on net and seven hits on Avalanche skaters. “I saw Peeker coming down with the puck. I just tried to get out front in case he was going to throw it there and I saw him make a heads-up play and kind of looked right at me and made a great play and just deflected it in.”

Beecher wasn’t credited with an assist on Hampus Lindholm’s goal, which boosted the lead to 4-1, but he played a key role in it. Beecher parked his 6-foot-3-inch, 216-pound frame in front of Georgiev, who never saw Lindholm’s rising wrister.

“The whole line’s been amazing for us,” said Lindholm. “They’re the hardest workers out there and they earn everything they get.”

As long as the triumvirate continues to get after it, Montgomery will continue to call its number, regardless of whether he pencils them in as the third or fourth line.

“I’ve always been a coach that you go out and you play the right way and you’re showing effort and execution, you’re going to get rewarded with ice time,” Montgomery said, “and we’ve got to continue to build that throughout the lineup.”

Also:

The Bruins won 77 percent of the faceoffs, with Elias Lindholm turning in a 10-of-13 performance from the dot ..

Reactions: Raleighfern

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
If Freddy makes line 2 go, and we've only got line 3 to address, yum.

Lysell also plays the left, yeah?

I wonder if eventually (when injuries show) we'll see Lysell-Johnson-Poitras as line 3 or 4 depending on how you want to call it (since line 4 now gets ice time of a 3)

Look it will make mistakes. But with last change, that's a line I'll put in the ozone any time.

Lysell, Johnson and poitras, that is the line that nightmares are made of. they better score 2 a game just to break even out there

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Marchand-Lindholm-Pasta
Zacha-Coyle-Frederic
Beecher-Poitras-Geekie
Jones-Kastelic-Koepke
Until you sign Johnston

Right.

The two players with the worst plus/minus on the team belong together.

Make it Freddy (-7), Coyle (-5) and Geekie (-4) and we have the three worst. Our new legit 4th line.

That said, I could see it.

Lysell, Johnson and poitras, that is the line that nightmares are made of. they better score 2 a game just to break even out there

Doesn't appear to be a left winger on that line.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Marchand-Lindholm-Pasta
Zacha-Coyle-Frederic
Beecher-Poitras-Geekie
Jones-Kastelic-Koepke
Until you sign Johnston

Ya if Frederic can start producing there that would be great. He’s had a very rough start for the year though.

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
I like the Freedy and Coyle move, Zacha should stay with Pasta, I am not breaking up the 4th lin, just yet, but I do like the idea of Beecher, getting more ice time, this kid people seem to forget was a 1st rd pick, and he is a kid that from what I can see is coachable and works on what they ask him to work and unlike other prospects, took his demotions as an opportunity to get better, much like Pasta did. I love that size and speed; attitude also give you flexibility at wing or center, pk and a good face off guy.
No
The fourth line dominates because they are better than other 4th lines.

Splitting them up makes it harder for Beecher to be as dominant as he has been , and it weakens the 4th line overall.
Just say no

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad