Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread VI

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Where are you getting 6 goals?

They've been on the ice for 2 even strength goals (both against MTL) and the Montreal game notwithstanding, shot attempts are 8 for, 22 against and their xG% is 34.5.

I don't see them getting broken up quickly either but I'm also not seeing the chemistry we were hoping for.
Zacha is in a funk and Lindholm slow today after a good game Thursday. Pasternak still delivering.

Gotta get a 20 game sample size. Poitras probably our best center offensively. Coyle has been awful as well which noone has mentioned.

Least we have 2 wins pretty sure Monday will be ugly. Give Sway the rask treatment and sit him for the tough game for now.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
Zacha is in a funk and Lindholm slow today after a good game Thursday. Pasternak still delivering.

Gotta get a 20 game sample size. Poitras probably our best center offensively. Coyle has been awful as well which noone has mentioned.

Least we have 2 wins pretty sure Monday will be ugly. Give Sway the rask treatment and sit him for the tough game for now.
Yeah it's great we have the 2 wins. Fwiw, I'm not complaining, just looking for ways to improve.

They definitely need more time but I don't think they'll get 20 games. If they don't start flipping the script in terms of zone time and possession I think they'll pull the plug within 10 games.

Reactions: Blowfish

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Both Zacha and Pasta were terrible today.
To be honest, I still not sure Poitras can handle full NHL season, but he does look very good, and I see no chemistry between Pasta and Lindholm, I would try Poitras between Zacha and Pasta, do not break up Zacha and Pata to accommodate Lindholm, by taking Zacha off that line. Try Lindholm and Marchand together, RW is up for grabs, I know Brazeu will be the name most mentioned, give it a shot, Freddy, Coyle, and Geekie would be a very strong third line.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
To be honest, I still not sure Poitras can handle full NHL season, but he does look very good, and I see no chemistry between Pasta and Lindholm, I would try Poitras between Zacha and Pasta, do not break up Zacha and Pata to accommodate Lindholm, by taking Zacha off that line. Try Lindholm and Marchand together, RW is up for grabs, I know Brazeu will be the name most mentioned, give it a shot, Freddy, Coyle, and Geekie would be a very strong third line.

Zacha, Poitras and Pasta would be an incredible liability defensively.

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
Zacha is not bad defensibly, Poitras also a player that hounds back the puck when he turns it over. Pasta is a disaster waiting to happen every time he touches the puck in our D zone.

I believe we need to put Poitras on the first power play tomorrow

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
What do you suggest.
Zacha- Lindholm - Pastrnak is such a great match based on skills, strengths, and weaknesses

Why would anyone break up ?

The issue should be Poitras eventually for Coyle but this should be after Poitras has performed high level for 2-3 months

Zacha is not bad defensibly, Poitras also a player that hounds back the puck when he turns it over. Pasta is a disaster waiting to happen every time he touches the puck in our D zone.

I believe we need to put Poitras on the first power play tomorrow
Poitras wasn’t on the second PP

I’ll start there

Reactions: Number6

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
Zacha- Lindholm - Pastrnak is such a great match based on skills, strengths, and weaknesses

The issue should be Poitras eventually for Coyle but this should be after Poitras has performed high level for 2-3 months

I’ll start there
No reason not to make that change today, It doesn't have to be permanent. Get the kid on the first PP as well.

He's the real deal

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston

I’ll start there
Not enough time to put him on the second unit when the first unit is spending a minute and a half of it defending and turning pucks over.

Puck retrieval is the key and this first unit is not hard enough to win those out numbered battles.

Rather have two mediocre units, break them up into two units. The first one is garbage that just gives the opposition momentum.

loosemoose

May 31, 2020
Poitras is excellent defensively for his age. Generally has had much stronger defensive results than Coyle. I wouldn't be surprised if Poitras will be recognized as a stronger two-way player than Lindholm in near future.

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
It’s been three games. We’re still breaking in the engine. You all will get your wish with line combos as Monty excels at that. The preseason didn’t do anything to get the team going as they just used it to evaluate kids. This is probably a lot of guys’ preseason. Games 1-10.
100%. Give it until Mid-November before anointing/writing off players on this squad.

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
So Poitras should be our 2C after one game, and we are writing off Coyle after 3.

Got it. :huh:
Yeah you ride the hot hand who is showing a different look and reinsert Coyle into a position he dominates in. Poitras creativity is needed in the top 6 while Coyle and his possession ability will help the 3rd line be more consistent and match up better.

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
Yeah you ride the hot hand who is showing a different look and reinsert Coyle into a position he dominates in. Poitras creativity is needed in the top 6 while Coyle and his possession ability will help the 3rd line be more consistent and match up better.
Coyle had 60 point last year while playing extremely hard minutes. He earned that top 6 spot, they aren't gonna kick him out cause that line hasn't been great through 3 games.

If that line continues not producing it'll be Geekie that gets moved out for someone else anyway.

Reactions: PlayMakers

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Coyle had 60 point last year while playing extremely hard minutes. He earned that top 6 spot, they aren't gonna kick him out cause that line hasn't been great through 3 games.

If that line continues not producing it'll be Geekie that gets moved out for someone else anyway.

I look at it differently. They wouldn’t move Coyle to line three if they didn’t legitimately have 6 guys who could slot into the top 6.

Moving him to line 3, which gives the B’s an advantage most nights shouldn’t be seen as a knock on him….its just putting people in the best place for the team.

Reactions: RiverbottomChuck

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
I look at it differently. They wouldn’t move Coyle to line three if they didn’t legitimately have 6 guys who could slot into the top 6.

Moving him to line 3, which gives the B’s an advantage most nights shouldn’t be seen as a knock on him….its just putting people in the best place for the team.
They don't have 6 guys that could slot in to the top 6, we already have Geekie in there who is ideally a third liner and realistically is probably closer to a 4th liner then a 2nd liner.

And as high as I am on Poitras, I'm not quite sure he's ready to take on consistent top 6 matchups.

The Andrew Peeke Fan

Feb 26, 2020

Bring Lysell up, play Zacha at center, Coyle at 2rw

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC

It's not a demotion it's trying to make 4 cohesive lines that can each bring a different flavor.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad