Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread V

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
And neither is Frederic.

Still think Brazeau would fit well with Marchand and Coyle.
Frederic is a very good passer. He's got speed too. He may not have that first step quickness that Marchand has, but he has a great stride and good straight line speed. Remember last year when he caught MacKinnon on back checks? Twice.

Reactions: Dr Hook

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
Frederic is a very good passer. He's got speed too. He may not have that first step quickness that Marchand has, but he has a great stride and good straight line speed. Remember last year when he caught MacKinnon on back checks? Twice.
Freddy is not going to be cheap on his next deal. Extremely underrated player in these parts.

He is my choice to have a big season,At least I hope.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Freddy is not going to be cheap on his next deal. Extremely underrated player in these parts.

He’s dreaming if he thinks he’s getting top money. Too invisible at times for his build.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

I don't consider Frederic to be a very good passer. 47 goals, 47 assists in 280 NHL games. Not a playmaker. But he has improved his passing.

Lots of players have that straight line speed. But its hockey, not speed skating. Freddy doesn't seem to put it to good use very often.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017

I wouldn’t classify Frederic as someone with speed. He’s certainly improved his skating, but I don’t think he’s top 1/2 the league.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA

He's always been underrated. I always felt like people wanted him to be more of an energy guy/fighter and ignored his more skillful qualities. He's always been a good skater, always been an underrated passer.

I think the Bruins wanted him to develop into a Coyle type and I think he's done that.

Reactions: 4ORRBRUIN

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
He's always been underrated. I always felt like people wanted him to be more of an energy guy/fighter and ignored his more skillful qualities. He's always been a good skater, always been an underrated passer.

I think the Bruins wanted him to develop into a Coyle type and I think he's done that.
On a good hockey team, he's a solid, middle 6 depth guy who can play wing and center. Good player to have on your roster. Not somebody you break the bank to try to retain. If he continues to improve this season, I'll re-evaluate my opinion.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
On a good hockey team, he's a solid, middle 6 depth guy who can play wing and center. Good player to have on your roster. Not somebody you break the bank to try to retain. If he continues to improve this season, I'll re-evaluate my opinion.
still think he would be even a better center than winger, but that ship has sailed I'm guessing.

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
He 's improved greatly over the last two seasons, his biggest mistake was kicking Tanev's ass in his first call up.

He's not a great fighter but a very willing player to do so if needed. He scores goals, has nice hands and can play wing or center with size.

Bruins will not be able to afford or keep him if he duplicates last season or better.

Reactions: RoccoF14

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
He 's improved greatly over the last two seasons, his biggest mistake was kicking Tanev's ass in his first call up.

He's not a great fighter but a very willing player to do so if needed. He scores goals, has nice hands and can play wing or center with size.

Bruins will not be able to afford or keep him if he duplicates last season or better.
All going to depend on how he produces this season. He's gonna be a UFA, and I think Geekie is as well. Freddy's heavier and more inclined to throw mitts, but other than that, there's not much separating the two, in my opinion. Both are solid middle 6 guys. I think Geekie currently has a slightly lower cap hit.

Last edited:

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
All going to depend on how he produces this season. He's gonna be a UFA, and I think Geekie is as well. Freddy's heavier and more inclined to throw mitts, but other than that, there's not much separating the two, in my opinion. Both are solid middle 6 guys. I think Geekie currently has a slightly lower cap hit.
Freddy has more upside, I think is a better player all-round plus he's home grown.

Be a nice problem to have if both continue the upswing

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA

Less consistent than Debrusk ever was. His biggest fault aside from uncertain identity.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
I agree on all counts.

Underrated speed - and I find myself guilty of doing the underrating.

One of the concerns I have going into this year is overall team speed. But I find I frequently put Freddy in the “slow” category for his size alone, while fully understanding how unfair that is.

There is so much to like about his game. I hope he’s here for a while.

Reactions: PlayMakers

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
Geekie is pretty interesting. Young still. Good scorer in the CHL and minors....never really trusted in a big role until last season and did well. I do question his overall skill.. Not sure how much more he could produce but getting 40 points in a season is pretty decent these days for a 3rd line guy. I don't think you are winning a cup with him in your top 6 however.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
I agree on all counts.

Underrated speed - and I find myself guilty of doing the underrating.

One of the concerns I have going into this year is overall team speed. But I find I frequently put Freddy in the “slow” category for his size alone, while fully understanding how unfair that is.

There is so much to like about his game. I hope he’s here for a while.
A lot of the big guys they brought in can skate. Jones can fly, Kastelic can skate, Zadorov can skate… I don’t see any Pat Maroon’s on this roster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad