Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread V

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
I hope most disagree with you.

Because if you’re expecting anything near the impact of what Savard and Chara did for this franchise, you’re going to be sorely disappointed. You’ll hate them fast and for a long time.
I feel the group now was good, but these could be the vets they need to get over the hump. They don't have to be the same leaders and aren't as good obviously, but this team is WAY better than the Bruins were when Chara and Savard were signed. I think both will be nice additions that can help with consistent play-off winning. I thought Zadorov looked pretty good getting a ton of dzone starts and Lindholm has ten goals the past two playoffs, more than any Bruin.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Zadorov and Lindholm kinda give me the same vibes and Chara and Savard as far as starting a new and glorious chapter. I think they both raise the cup here at some point the next 3-4 years
Have to agree with that, Zadorov and Lindholm are natural at the game the B's have always played. To me one of the biggest strengths for the B's this year is going to be the maturation and coming out parties for the third line of Frederic-Geekie-Brazeau. IMO that line is going kick ass. I too think the B's win a cup or two in the next 3-4 years.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Have to agree with that, Zadorov and Lindholm are natural at the game the B's have always played. To me one of the biggest strengths for the B's this year is going to be the maturation and coming out parties for the third line of Frederic-Geekie-Brazeau. IMO that line is going kick ass. I too think the B's win a cup or two in the next 3-4 years.
Three or four years, this team is not in a rebuild mode and certainly are an expansion team, talk about kicking the can down the road.......

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

Juat speaking for myself, but three or four years is not exactly an eternity in sports.

It’s a reasonable period of time as a window for any good team with championship aspirations/potential.

I don’t think anyone sees them as the 77-80 Isles or the Oilers of the late 80’s/early 90’s

They’re a good team who should have a legit shot or two over the next half decade.

Reactions: HustleB

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
No question Zadorov and E. Lindholm push this team a little further. Now let's finish these cats reign .
The cats will regress imo. Losing Montour is a massive loss. They lost the turtle too. That makes them less violet and they won’t have the same production from the point. Leafs and bruins are going to pound them to the ground this season imo.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Has to be leafs fan came up with that. I don't want Marner in any deal, Nylander I would take, but not for McAvoy.

Kubalik could be an ok add if they can sign him.
Marner is a beauty. I’d love him at 8 million.

I wouldn’t trade mcavoy though. Mcavoy is an absolute stud. I hope big Zed and mcavoy can be the top pair. Imagine these two crushing superstars all season? Zadarov skates as well as anyone. I think think defence is going to be terrifying for opposing teams. Carlo lindholm second line would give the opposing teams zero space. Then we have the offensive wizard Lohrei on the third pair. I’m very excited for this team.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
It's a balance though.The season is long and you need skill to get to the playoffs.I agree that in the playoffs that having what you said really helps a team go deep ,but again you are not getting there to find out if balance is not right .This Bruins team should be good but the scoring on wing is a question mark.
I get that there is a question mark but I see so many options for that 2RW slot that it would amaze me if no one could fill it.

The bottom six is so overloaded , I mean

Kastelic
Jones
Beecher
Brazeau
Tfred
Geekie
Poitras
Merkulov

With Duran and Kuntar trying to kick down the door

Then you have Lysell who is the 1st pick to take that 2RW and run with it.

Can't see how with that many options no one could do a decent job of filling that roll.

Will it be ideal? Maybe, maybe not, but it should at the very least be acceptable.

Zacha-Lindholm-Pasta
Marchy-Coyle-Lysell/TFred/Geekie
TFred/Brazeau,Jones-Poitras/Merkulov-Geekie/Jones
Kastelic/Brazeau -Beecher- Jones/Brazeau

On a side note

Really hoping they are going with/or can go with

Bussi/Swayman

Send the Korps to Prov. put him on waivers hope some one snaps him up (I know, not a chance, but one can dream (can't he/she)?

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I hope most disagree with you.

Because if you’re expecting anything near the impact of what Savard and Chara did for this franchise, you’re going to be sorely disappointed. You’ll hate them fast and for a long time.
True, it will be different, but the impact will be significant none the less. Not at the same level but significant enough, in a different way , but it will be valuable.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
I get that there is a question mark but I see so many options for that 2RW slot that it would amaze me if no one could fill it.

The bottom six is so overloaded , I mean

Kastelic
Jones
Beecher
Brazeau
Tfred
Geekie
Poitras
Merkulov

With Duran and Kuntar trying to kick down the door

Then you have Lysell who is the 1st pick to take that 2RW and run with it.

Can't see how with that many options no one could do a decent job of filling that roll.
Don’t forget Tyler Johnson.

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I’m usually not big on preseason but as long as the games are on Sportsnet my season will start on September 22 . I’m that desperate for hockey. Football 🏈 back on definitely helps .

Reactions: bbfan419

Carl Hungus

Apr 20, 2022
I’m usually not big on preseason but as long as the games are on Sportsnet my season will start on September 22 . I’m that desperate for hockey. Football 🏈 back on definitely helps .

I feel the same way.

Will be weird though when the first game comes on and it's not Jack on the mic

Reactions: 22Brad Park

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
This is written by AI. You can tell by the grammar transitions.
And I highly doubt any of these guys will be offered pto.

I think the bottom six is full. I think the only roster spot available is 2nd line rw.

There is 2 goalies in providence that could maybe sniff some nhl. I doubt jones is getting a pto.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad