Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread V

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
I got the Bruins winning the Cup but it will be a bit bittersweet without playing Montreal

Toronto round 1 is a given although with the Bruins added toughness and Mason Lohrei developing into a star I will give Leafs a game

Round 2 they wipe out Florida in 4

I didn’t realize their defense is rated 24th overall

the Cup clinching game better be at home or I’ll be pissed

Maybe if they can spot a loss Monty will let his kid do the lineups again and get the Cup-clincher at TD Garden
1724108109011.png

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
There is a variation in the journalism biz.

"Never let the facts get in the way of a good story."

Some steer clear. Some don't..
I don’t get it? Steer clear of what?

what am I steering clear of?

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
Any word on JVR? Doubt he wants much money, but maybe the bruins want to push brazeau.
I would hope they just move on, just another 3rd/4th line guy which they already have plenty of.
I think Brazeau is the replacement but I'm surprised he hasn't found a home yet. I think JVR is the best veteran forward still available.

He finished the year with 11 goals but his expected goals (XGoals) was almost 23. You're looking at almost a 50 point player with those numbers.

I feel like he always had really good chances but it would be like one a game and then you'd never see him again.

All things considered, he still seems serviceable but not the right direction for the B's

Reactions: NDiesel

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
I think Brazeau is the replacement but I'm surprised he hasn't found a home yet. I think JVR is the best veteran forward still available.

He finished the year with 11 goals but his expected goals (XGoals) was almost 23. You're looking at almost a 50 point player with those numbers.

I feel like he always had really good chances but it would be like one a game and then you'd never see him again.

All things considered, he still seems serviceable but not the right direction for the B's
The groundhog last winter successfully predicted six more points last season from JVR.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Kailer Yamamoto Will probably stand out. Lysell better come correct or her might be starting in providence. The tiny Kailer Yamamoto might make the team. Cant see wheeler making it.

Reactions: The don godfather

Shroud of Orrin

Come on, Bob
Apr 29, 2020
Haligonia
I can understand Wheeler’s motivation to get to 1,000 (943 career points), but he’s 38 on August 31 and has clearly fell off. Having said that, the attraction is his size and the fact he peaked late in his career. He probably still has more bite than JVR but he likely won’t be able to stay healthy and that’s the bottom line. He’s broken. Yamamoto I understand - he’s only 25 with 303 games played. There may be untapped potential there but I somehow doubt that.

I think we can easily afford to hand the keys to Lysell and let him grow. It’s only right he gets the opportunity. He did what the team asked him to do in Providence for two years. He’s 22 in January - it’s time.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO

Yeah don't get me wrong, he's serviceable but a bit one dimensional and slow for my liking

I can understand Wheeler’s motivation to get to 1,000 (943 career points), but he’s 38 on August 31 and has clearly fell off. Having said that, the attraction is his size and the fact he peaked late in his career. He probably still has more bite than JVR but he likely won’t be able to stay healthy and that’s the bottom line. He’s broken. Yamamoto I understand - he’s only 25 with 303 games played. There may be untapped potential there but I somehow doubt that.

I think we can easily afford to hand the keys to Lysell and let him grow. It’s only right he gets the opportunity. He did what the team asked him to do in Providence for two years. He’s 22 in January - it’s time.
Totally agree - but it is never bad to make the kid compete for his spot. If neither of those guys looked better than Lysell then no harm done

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad