Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread V

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Wheeler is kind of odd to me. He's about to turn 38yrs old, he's not great defensively and he had the worst offensive season of his entire career last season. Even Yamamoto seems odd. In an off-season where you've targeted size, size and more size....you are thinking about bringing in 5'8/150lb winger who a fringe 30pt guy?
Very true but there’s room for one smaller guy as long as he doesn’t play small and will go to the dirty areas . Is Yamamoto that guy ? I don’t have a f***ing clue . I don’t know anything about him .

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I'd rather try Wheeler and Yamamoto than bringing back JVR. We are lacking speed and JVR seems redundant.

Seeing Wheels come back here would be full circle. I was sad to see him go all those years ago, and he was too. He's still got stuff left in the tank. Can't hurt.

Same with Yamamoto.

It's on Lysell to step up in camp. Create competition.

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
I like the idea of a couple PTO's period. The talent pool for prospects in not deep, especially top 6 forwards. If Wheeler beats out Lysell it's may be time to move on from Lysell, either way the 12 best forwards should make opening night, not the 12 that don't have to clear waivers or the prospects that need to make the team. Best lineup with size, grit, two way play and scoring on the ice. The Merkulovs and Lysells can't get it done I would rather have established players who may be able to.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I like the idea of a couple PTO's period. The talent pool for prospects in not deep, especially top 6 forwards. If Wheeler beats out Lysell it's may be time to move on from Lysell, either way the 12 best forwards should make opening night, not the 12 that don't have to clear waivers or the prospects that need to make the team. Best lineup with size, grit, two way play and scoring on the ice. The Merkulovs and Lysells can't get it done I would rather have established players who may be able to.
Exactly. I don't get the pushback regardless of the players. PTOs cost you nothing and create competition at worst, and at best you get a guy who gives you something for cheap, like Heinen last year, if the kids don't look good.

Very true but there’s room for one smaller guy as long as he doesn’t play small and will go to the dirty areas . Is Yamamoto that guy ? I don’t have a f***ing clue . I don’t know anything about him .
I don't watch as much of other teams as I used to, but from what I saw of him in Edmonton he wasn't afraid to go to the dirty areas and throw some hits. He does like absolutely tiny though, surprised me a few times with some decent hits though.

Reactions: HustleB

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Don't hate it either. Guy had 55 points in 72 games in the 2022-23 season.
But Wheeler also had a severe injury last year. If they think he has a chance to return to 40 points then that would be an awesome addition. If not and they prefer to go with Yamomoto or Zadina then great. I would only be disappointed if we didn't bring in PTOs. Make the kids compete for it. I will 100% be rooting for the in house candidates but competition will only make them stronger. If a kid loses the competition and then regresses because he wasn't handed the spot then he was always going to unravel anyhow.

Reactions: GordonHowe

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
I'd rather try Wheeler and Yamamoto than bringing back JVR. We are lacking speed and JVR seems redundant.

Seeing Wheels come back here would be full circle. I was sad to see him go all those years ago, and he was too. He's still got stuff left in the tank. Can't hurt.

Same with Yamamoto.

It's on Lysell to step up in camp. Create competition.
I agree. If JVR makes it into this lineup then to me he has to replace Brazeau. Having both in the lineup really hampers the coaches ability to spread out the d zone draws.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
But Wheeler also had a severe injury last year. If they think he has a chance to return to 40 points then that would be an awesome addition. If not and they prefer to go with Yamomoto or Zadina then great. I would only be disappointed if we didn't bring in PTOs. Make the kids compete for it. I will 100% be rooting for the in house candidates but competition will only make them stronger. If a kid loses the competition and then regresses because he wasn't handed the spot then he was always going to unravel anyhow.
Theres a ton of competition already though.

Reactions: shelbysdad

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Frederic has gotta be on that 3rd line LW next year no? They are pretty thin there after losing Debrusk, Heinen and JVR and hasn't Merk not played RW?
Maybe. In everyone’s lineups he is (including mine). But maybe he makes a push there and Merk beats out Lysell. So you have Merk 3LW or something. There’s lots of competition outside the top 5 F slots.

Reactions: wintersej

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Maybe. In everyone’s lineups he is (including mine). But maybe he makes a push there and Merk beats out Lysell. So you have Merk 3LW or something. There’s lots of competition outside the top 5 F slots.
True enough, wasn't thinking Merk could be that LW and Freddy slots over. Either way I think a PTO in case Merk/Lysell don't grab a spot is a good call

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
True enough, wasn't thinking Merk could be that LW and Freddy slots over. Either way I think a PTO in case Merk/Lysell don't grab a spot is a good call
I disagree strongly. Showing some space and letting someone go grab it without having to divide reps/line rushes/preseason game time with a cooked 38 year old or a player that goes against the prototype of every single player they acquired or drafted this year - in both Providence and Boston - is a much better call IMO.

Reactions: Shroud of Orrin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad