Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread IV

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
It’s funny because by the end of Peeke’s deal we will be looking at it going “oh this guy basically makes minimum”

Ppl need to prepare to shift their salary expectations with the cap boom coming

Problem with peeke is that it is a bad contract and there were rumors of CBJ buying him out this offseason if he didn’t get moved. Those rumors were basically confirmed when they bought out boqvist.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I just realized, if Gryz and Debrusk are gone, who are going to be the new designated HF Bruins board whipping boys?

Obviously Korpisalo, but other than that? I like Peeke but figure people have it out for him on his contract and what he cost. It's also feasible that Elias Lindholm doesn't produce to what people expect and we get a lot of "not a real #1C" narrative, though I hope we're patient.

Peake or Zadorov….especially if he has a game where he’s a -1 in 4-1 loss and gets in a fight.

MillerTime29Bombs

Feb 12, 2023
Woburn
IMG_9854.png
Reads that now bruins are on the clock

Reactions: Gee Wally

Johnny4778

Jan 26, 2006
Nope. He still had rights. But he elected not to again this year.

Now, I dont know if the team can still file or not or if this was their deadline too.
They can and may as it opens another buyout window for them. Even if they don’t end up going, or at least this is my understanding

MillerTime29Bombs

Feb 12, 2023
Woburn
Yep. Only thing that I dont like, although remote, it means by not filing Sway can receive offer sheets.
I agree. I hope he does not have a head nod from someone. I said Utah last week could look to make a splash but does a new owner take that kind of shot after just buying a team? They have the cap and the picks to back up the Brinks for him.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I do not like the path this is taking, even if some kind of agreement is made I, do believe it is not going to be harmonious relationship.
I, do not much and certainly do not have any relationship with anyone with knowledge, but I will say without fear of being wrong that I would bet Donnie, phone is ringing off the hook.

People said the same thing last arbitration and he had a career year.
I am not saying he will not be effective but is just a bad feel for all involved.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I, do not much and certainly do not have any relationship with anyone with knowledge, but I will say without fear of being wrong that I would bet Donnie, phone is ringing off the hook.

I am not saying he will not be effective but is just a bad feel for all involved.
Do you feel this way about all the other major RFAs who haven’t signed?

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I think, and would like @DominicT to chime in, is Sway wouldnt be eligible for a NTC/NMC for this and next season. It has to be the year you could be a UFA.

So, thats somewhat important I would think. From Bruins control perspective as well as agent wanting heavy weighted signing bonus those years.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
View attachment 892684Reads that now bruins are on the clock
So, if I read this correctly, Swayman by not choosing arbitration now allows Boston to choose arbitration by 5pm July 6th. But ... Swayman can now choose how long the arbitration contract is - such as 1 year after which he becomes an UFA? Or is he still Boston controlled? Bruins management better lock him up long term.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
They can and may as it opens another buyout window for them. Even if they don’t end up going, or at least this is my understanding
Nevermind.. I was wrong. I think even a club elected buyout can open a window. The "2 club elected thing" only applies to situations where they didn't make a qualified offer.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gee Wally

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
So, if I read this correctly, Swayman by not choosing arbitration now allows Boston to choose arbitration by 5pm July 6th. But ... Swayman can now choose how long the arbitration contract is - such as 1 year after which he becomes an UFA? Or is he still Boston controlled? Bruins management better lock him up long term.

I believe ha can choose one year or two.
Im not positive of when he’s UFA eligible thats why I tagged dom.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad