Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread III

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Their numbers for next year are based on a 92M cap ceiling. They factor cap % into their projections.

But, yeah - who knows? We shall see.

Yeah what I think is that by % the middle class has been squeezed during this time period and we are going to see inflation there. Especially for guys with unique aspects to their game like Frederic having size, positional flexibility, and the ability to put up top six 5 on 5 stats from the bottom six.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
So he’s worth 6 million? Averages 3 goals a year and less than 15 points a season. He is a great penalty killer and very good defensively but he is not a great outlet passer. He skates the puck up the ice well but once he hits the red line he dumps it in. Don’t get me wrong I like him but he’s our only option to trade on the D. Lindholm have a no movement the next 3 years. Like I said I would want a big return for him.
Sweeney don't get big returns .Trade Carlo it just creates a big hole.I also think Carlo is valued in that room and they look at him as way more important then alot of fans .

goalieman40

Feb 27, 2006
New Hampshire
The idea of signing Lindholm AND Stephenson is really intriguing. That would allow guys to slot in the lineup better and be more successful. Coyle to 3C, Zacha wing, bottom 6 guys in bottom 6.

Those two, if estimates are accurate, would be about 12/13 mil. Enough room for Swayman, and if he comes in lower than expected room for low cost D, which one of the buyouts might be a great option - Schmidt.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
The idea of signing Lindholm AND Stephenson is really intriguing. That would allow guys to slot in the lineup better and be more successful. Coyle to 3C, Zacha wing, bottom 6 guys in bottom 6.

Those two, if estimates are accurate, would be about 12/13 mil. Enough room for Swayman, and if he comes in lower than expected room for low cost D, which one of the buyouts might be a great option - Schmidt.
Do you start Poitras in the AHL then?

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

Problem is you are locking 2 guys up into their mid 30s at the same position. It works well perhaps for a couple years, give Poitras a chance to develop in a less stressful role, but then what. No doubt they would both get NMC for at least 3 years, maybe 4, and then NTC the remainder

Last edited:

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Problem is you are looking 2 guys up into their mid 30s at the same position. It works well perhaps for a couple years, give Poitras a chance to develop in a less stressful role, but then what. No doubt they would both get NMC for at least 3 years, maybe 4, and then NTC the remainder

My concern as well; you can sign one guy over 30 to a long-term contract tomorrow. Just one. Any more is a real risk of having a couple Backes in the middle for half a decade.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Breaking this down a bit...

Ultra high-priced Forwards (~9.5M-12M AAV)
Sam Reinhart
Jake Guentzel

High-priced Forwards (~5M-7M AAV)
Elias Lindholm
Steven Stamkos
Patrick Kane
Jonathan Marchessault
Tyler Toffoli
Jake DeBrusk
Chandler Stephenson
Sean Monahan
Tyler Bertuzzi
Teuvo Teräväinen
Jonathan Drouin
Anthony Mantha
Victor Arvidsson

Mid-priced Forwards (~2M-4.5M AAV)
Anthony Duclair
Vladimir Tarasenko
Daniel Sprong
Warren Foegele
Alex Wennberg
Jason Zucker
Max Domi
Stefan Noesen
Jeff Skinner
Jack Roslovic
Danton Heinen
David Perron
Yakov Trenin
Cam Atkinson

Bargain Forwards (~800k-1.9M AAV)
Brandon Duhaime
Tomas Tatar
Jesper Boqvist
James van Riemsdyk
Tanner Pearson
Pat Maroon
Alexander Barabanov
Anthony Beauvillier
Jakub Vrána
Matt Martin
Marc McLaughlin
Tomas Nosek

High-priced Defensemen (~5.2M-8M AAV)
Brandon Montour
Brady Skjei
Matt Roy
Nikita Zadorov
Shayne Gostisbehere

Mid-priced Defenseman (~2.5M-4.8M AAV)
Sean Walker
Alexandre Carrier
Matt Grzelcyk
Brenden Dillon
Justin Schultz

Bargain Defensemen (~1.1M-1.8M AAV)
Joel Edmundson
Calvin de Haan
Ryan Suter
Tyson Barrie
Jani Hakanpää
Kevin Shattenkirk
Alec Martinez
Marco Scandella
Troy Stecher
Will Joel Edmundson be in that bottom tier?

If so, that $ seems wisely spent

pucksindeep92

Jun 19, 2023

I’ve liked this idea for a while as you could also try to maximize return of Coyle this season/next summer with Poitras and Beecher, especially since geekie can also play center. Coyle plays a hard game as a puck possession monster, but is a few years older than Lindholm and Stephenson and doesn’t drive offense in the same way. Not saying Charlie is going to drop off this year or next age wise for that matter, but I like being proactive while a player has return value, and we need to start thinking about future chemistry and identity. If you’re going to pay over 5mil for your 3C, you should always be weighing options even if you like the guy.

Could also consider Monahan instead of Stephenson as he might be a little cheaper.

Patdud

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
Matchups, role, etc. +/- isn't a very good measure of these two players. That is not to say that McAvoy doesn't have a next level to reach in the playoffs but... c'mon.

I don't think improving the defense means choosing between those two, that's not really a problem that needs to be solved.
Carlo being the go to PKer where you dont get a minus for giving up a goal and McAvoy being the defacto 5v5 guy where you do.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Wow you like to go 100% literal don't you? In the future I'll up my emoji use to avoid any misunderstanding. Until then let me clarify for you:

1) No shit that Sway and his agent don't want to "screw us". Point is Swayman now has most/all of leverage with Boston. Arbitration last year probably (don't know) removed any desire to do a so called "team friendly" deal.

2) No shit those three centers would make anyone comfortable with YOU in goal. It was hyperbole. I don't think Korpisalo is worth $3M for one year, let alone four - and that $3M annual hit will likely come back to bite us at some point. Perhaps as early as this off season.

Better?

Much.

Sorry, I just prefer when someone says what they actually mean.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Matchups, role, etc. +/- isn't a very good measure of these two players. That is not to say that McAvoy doesn't have a next level to reach in the playoffs but... c'mon.

I don't think improving the defense means choosing between those two, that's not really a problem that needs to be solved.

Agreed, but....

Taken out of the context of the previous posts makes the point quite a bit different.

There’s also zero pressure on Carlo to contribute offensively.

True.

Probably why McAvoy gets twice as much in salary.

Reactions: Ace0813
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad