Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread III

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
But if he can put a few of them through the glass that would help
He would definitely bring a sorely missed element. He could also drag the rest of the D into a fight. Make them be a little rougher after watching him

I'm willing to toss a sack of money at him. Balls to the wall at this point. :thumbu:
I’ve created a snowballing pun ha

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
Frederic wouldn't net a fourth round pick.

For some reason, he is overrated in this space.

He made strides last year, but I really don't think he's all that great. Tweener until he proves otherwise. And I don't see that.

Wow this is almost ignore button worthy. almost

Also where is this weird fake rumor that Burt left on bad terms? We were 4.5M cap dollars shy of being able to pay him. Of course he left. We replaced HIM with 1M guys. Not the other way around,

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
This team handed DeBrusk and Bjork top 6 roles as rookies and said "show us what you got" when they thought they were ready. I don't know why people don't have them doing that with Poitras/Lysell on their bingo card of possibilities.
Potsy yes. Lysell though is getting better after the coach called him out, he drifts away from playing within the system. That doesn’t fly in the NHL. Definitely has talent though, just not sure the rest of his game is at a maturity point of the NHL

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Do you mean added to the lock 1st rounder and player? Did you miss what that stiff Jeannot got?

I think you are a great fan, and differing opinions are what makes the world go round but you lose a lot of credibility when you post something like that because you don't like the player.
He’s a nice guy and I enjoy the manifestos but it’s hate hate hate hate

It’s not healthy

Reactions: lopey

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
Per Mick Colageo, Heinen is negotiating to remain with the Bruins. Apparently, other signings from last season (JVR, etc.) may not be asked back.
He played his way back into the NHL last year no doubt. We have enough happy go lucky players. They need more players with drive. Rather have Duclair over him.

Reactions: Gordoff

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Potsy yes. Lysell though is getting better after the coach called him out, he drifts away from playing within the system. That doesn’t fly in the NHL. Definitely has talent though, just not sure the rest of his game is at a maturity point of the NHL
He can do it. Him and Merk should be on the team. They shouldn’t blow all the cap money they have. Last year, they were watching their Pennie’s to the day. They should keep some wiggle room for plan B just in case they need to make a in season move.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Wow this is almost ignore button worthy. almost

Also where is this weird fake rumor that Burt left on bad terms? We were 4.5M cap dollars shy of being able to pay him. Of course he left. We replaced HIM with 1M guys. Not the other way around,

Ignore away.

My understanding, which may be incorrect, is that Bertuzzi and his representatives did not want the Boston deal. He went elsewhere, and in the meantime, the Bruins moved on. When Bert circled back, a deal was no longer on the table.

Hence, evidently, he signed with TO.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
He played his way back into the NHL last year no doubt. We have enough happy go lucky players. They need more players with drive. Rather have Duclair over him.
Heinen is a valuable, versatile player.

I would resign him for one m., but certainly not two or three. Nor would I want him for more than three years.

He will likely shop his wares elsewhere for more dough, which is fine.

Good luck to him regardless.

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
Why I feel like Lindholm and Zadorov are such good fits for this team is because it leans into our ever diminishing identity as a tough to play against team thats defensively strong

Sorry half these guys mention just aren't Bruins type of players in the slightest. Sprong doesn't play a lick of defense, Toffoli is pretty damn slow, Patty Kane..? Come on I feel like its trying to fit a round peg in a square hole

At least we could say look your best players are going to get matched up against a Selke caliber forward like Lindholm over 7 games and you probably have to score 3 goals to win against a defense and goaltending that consists of

Lindholm McAvoy
Zadorov Carlo
Lohrei Peeke

Swayman

Good luck. That's going to be an absolute grind against any team in the league. Thats Bruins hockey IMO

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I’d rather give Lysell a shot and if it doesn’t work, then go out at the deadline and acquire someone. As opposed to paying sprong who is probably a bottom 1/3 defensive forward in the league

They handed Bjork and DeBrusk top six spots as rookies. One ran with it. One didn’t. Them doing it again rather than over play for mid tier free agents wouldn’t shock me.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Ignore away.

My understanding, which may be incorrect, is that Bertuzzi and his representatives did not want the Boston deal. He went elsewhere, and in the meantime, the Bruins moved on. When Bert circled back, a deal was no longer on the table.

Hence, evidently, he signed with TO.
If they had signed Bert for 4.5 million or whatever it was they were offering how would they have filled the rest of the roster?

Reactions: lopey

Fingertools

May 29, 2019
In the unlikely and hopefully unneeded event Swayman goes to arbitration, what is the likely number he comes out with?

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Maroon prevented Lauko from getting much chance in the playoffs.

I understand playing Maroon the first few games in a series to set the tone but after that I prefer the guy who plays with bite, draws penalties, and actually arrives on the forecheck.
I agree with you, but this went on before Maroon, got here, Sweeney should be blamed and is by many, Monty, was the coach who kept him out of the lineup. Good luck to the kid, maybe next year in the playoffs he will be praised for his high energy play and fore check is really making a difference for his team,.............good luck kid you deserve a break.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
The more I think about the Korpisalo acquisition, the more frustrated I get.

That 2m could be the difference between getting a legit 25 goal guy for line 2 or not.

He’s entirely unnecessary because if Swayman were injured he’s not notably better (if better at all) than most 1m backups.
I’m in same boat.

I’ve been an advocate of being patient if we have to. Can’t fix everything all at once with what’s available both in terms of UFA, picks and the Cap.

This season was a huge opportunity to make strides. Linus $5M goes out and he had value. Lot’s of money in coffers. Several young rookies looking like they are getting ready (Poitras, Lohrei, Beecher, Brazzeau, etc).

Love getting a late first pick and have fingers crossed. But the 4 your $3M yoke that Korpisalo represents is already limiting our options. Already.

People get frustrated about Reilly buy out money and other contracts…… well FOUR years of $3M is gonna hurt.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
He is not half the player bergeron was ....huge mistake if Sweeney signs him but unfortunately for your left nut Sweeney will not pay 7 plus mil for a 30 yr old thats a 40 pt guy
You spot on " HUGE mistake" . Sweeney is going to piss cap space on a center that is not going to pay the dividends that are needed and wanted. Remember also Sweeney never prepared for the inevitable Bergeron and Krecji retiring, he should also now begin preparing for Marchands lost .

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
I don’t know how we make even one offer until Sway is signed. I’m praying Sway and his agent don’t want to screw us.

Maybe they have an agreement in place (but why not just announce if they did?). If not, tread very very carefully Donny.

Swayman to arbitration again is a bad idea. Horrible actually.

We could have Wayne Gretzky as our number one center, followed by Patrice Bergeron at 2C, and Sid Crosby at 3C (see what I did there?????) and I’d still get queasy if Korpisalo was our keeper.

People with most leverage in Boston right now? Jeremy Swayman and Goalie Bob Essesna.

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
I think with the needs of the team and to leave some flexibility Dillon makes a ton of sense. Won’t cost as much as Zadorov, brings the toughness to the d corps. Allows you to potentially upgrade another forward position unless Lysell and Merk are the plan.
Sign both trade Carlo :)

And before anyone laughs and says we need Carlo he this or that I ask, what have we accomplished with him being this or that since he's been on the team. Zilch.

Let him be a nice guy in Utah?

I’m in same boat.

I’ve been an advocate of being patient if we have to. Can’t fix everything all at once with what’s available both in terms of UFA, picks and the Cap.

This season was a huge opportunity to make strides. Linus $5M goes out and he had value. Lot’s of money in coffers. Several young rookies looking like they are getting ready (Poitras, Lohrei, Beecher, Brazzeau, etc).

Love getting a late first pick and have fingers crossed. But the 4 your $3M yoke that Korpisalo represents is already limiting our options. Already.

People get frustrated about Reilly buy out money and other contracts…… well FOUR years of $3M is gonna hurt.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr
Wait until he's the starting goalie during Sways holdout , hehehehe

I think we are overreacting on his contract. He will be movable if need be, every player is at some point

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I don’t know how we make even one offer until Sway is signed. I’m praying Sway and his agent don’t want to screw us.

Maybe they have an agreement in place (but why not just announce if they did?). If not, tread very very carefully Donny.

Swayman to arbitration again is a bad idea. Horrible actually.

We could have Wayne Gretzky as our number one center, followed by Patrice Bergeron at 2C, and Sid Crosby at 3C (see what I did there?????) and I’d still get queasy if Korpisalo was our keeper.

People with most leverage in Boston right now? Jeremy Swayman and Goalie Bob Essesna.

Why in the world would they want to do that?

I'd feel pretty comfortable with those 3 centers and Darren Pang in goal.

Reactions: Dr Hook
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad