Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patdud

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
This daddy stuff is so beyond old and overblown on here.

His "attitude" has never been an issue for this team. His teammates love him. The staff loves him.

He steps up in the playoffs. That's all that matters to me.

And he learned how to be a great 200 ft player, despite him not getting PP 1 time all year.
legitimately curious as to his career splits between games against Toronto and games against other teams.

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
Vegas probably can’t bring back their FAs but they don’t have to trade anyone away. Stone on LTIR and they have plenty of room
They have to ice a full roster. They have to decisions on players. Either let UFAs walk or trade from a position of strength. Their strength is center and LHD. You also don’t typically take back a lot of salary when you are in this position.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
They have to ice a full roster. They have to decisions on players. Either let UFAs walk or trade from a position of strength. Their strength is center and LHD. You also don’t typically take back a lot of salary when you are in this position.

I was more replying to you saying Vegas has to move out players. They don’t. They can put stone on LTIR until the playoffs and have roughly $12m in space to sign 4 guys.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
I like proven playoff performers who will come cheaper than 6.5 and allow team to add additional weapons. Don't think debrusk comes less than 7.5.
Domi is a “proven playoff performer”?

He’ll be 29 at the start of next season, in 50 career playoff games he has scored 7G 19A 26P. He’s a half point per game player in the playoffs. He’s scored 417P in 661 regular season games played. So he in fact scores less in the postseason.

Here’s my issue, I’m tired of seeing 3-4m contracts doled out to bottom of the roster players. 4m for Domi, 3m for Korpisalo, 3m* for Heinen maybe… before you know it you have 12-15m tied up in mediocre players. I’d prefer Sweeney goes a different route. Pay some higher end players bigger cap hits and fill out the bottom of the roster with Lauko’s Brazeau’s Lysell’s Poitras’ etc.

I’ll take Guentzel at 9m over Domi & Heinen at a combined 7m. Bussi 775k over Korpisalo at 3m. These overpays add up. The Bruins need some star power, so Pastrnak doesn’t get triple teamed in the postseason.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household

He’ll be 29 at the start of next season, in 50 career playoff games he has scored 7G 19A 26P. He’s a half point per game player in the playoffs. He’s scored 417P in 661 regular season games played. So he in fact scores less in the postseason.

Here’s my issue, I’m tired of seeing 3-4m contracts doled out to bottom of the roster players. 4m for Domi, 3m for Korpisalo, 3m* for Heinen maybe… before you know it you have 12-15m tied up in mediocre players. I’d prefer Sweeney goes a different route. Pay some higher end players bigger cap hits and fill out the bottom of the roster with Lauko’s Brazeau’s Lysell’s Poitras’ etc.

I’ll take Guentzel at 9m over Domi & Heinen at a combined 7m. Bussi 775k over Korpisalo at 3m. These overpays add up. The Bruins need some star power, so Pastrnak doesn’t get triple teamed in the postseason.
Agreed.

Problem now is that they no longer have a choice. They spend 9 on Guentzel, there's still a hole in the top six and our defense has Wotherspoon as an everyday player. And you'll likely only have $4M to fill both spots.

pucksindeep92

Jun 19, 2023

You know the whole saying about a bird in hand is better than two in the bush? For Sweeney it feels like there’s better ones in said bush, he’s got a gun and a case of ammo, yet he’s aiming at the one laying next to him on the ground that’s already free.

Too many 3rd liners. Stop aiming for a handful of pigeons and grab the damn turkeys Don

DaBroons

Aug 2, 2005
You could say the same about Bergeron when it came to 5 on 5 production, too. I think the comparison between them is lazy. Lindholm is probably a better passer and Bergeron was better at a list too long for me to list, but I think both rely on other folks to drive in the offensive zone and in transition with the puck.
E Lindholm is Bergeron light. No, he's not as good as Bergy, but he's the same type of player. Not great at anything, but very good at most: strong on the draw, plays a 200-foot game, scores 20+ goals and 25-35 assists.

He's not a #1 center, but he's better than a #2 center, so a 1.5 center. He's exactly what this team needs to push Zacha and Coyle into better positions in the lineup.

There's a reason this team tried to get him in his draft year.

You'll love him if he comes here.

I think Stephenson is a bigger version of Trocheck and we will be kicking ourselves if we don’t sign him
If we don't get Lindholm, he'd be a great 2nd choice.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
If Skinner is bought out I think he is a perfect 3rd line LW that can move up the line-up if there are injuries.
Plus I think he could come to Bruins cheap with 9 million already in his pocket. Maybe around 1.5 Million. Just would be a question of term.
Where is Skinner's game now?

Can he make a positive impact on a team like the Bruins verse Buffalo?

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
E Lindholm is Bergeron light. No, he's not as good as Bergy, but he's the same type of player. Not great at anything, but very good at most: strong on the draw, plays a 200-foot game, scores 20+ goals and 25-35 assists.

He's not a #1 center, but he's better than a #2 center, so a 1.5 center. He's exactly what this team needs to push Zacha and Coyle into better positions in the lineup.

There's a reason this team tried to get him in his draft year.

You'll love him if he comes here.

If we don't get Lindholm, he'd be a great 2nd choice.
My understanding is that Stephenson can drive a line. Lindholm cannot.

How does Stephenson's overall game compare with Lindholm's well-rounded, bergeron-esque style of play?

Reactions: Oates2Neely

Mr. Make-Believe

My understanding is that Stephenson can drive a line. Lindholm cannot.

How does Stephenson's overall game compare with Lindholm's well-rounded, bergeron-esque style of play?
I contest the assertion that Lindholm is Bergeronesque. (Beside the point) But as a three zone player? Stephenson is very good.

Can he drive a line? I don't know. I think this is hard to say.

Reactions: Gordoff

Patdud

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire

How thick do you prefer your plot?

I mean you can just Google it yourself lmao
from ChatGPT 4o

Jake DeBrusk has had a notable performance in the playoffs, particularly against the Toronto Maple Leafs. He has scored 9 goals and recorded 14 points in 17 playoff games against Toronto. In comparison, across his entire playoff career, DeBrusk has accumulated 25 goals and 41 points in 76 postseason games. This means that a significant portion of his playoff production has come against the Maple Leafs, indicating he has been particularly effective in those matchups (NHL).

Is he amazing in the playoffs? or do the leafs just blow

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I contest the assertion that Lindholm is Bergeronesque. (Beside the point) But as a three zone player? Stephenson is very good.

Can he drive a line? I don't know. I think this is hard to say.
I don't know the player but I hear a lot of good things about him. And I think he would probably bring more jam or attitude however you want to put it, certainly more than the mild mannered Lindholm. I say Bergeron-esque because he apparently does a lot of things well as a two-way center.

Reactions: BMC and Gordoff

Mr. Make-Believe

I don't know the player but I hear a lot of good things about him. And I think he would probably bring more jam or attitude however you want to put it, certainly more than the mild mannered Lindholm. I say Bergeron-esque because he apparently does a lot of things well as a two-way center.
I don't mean you specifically, Gordie.

The comment has more to do with whenever there's a top-six forward who plays a rounded game, they are so frequently referred to as Bergeronesque or Bergeron-lite.

Bergeron wasn't great because he was good defensively. He transcended that. Like calling any defensemen with wheels Orr-lite or any athletic goaltender Hasekesque. Just a small pet peeve of mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad