GDT: #23| New York Islanders @ Washington Capitals | November 28th 5:00 PM | F/L 5-2

The Underboss

Dec 20, 2006
Florida
NY Islanders @ Washington Capitals
Verizon Center

Washington, D.C. 5:00pm EST

wjfa8h.jpg

Islanders Potential Lineup:

Forwards:

2vjpidz.jpg
352ollw.jpg
11sjj1c.jpg

N. Kulemin J. Tavares K. Okposo

2rxjzo8.jpg
x212k7.jpg
140dp2b.jpg

J. Bailey F. Nielsen M. Grabovski

5bzh8l.jpg
54sxvp.jpg
29wr3c.jpg

A. Lee R. Strome B. Nelson

104fct3.jpg
2e3y81g.jpg
ngf5vp.jpg

M. Martin C. Cizikas C. Clutterbuck

Defense:

2j316jp.jpg
ixuvis.jpg

N. Leddy J. Boychuk

2pobmeg.jpg
2s7tkaq.jpg

T. Hickey T. Hamonic

vx4r4.jpg
s30pj4.jpg

L. Visnovsky C. de Haan

Goalie:

1z35n9f.jpg
*Probable Starter
C. Johnson

Washington Capitals Potential Lineup:

Forwards:
8 Alex Ovechkin - 19 Nicklas Backstrom - 43 Tom Wilson
90 Marcus Johansson - 65 Andre Burakovsky - 20 Troy Brouwer
25 Jason Chimera - 16 Eric Fehr - 42 Joel Ward
46 Michael Latta - 92 Evgeny Kuznetsov - 83 Jay Beagle

Defensemen:
44 Brooks Orpik - 74 John Carlson
27 Karl Alzner - 2 Matt Niskanen
88 Nate Schmidt - 38 Jack Hillen

Goalie: *Probable Starter
35 Justin Peters

**Went with previous lineup since that's what available as of now.**

bioman22

Jun 29, 2009
I will be at the game since its close to home. Cant wait... :handclap: Should be an awesome game. Both teams are hungry for more!

What will not be fun is watching Bailey crumble at every potential physical contact. Can't wait to see Grabner return as I hope that means Bailey is the scratch most nights. To those who shout Martin should be the scratch. I hope the last four games have opened your eyes why this team needs him. No team is concerned about Bailey. But teams can't underestimate Martin as he has some skill and packs a punch that translates well in hockey. Teams have to consider his presence and the risk of gooning us. Bailey really adds nothing to the second line that Grabner doesn't do as well or better and teams must consider his speed.

Veteran journeyman

May 12, 2007
I will be at the game since its close to home. Cant wait... :handclap: Should be an awesome game. Both teams are hungry for more!

What will not be fun is watching Bailey crumble at every potential physical contact. Can't wait to see Grabner return as I hope that means Bailey is the scratch most nights. To those who shout Martin should be the scratch. I hope the last four games have opened your eyes why this team needs him. No team is concerned about Bailey. But teams can't underestimate Martin as he has some skill and packs a punch that translates well in hockey. Teams have to consider his presence and the risk of gooning us. Bailey really adds nothing to the second line that Grabner doesn't do as well or better and teams must consider his speed.

Your point about Grabner taking Bailey's spot will probably be controversial, but I agree with it. Grabner adds an interesting element opposing teams have to at least be aware of. Bailey has played well for Bailey, and even just well in general, but I think they have his skill set covered with a few players on the roster, especially Kulemin -- the defensively responsible, offensively capable utility player you can plug in pretty much anywhere in the top-9. Bailey's been just fine, so it's not a matter of begging for him to be out of the lineup, but if it's a choice between the two Islanders who have historically struggled with consistency, I'd rather have the one that brings something a bit more unique and who has more explosiveness.

islesforlife

Dec 13, 2013
East Coast USA

I'm sorry, but how is that the case? I know he doesn't have a ton, but he's been taking the body a far amount more than he used to. He seems to have settled in a bit.

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island

Huh? and what games have you been watching? Bailey had another excellent game last night, solid two way hockey initiated a number of breakouts from his own zone, excellent forechecking pressure that resulted in turnovers/prolonging o-zone and had a number of chances he created for others and participated in.. Man has been solid all year, hate all you want. Grabner brings excellent intangibles in speed and PK but was wildly inconsistent last year (scored points in 25% of games he played in).. I really like Grabner but Bailey is not going anywhere.

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
Johnson likely in nets.

Prediction Was 4, NYI 1

Save Halak for NJ game.

Is that from Cappy or just going with your gut? Kinda hope we stay with the hot hand Halak against Ovi and the Caps and leave Johnson for the home game against the Devils but gotta figure either way they will split these two games.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
I'd keep Halak in against the better scoring Capitals and leave Johnson for the Devils.

Quicklime

Sep 25, 2006
Denver, CO
Should be a fun one! 17-6 would be insane. I knew we were a much improved team before the season began, but I didn't see this kinda start at all.

I'm still on cloud nine that they've taken 10 wins in 11 games. I know they'll have to come back to earth sometime, but wow....:handclap:

Just gotta lock up Ovechkin on the PK.

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
Johnson has to step up.
The defense can not leave OV standing alone, especially on the PP.
Shut down OV and you shut down 50% of the Caps attack.

I think Grabs plays tomorrow against the Devs.
I would take my chances in OT/SO but we are also due for an offensive eruption since last two games we scored 2 goals total in regulation.

Would love to see Tavares score some at ES.

LGI

Nyifan12

Oct 1, 2011
Is that from Cappy or just going with your gut? Kinda hope we stay with the hot hand Halak against Ovi and the Caps and leave Johnson for the home game against the Devils but gotta figure either way they will split these two games.

Gut given back-to-back scenario and Johnson has not played well; keeps Johnson from the wrath of the home crowd if he turns in another stinker.

GTislanders

Jan 9, 2014
Lesson:

Double team OV all game. Do that, play a patient game, and play the Islanders way, and we wipe the floor with them. The caps caught the isles sleeping the other night and we still had almost 40 shots lol. The isles will be flying today.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad