GDT: #23| New York Islanders @ Washington Capitals | November 28th 5:00 PM | F/L 5-2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DktrFaustus

Dec 22, 2011
brooklyn
good test for johnson. he needs to step up and not just be okay against lesser offensively-skilled teams like we're slating him to be.

IHateSidney

Oct 30, 2011
NY
Hey guys. I can watch a little tonight and then have to leave by 645 to go bowling. Really looking forward to this I just hope the Caps don't decide to pay us back. Can somebody tell me what station I can listen to the game on radio?

Macch

Mar 22, 2010
Cappy must be so happy to get his boy Strait back in tonight.

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
good test for johnson. he needs to step up and not just be okay against lesser offensively-skilled teams like we're slating him to be.

We should try to play a tight road game and maybe Johnson can steal a point for us. Eff the Crapitals.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
That sucks, likely means Boychuk misses tomorrow's game too...at this point I agree starting Johnson today, you now figure you probably don't win this game missing maybe your best dman so don't give the Devils a goalie who's struggled.

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
Hey guys. I can watch a little tonight and then have to leave by 645 to go bowling. Really looking forward to this I just hope the Caps don't decide to pay us back. Can somebody tell me what station I can listen to the game on radio?

If you're within like 5-7 miles of the coliseum you can listen on Hofstra radio 88.7 fm. I think there's another station that plays it also but I forget it.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I would have liked to see Donovan over Strait.

And that's an understatement. Boychuk is day-to-day I'm assuming?

Also, good call of Halak getting the extra day off.

GilliesGirlie

Mar 12, 2006
former Long Islander
The Isles app also has a radio broadcast, I sometimes listen to it in southeast Georgia it's great!

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY

And that's an understatement. Boychuk is day-to-day I'm assuming?

It's the right move giving Halak the extra day, he's our horse so get him rest when you can.

I'm so sick of Strait, so annoying that he's the #7. Our PK sucks enough and he drags it down even more. #freeDovovan

Renbarg

Feb 24, 2007
NY
Fyi. Strait is used on the right more than donovan. I have a feeling if leddy or hickey (gtd thread is wrong btw, vis plays right not left ) got injured he would have put donovan in.

Talain

Mar 7, 2007

Absolutely need to stay out of the box. Caps offense is rather weak 5 on 5 but deadly on the PP.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Watching the Game 365 featuring John Tavares and John Tavares on MSG right now. I miss NY/LI. I don't get pregame stuff up in Boston. My brother just got a 72 inch TV so I'm all set. :)

charlie1

It's all McDonald's
Dec 7, 2013
Dear Chad,

Please give us league-average backup goaltending.

Thanks so much,
Charlie

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005

Way I look at it Strait can replace Hamonic or Boychuck but Donovan can replace everybody else.

I have to agree he has played 3 games in 5 nights already that extra day can help. Beyond that better chance we beat NJ at home then Washington on the road, might as well put all our apples in that one basket and hope for the best today

wingnutks

Nov 17, 2011
Call me absolutely nuts, but Boychuk being out may not be the worst thing. This team can definitely win this game without him. With him out, the rest of the guys may be a bit more on their toes and play a hard fought road game.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Call me absolutely nuts, but Boychuk being out may not be the worst thing. This team can definitely win this game without him. With him out, the rest of the guys may be a bit more on their toes and play a hard fought road game.

I thought Boychuk was a big reason we won the other night, he on more that one occasion pressured and got turnovers when the Caps were cycling in our end...if he sits tomorrow too they may give Donovan the game tomorrow

wingnutks

Nov 17, 2011
I thought Boychuk was a big reason we won the other night, he on more that one occasion pressured and got turnovers when the Caps were cycling in our end...if he sits tomorrow too they may give Donovan the game tomorrow

I agree, Boychuk is definitely the better player, but it may keep the Isles from being complacent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad