Prospect Info: 2025 NHL Entry Draft

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Let me preface by saying this thread is not born out of any sense of doom and gloom stemming from the lack of activity yesterday. We have a draft thread each and every season, so that draft nerds like myself have a thread in which to nerd out over the draft.

Pronman released his early 2025 first round ranking. Led by James Hagens and Porter Martone, a couple of very talented F prospects who have put themselves at the forefront early in the process.

Flohockey also released a top 10 ranking a couple days ago

Rasp

Apr 9, 2019
Strong group of forwards coming up. Feels like our D is the most lacking at this stage so it will be interesting to see what we end up doing.

LeBrun is a Clown

Sep 19, 2018
Beyond Hagens , all these players looked real promising and potential top picks :

RHD Annborn
RHS C/RW McQueen
LHS C Ryabkin

Hensler/Martone are also good fits if we’re picking high again

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
He should be the clear cut guy.

Sadly, most of the guys I am excited for are forwards.
Kashawn Aitcheson - Looks like a Trouba/Bieksa type. Physically very developed already.
Carter Amico - Brandon Carlo RHD type.

Both are interesting but project to be outside the top 5 where we will be drafting so I expect another forward.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Would be pretty funny if THIS was the year we ended up winning the first overall pick. What do you even do with all of Zegras, McTavish, Gauthier, Carlsson, Sennecke, and Hagens?

GermanRocket7

Make Bettman irrelevant again
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2008
Düsseldorf
This year I will be much more intrigued into mid-to-late round picks, as a plethora (well, for us, at least) of German players will be eligible and some might turn out to be 2nd/3rd round picks.

I will definitely keep a close watch on two forwards from my hometown team, David Lewandowski and Lenny Boos.

Both have fathers who played prolonged, successful careers in and for Germany, and both have already been the 1/2 punch top scorers for Germany at the U18 World Championships. Aside from their background, they could really turn out to be dark horses in this draft, that might very well turn into regular NHL middle-six players down the road and provide solid secondary scoring.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
This year I will be much more intrigued into mid-to-late round picks, as a plethora (well, for us, at least) of German players will be eligible and some might turn out to be 2nd/3rd round picks.

I will definitely keep a close watch on two forwards from my hometown team, David Lewandowski and Lenny Boos.

Both have fathers who played prolonged, successful careers in and for Germany, and both have already been the 1/2 punch top scorers for Germany at the U18 World Championships. Aside from their background, they could really turn out to be dark horses in this draft, that might very well turn into regular NHL middle-six players down the road and provide solid secondary scoring.

Definitely recognized both those names from years past.

Reactions: Kalv

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
I think Scouching and/or FloHockey said something along the lines that this upcoming draft would be the one for defenseman
Honestly that was probably 2024.

Out of the last 5 drafts, this year had the most defensemen taken in the top 10 (tied with 22 and 23), most 1st round defensemen, and most defensemen taken in the 1st 2 rounds.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Maybe we'll end up with a local kid who was born because of that championship
What do you think of RDs Hensler and Trethewey ?
6'1 Trethewey is August 07 birthday so he should grow a bit more still. 6'2 Hensler is an October 06 so he's nearly a year older.

If the Ducks improve and draft around #a8 to 12 both of them could be good options depending where in that range and how the players improve in draft year.
I want them to go BPA again but around pick 10 or so a RD could be BPA.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
MyNHLdraft's early 2025 mock draft has the Ducks drafting #1. ::: sighs :::

MyNHLDraft, mock (July 18, 2024).png

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad