2025 NHL Entry Draft Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
While the regular season may not have started yet, there are already discussions of how the season will end. Might as well talk about what happens after that: the 2025 NHL Entry Draft.

The season has already started. Back in August, there was the Hlinka Gretzky tournament, which is where all players who are draft eligible (or younger) compete Internationally.

Currently, the Kings have a 1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th round picks.

I figured the first player I'd do a video on is Adam Benak. He's small at 5-foot-7, but he's very high-skilled. Speaking of the Hlinka Gretzky tournament, he actually has the all-time lead in scoring this tournament. Granted, he has played more games, but he's still tied for 9th all-time in points-per-game.

There aren't a lot of preliminary rankings at the moment. He may fall mid-to late first round due to his size.

Anyway, if there are 2025 draft prospects to talk about. We can make it this thread!

Mcsorley47

Jan 12, 2021
Yorba Linda, Ca
Who will the Kings draft this year?

Kashawn Aitcheson.

You’re welcome!

While the regular season may not have started yet, there are already discussions of how the season will end. Might as well talk about what happens after that: the 2025 NHL Entry Draft.

The season has already started. Back in August, there was the Hlinka Gretzky tournament, which is where all players who are draft eligible (or younger) compete Internationally.

Currently, the Kings have a 1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th round picks.

I figured the first player I'd do a video on is Adam Benak. He's small at 5-foot-7, but he's very high-skilled. Speaking of the Hlinka Gretzky tournament, he actually has the all-time lead in scoring this tournament. Granted, he has played more games, but he's still tied for 9th all-time in points-per-game.

There aren't a lot of preliminary rankings at the moment. He may fall mid-to late first round due to his size.

Anyway, if there are 2025 draft prospects to talk about. We can make it this thread!

I saw 5’7 and stopped reading.

I think the organization has finally gone a different direction.

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
there are already discussions of how the season will end. Might as well talk about what happens after that: the 2025 NHL Entry Draft.

Jesus! I guess I should start preparing for Christmas 2025, then.

I dunno... Czechs & the Kings don't seem to be a good match. Even worse than Russians & the Kings. Have there ever been any notable Czechs on the Kings? Frk & Čechmánek come to mind. See? Ah, yes... Modrý. I wish Dvořák would reverse the trend.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Jesus! I guess I should start preparing for Christmas 2025, then.

I dunno... Czechs & the Kings don't seem to be a good match. Even worse than Russians & the Kings. Have there ever been any notable Czechs on the Kings? Frk & Čechmánek come to mind. See? Ah, yes... Modrý. I wish Dvořák would reverse the trend.
I still think Cechmanek dropped the ball for not legally changing his name to Czechmanek.

I looked it up because I was interested after you brought it up. It's interesting - LA has had only 18 Czech born players all time play for them. They actually have one on the roster now: David Rittich

The other 17
Roman Cechmanek
Milan Hnlincka
Jaroslav Bednar
Martin Frk
Frantisek Kaberle
Petr Kanko
Peter Klima
Robert Lang
Jaroslav Modry
Jan Nemecek
Petr Prajzler
Pavel Rosa
Martin Straka
Tomas Vlasak
Jan Vopat
Roman Vopat
Tomas Zizka

They have also drafted the following Czech-born players (some overlap of the above list):
Jakub Dvorak
Lukas Parik
Patrik Bartosak
Dominik Kubalik
Tomas Hyka
Petr Kanko
Jaroslav Bednar
Frantisek Kaberle
Tomas Zizka
Pavel Rosa
Jan Nemecek
Tomas Vlasak
Robert Lang
Martin Maskarinec
Rostislav Vlach
Petr Prajsler
Jan Blaha

So yeah, 18 all time doesn't seem like much. But there have also been only 259 Czech born players in the entire NHL all time play at least one NHL game (235 skaters, 24 goalies). It's just not a huge pool.

Obviously Benak is just one player and there are hundreds of draft eligibles. I'm not going to make a huge case for any player at this point. I just think, relative to the rest of the league, the Kings have had a normal share of Czech born players.

But it's also why I start on these threads early if I can. There's a lot to cover 😆

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad