News and Blog Report: Training camp & Preseason News & Notes

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

jeffff

Oct 4, 2011
You admit to visiting downtown once this summer yet talk like you work, live and spend all your time off downtown.

I live in the westend and the wife and I (and the kids) frequent downtown, have reservations this evening in fact. Most of the cities best restaurants are downtown. Beautiful hiking/biking along the top and into the river valley. Not to mention tons of events throughout the summer (including Okoberfest, which we have tickets). To say that the ice district is bad for the city or didn't help the downtown core is ridiculous. It also doesn't cost anywhere near $30 to park downtown.

We're a large city, a real city, with real city obstacles.....just like every large city in Canada/US....I've been to dozens. Heading to London and Paris soon, arguably the 2 of the best cities in the world. I wonder if they have homelessness, boarded up windows, drug issues, policing issues???.....probably not, only Edmonton does.

I suggest either getting off your high horse and actually spend some time in YOUR downtown, you might actually appreciate it more than think. If you choose not to, thats ok....more room for the rest of us.

Reactions: JordanGalhanth

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
You admit to visiting downtown once this summer yet talk like you work, live and spend all your time off downtown.

I live in the westend and the wife and I (and the kids) frequent downtown, have reservations this evening in fact. Most of the cities best restaurants are downtown. Beautiful hiking/biking along the top and into the river valley. Not to mention tons of events throughout the summer (including Okoberfest, which we have tickets). To say that the ice district is bad for the city or didn't help the downtown core is ridiculous. It also doesn't cost anywhere near $30 to park downtown.

We're a large city, a real city, with real city obstacles.....just like every large city in Canada/US....I've been to dozens. Heading to London and Paris soon, arguably the 2 of the best cities in the world. I wonder if they have homelessness, boarded up windows, drug issues, policing issues???.....probably not, only Edmonton does.

I suggest either getting off your high horse and actually spend some time in YOUR downtown, you might actually appreciate it more than think. If you choose not to, thats ok....more room for the rest of us.
No.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

IMG_6908.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad