2025 NHL Draft Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BRayne

May 5, 2011
This year's KD crush?

He's 5'7 so has a good chance of dropping, but lots to like.

Cullen Potter is the better skater to my understanding and just a touch bigger at 5'9" so might be more the KD choice. Though he might just get bullied enough in the NCAA/NCHC at ASU to drop as well.

Reactions: Muffinalt

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
I like the idea of Misa at around the spot the Hawks may pick, potential 2nd line center/1st line winger.

Lot of good forwards this year let's hope, Hagens, Frondell, Martone, Misa, McQueen, Ryabkin, Spence, Moore. Hopefully some good options when the Hawks pick.

Reactions: TLEH

dreadpirateroberts

Nov 14, 2018
Seven Seas
Never say never, but I’d be shocked if Davidson took a 5’9” or shorter forward in the 1st. This team really needs to add some size. In the 2nd? Then I could see it because you might have another DeBrincat or Stankoven situation.

Reactions: HawksDub89

dreadpirateroberts

Nov 14, 2018
Seven Seas
Doesn't help when your burn your top 20 pick on a low end forward.

Don't mind me, just thinking about Artamonov's killer start to the season...
Carolina just seems to know what they are doing draft wise. For a playoff team, they have a pretty healthy pipeline because they make smart decisions like these. When are other teams gonna catch up? lol

ello

Jun 12, 2018
Ill believe that KD will pick a high skill forward when I see it. As of rn most likely I think are probably Martone, Frondell and McQueen since they all seem to offer some form of physicalilty/athleticism

I still dont understand - he's made 7 first round picks in 3 years outside of Bedard and walked away with 0 first line forward prospects. Are we just going to defend the puck into the net?

Last edited:

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
Ill believe that KD will pick a high skill forward when I see it. As of rn most likely I think are probably Martone, Frondell and McQueen since they all seem to offer some form of physicalilty/athleticism

I still dont understand - he's made 7 first round picks in 3 years outside of Bedard and walked away with 0 first line forward prospects. Are we just going to defend the puck into the net?
Only three of those picks were in the top 10. One was Bedard, the other two were D (KK and Lev). Players outside the top 10 usually take a bit before they hit the NHL, and take a while longer still to hit their potential upside.

And if we're listing off names of potential guys Davidson might be interested in in the 2025 draft, you can add Misa's name to the mix. Nearly 6ft1, plays with good pace, has elite offensive upside.

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
Only three of those picks were in the top 10. One was Bedard, the other two were D (KK and Lev). Players outside the top 10 usually take a bit before they hit the NHL, and take a while longer still to hit their potential upside.

And if we're listing off names of potential guys Davidson might be interested in in the 2025 draft, you can add Misa's name to the mix. Nearly 6ft1, plays with good pace, has elite offensive upside.

Misa fits the KD “type”

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Bad luck...2025 draft maybe Hawksstill a lottery team ..get lucky and draft Porter Martone a very goodpower forward prospect who could go2-4 overall BUT probably notca superstar..

However 2026 draft 2 fiture superstars...whovare Big and very very good dominating already at 16 years old...Ethan Belchetz who is 6'4 231 at 16 years old and early performance trending to dominate OHL this season...and in the Q you have 16 year old Maddox Dagenais who isn't 181 and off to a great start in that league..

2026vis shaping up to be sknetbibg special and so KD's statement that he does not care to getcany more high first rounders anymore is STUPID..
The trouble is Hawks may still get a hogh pickni 2025 but by 2026 surely some of our yutes will be infusing for a mich better record taki g is out of the top first few picks.

Just bad timing for the Hawks.unlesd of course All of our yutes keep failing to help Bedard turn things around..

I just cannot see how All of then turn into busts..
I cannitcsee how Hawks keep at bottom feeder level beyond 2024/25 season...

Surely Levshunov tears up the AHL this sesson And once Connor Barfy is sent packibgv EdM should be ready to help turn things around...So the dcoros ought to be a kot better by 25/26 season..

Jury still out on which if any yute forwards ready to impact for that season but O expect management is active to get a scoring big fun in free agency next summer.

So Hawks SHOULD be too good to be in position forca top 2-4pick in the 2026 special draft draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad