2025 NHL Draft Prospects

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Top 10

1 J.Hagens (USA)
2 M.Misa (Canada)
3 L.Hensler (USA)
4 I.Ryabkin (Russia)
5 C.Trethewey (USA)
6 R.McQueen (Canada)
7 C.Desnoyers (Canada)
8 P.Martone (Canada)
9 W.Moore (USA)
10 S.Boumedienne (Sweden)

Others : Conrad, Frondell, Guité, Kotajarvi, Ihs Wozniak, Spence, Gavin, Kevan, Hamilton, Radivojevic, Karimov, Fondrk, Phillips, Huang, Reschny, Benak, Morin, Sorqvist, Zubek

dr1234

Sep 1, 2022
1. James Hagens - F - USNTDP U18
2. Michael Misa - F - Saginaw (OHL)
3. Porter Martone - F - Mississauga (OHL)
4. Logan Hensler - D - USNTDP U18
5. Roger McQueen - F - Brandon (WHL)
6. Ivan Ryabkin - F - Moscow (Russia)
7. Cullen Potter - F - USNTDP U17
8. Luka Radivojevic - D - Orebro (Sweden)
9. Matthew Schaefer - D - Erie (OHL)
10. Charlie Trethewey - D - USNTDP U17
11. Caleb Desnoyers - F - Moncton (QMJHL)
12. Sascha Boumedienne - D - Youngstown (USHL)
13. Malcolm Spence - F - Erie (OHL)
14. Conrad Fondrk - F - USNTDP U17
15. William Moore - F - USNTDP U17
16. Cole McKinney - F - USNTDP U17
17. Alex Huang - D - Chicoutimi (QMJHL)
18. Tomas Pobezal - F - Nitra (Slovakia)
19. Adam Benak - F - Plzen (Czechia)
20. Owen Conrad - D - Charlottetown (QMJHL)
21. Reese Hamilton - D - Calgary (WHL)
22. Émile Guité - F - Chicoutimi (QMJHL)
23. Anton Frondell - F - Djurgardens (Sweden)
24. Jordan Gavin - F - Tri-City (WHL)
25. Jakob Ihs Wozniak - F - Lulea (Sweden)
26. David Lewandowski - F - Dusseldorfer (Germany)
27. Jan Chovan - F - Tappara (Finland)
28. Cole Reschny - F - Victoria (WHL)
29. Cameron Reid - D - Kitchener (OHL)
30. Eric Nilson - F - Orebro (Sweden)
31. Ruslan Karimov - F - Almetievsk (Russia)
32. Filip Ekberg - F - Almtuna (Sweden)
This is an A++ list based on what we’ve seen so far I feel. I don’t know who I’d add aside from maybe Lakovic or Kaiser due to personal preference. Glad to see Lewandodki on someone’s list!

Ovechkin962

Aug 25, 2010
This is an A++ list based on what we’ve seen so far I feel. I don’t know who I’d add aside from maybe Lakovic or Kaiser due to personal preference. Glad to see Lewandodki on someone’s list!

This 2025 class is going to be special. There is about 30 other guys that I've considered for the last part of the first round.

Reactions: dr1234

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
I doubt it. Even just in the CHL I wouldn’t be shocked to see Ivankovic and Ravensbergen ahead of him come draft day.
D’Aigle and Ivankovic are the two clear cut goalies out of Canada. IMO ravensbergen has slot to prove he’s more than just the team in front of him.

This 2025 class is going to be special. There is about 30 other guys that I've considered for the last part of the first round.
Special? I doubt that. Any class that has a player like Fromdell #2 isn’t a good class

Reactions: TimeZone and SOLR

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
D’Aigle and Ivankovic are the two clear cut goalies out of Canada. IMO ravensbergen has slot to prove he’s more than just the team in front of him.

Special? I doubt that. Any class that has a player like Fromdell #2 isn’t a good class
"Fromdell" is easily a more impressive prospect than "Lamdeskog" at the same age, who was a decent 2nd overall

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Jesper Kotajärvi might be the best for Finland? Either way, such a weak class.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
My First 2025 Draft list.

2025 NHL Draft List:

1. James Hagens-C
2. Michael Misa-C
3. Porter Martone-W
4. Ivan Ryabakin-C
5. Roger McQueen-C
6. Cullen Potter-C
7. Logan Hensler-RHD
8. Matt Schaefer-LHD
9. Sascha Boumedienne-LHD
10. Emile Guite-W
11. Caleb Desnoyers-C
12. Anton Frondell-C
13. Cole McKinney-C
14. Charlie Trethewey-RHD
15. Owen Conrad-LHD
16. Adam Benak-W
17. Luka Radivojevic-RHD
18. Ruslan Karimov-W
19. Conrad Fondrk-W
20. Malcolm Spence-W
21. William Moore-C
22. Eric Nilson-C
23. Jakob Ihs Wozniak-W
24. Cole Reschny-C
25. Victor Eklund-W
26. Tomas Pobezal-C
27. Jordan Gavin-W
28. Milton Gastrin-C
29. Xavier Villeneuve-LHD
30. Jackson Smith-LHD
31. Jack Ivankovic-G
32. Cooper Simpson-W
33. Alex Huang-RHD
34. Reese Hamilton-LHD
35. Carter D’Amico-RHD
36. Bill Zonnon-W
37. LJ Mooney-W
38. Asher Barnett-LHD
39. Filip Ekberg-W
40. Ethan Czata-C
41. Cameron Reid-LHD
42. Jack Murtagh-W
43. Dakoda Rheaume Mullen-LHD
44. Zachary Morin-C
45. Pyotr Andreyanov-G
46. Jesper Kotajarvi-LHD
47. Benjamin Kevan-W
48. Jan Chovan-C
49. Lasse Boelius-LHD
50. Justin Carbonneau-W
51. Joshua Ravensbergen-G
52. Matthew Grimes-LHD
53. Viktor Klingsell-W
54. Semyon Frolov-G
55. Matej Pekar-C
56. Max Westergard-W
57. Patryk Zubek-LHD
58. Owen Bresson-G
59. Benjamin Kindel-W
60. Eetu Orpana-C
61. Cameron Schmidt-W
62. Tomas Polletin-W
63. Maxim Agafonov-RHD
64. Gabriel D’Aigle-G

JotAlan

Apr 21, 2020
About the level of Matthews. Bedard could certainly be argued as the best in Tier 2 (and some are going to say he's Tier 1, which I vehemently disagree with), but he's also 5'9 3/4, not an amazing skater, and probably only average defensively, so I think we have to separate junior hockey accomplishments with how they project to the NHL. Matthews is 6'3 200. Same with Dahlin. That matters a lot once they reach the NHL.

This is about how I view it of the recent 1OA's and the other most highly hyped prospects of recent times, if you want it in a slightly different form.

Tier 1: McDavid
Tier 2 (in order): Dahlin, Matthews, Bedard, Michkov, Eichel, Hughes, Lafreniere

I think Hagens could be towards the top of Tier 2, or like a tier 1.5. I don't think he can reach the level of McDavid. He could also be towards the bottom of Tier 2, so we'll have to see.

Is that still your opinion of Hagens? If not. What are your current expectations?

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Is that still your opinion of Hagens? If not. What are your current expectations?
A little lower. His height is more of a factor now, but he could still get back to what I said.

I can't deny how great he plays, but he's the same height in year 2 at the NTDP as he was year 1.

A 5'10 center isn't a deal-breaker. Hughes and Bedard are both 5'10, probably listed generously. Yet, 5'10 is a limiting factor for any hockey player.

His brother is around 6'0. Where will he be once drafted? We are talking about a year and a half until that. Also, he only turned 17 in November, so he might not be done growing. If he ends up at like 6'0, I'd be a lot more confident putting him towards the top of tier 2. If not, he's somewhere in the pack with the other 5'10 players Bedard, Michkov, Hughes. Right now I would put him between Bedard and Michkov with potential to rise above Dahlin, Matthews, and Bedard.

Reactions: JotAlan

MrCreamm

Nov 16, 2023
Curious on how Misa will do next season, seems to have been not as explosive of a season you would've hoped if you expected him to go 1OA after his impressive rookie campaign. But who knows, some have mentioned he's had to play on the wings this season and has looked better when he's played center, seems like Saginaw was doing a bit of line juggling with him in 2023 before the trades. He has been putting up better numbers in 2024, but with the recent acquistion of Beck, I believe he'll pretty much be stapled his LW from now on, that might not be so bad. So much can change from between now and next September, let alone what the rankings will be a whole year from now.

mirec04

Sep 3, 2018
Slovakia
Interesting player, for sure. Isnt he a son from on of the former national team twins Pavol Zubek, Peter Zubek?
In such case he would probably have Slovak citizenship. He has grown up in Nowy Targ, his father and grandfather were playing hockey probably in Poland as well

Reactions: hellwar9

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
A little lower. His height is more of a factor now, but he could still get back to what I said.

I can't deny how great he plays, but he's the same height in year 2 at the NTDP as he was year 1.

A 5'10 center isn't a deal-breaker. Hughes and Bedard are both 5'10, probably listed generously. Yet, 5'10 is a limiting factor for any hockey player.

His brother is around 6'0. Where will he be once drafted? We are talking about a year and a half until that. Also, he only turned 17 in November, so he might not be done growing. If he ends up at like 6'0, I'd be a lot more confident putting him towards the top of tier 2. If not, he's somewhere in the pack with the other 5'10 players Bedard, Michkov, Hughes. Right now I would put him between Bedard and Michkov with potential to rise above Dahlin, Matthews, and Bedard.
I'm a big fan of the kid and think he's currently the runaway favorite for 1st overall in 2025, but just comparing their performances in their D-1 seasons at the USNTP, he's pretty clearly not in the Matthews / Hughes / Eichel class IMO.

Here are the top season from D-1 seasons for the U18 team:

1705410005492.png

He's the least productive of the 3, while being much smaller than both Matthews & Eichel, and not as good of a skater as Hughes. He's also a late birthday like Matthews & Eichel, making him 7 months older than Hughes was during his D-1 season.

Mathieukferland

Oct 11, 2020
Sloane Square, Chelsea, England
I'm a big fan of the kid and think he's currently the runaway favorite for 1st overall in 2025, but just comparing their performances in their D-1 seasons at the USNTP, he's pretty clearly not in the Matthews / Hughes / Eichel class IMO.

View attachment 804206

He's the least productive of the 3, while being much smaller than both Matthews & Eichel, and not as good of a skater as Hughes. He's also a late birthday like Matthews & Eichel, making him 7 months older than Hughes was during his D-1 season.
I don’t think it’s a strong draft but even given your comparisons to other NTDP furst overalls I think he goes first, he’s proven he has a well rounded game and given his slender build the room for improvement is quite high. Reminds me of Aho

Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

Ryan Van Horne

aka Scribe
Dec 1, 2005
Halifax
Curious on how Misa will do next season, seems to have been not as explosive of a season you would've hoped if you expected him to go 1OA after his impressive rookie campaign. But who knows, some have mentioned he's had to play on the wings this season and has looked better when he's played center, seems like Saginaw was doing a bit of line juggling with him in 2023 before the trades. He has been putting up better numbers in 2024, but with the recent acquistion of Beck, I believe he'll pretty much be stapled his LW from now on, that might not be so bad. So much can change from between now and next September, let alone what the rankings will be a whole year from now.
I confess I have not watched Misa play this season, so I'll ask this: "Has he improved his defensive play and commitment?"

When I saw him at the World under-17 challenge in 2022, it was terrible, which explains why any team would move him to the wing from centre. If he plays better offensively as a centre, there's a huge tradeoff for any team to get that extra production unless he improves in that area. I know it's tough to improve on something when you don't get a chance to play there and prove yourself, but I'm guessing the team is looking for more of a commitment from him defensively before they try to put him back at centre. He might get that opportunity next year after some older players move on, we'll see.

More like they weren’t at WHC-17 so he can’t bothered to do additional scouting on them lol
Pronman was at the U-17 though. Pretty sure he wrote about that.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
My First 2025 Draft list.

2025 NHL Draft List:

1. James Hagens-C
2. Michael Misa-C
3. Porter Martone-W
4. Ivan Ryabakin-C
5. Roger McQueen-C
6. Cullen Potter-C
7. Logan Hensler-RHD
8. Matt Schaefer-LHD
9. Sascha Boumedienne-LHD
10. Emile Guite-W
11. Caleb Desnoyers-C
12. Anton Frondell-C
13. Cole McKinney-C
14. Charlie Trethewey-RHD
15. Owen Conrad-LHD
16. Adam Benak-W
17. Luka Radivojevic-RHD
18. Ruslan Karimov-W
19. Conrad Fondrk-W
20. Malcolm Spence-W
21. William Moore-C
22. Eric Nilson-C
23. Jakob Ihs Wozniak-W
24. Cole Reschny-C
25. Victor Eklund-W
26. Tomas Pobezal-C
27. Jordan Gavin-W
28. Milton Gastrin-C
29. Xavier Villeneuve-LHD
30. Jackson Smith-LHD
31. Jack Ivankovic-G
32. Cooper Simpson-W
33. Alex Huang-RHD
34. Reese Hamilton-LHD
35. Carter D’Amico-RHD
36. Bill Zonnon-W
37. LJ Mooney-W
38. Asher Barnett-LHD
39. Filip Ekberg-W
40. Ethan Czata-C
41. Cameron Reid-LHD
42. Jack Murtagh-W
43. Dakoda Rheaume Mullen-LHD
44. Zachary Morin-C
45. Pyotr Andreyanov-G
46. Jesper Kotajarvi-LHD
47. Benjamin Kevan-W
48. Jan Chovan-C
49. Lasse Boelius-LHD
50. Justin Carbonneau-W
51. Joshua Ravensbergen-G
52. Matthew Grimes-LHD
53. Viktor Klingsell-W
54. Semyon Frolov-G
55. Matej Pekar-C
56. Max Westergard-W
57. Patryk Zubek-LHD
58. Owen Bresson-G
59. Benjamin Kindel-W
60. Eetu Orpana-C
61. Cameron Schmidt-W
62. Tomas Polletin-W
63. Maxim Agafonov-RHD
64. Gabriel D’Aigle-G
I think Kashawn Aitcheson deserves to be on this list with the season he is having.

Edit - realizing this list is a little old at this point, but just wanted to point out Aitcheson is having a nice season. 5th on his team in points as a -1 defenseman is pretty good.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

mphmiles

Jan 1, 2017

View attachment 804206

To be fair to Hagens, Matthews and Hughes had way more offensive talent around them than Hagens currently has to work with. Matthews' linemates were Tkachuk and Roslovic, and Hughes was part of maybe the most loaded NTDP class ever.

Hagens has Eiserman (Who he really hasn't even played with other than the PP most of the year) and not really anyone else that's expected to be a dynamic offensive NHLer.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
The guys Hagens is usually linemates with are projected like 3rd or 4th round. Hagens has played a lot with Stiga and Ziemer. Stiga is an undersized and iffy skating player. Has some skill and having a good year (probably Hagens inflating him), but he’s not one of the best prospects on the team. Ziemer is a sandpaper and intangibles guy. And he’s not some great athlete power forward. He’s like 5’11 and a weak skater. May belong on the fourth line on pure ability, but one of the few forwards on the team who plays that way and he’s the captain, so they give him a bigger role than his offensive game dictates he deserves.

He’s only played a few games all year on a line with Eiserman. And the reason Eiserman has more points is because he’s a scorer only. He cheats in the defensive zone. He’s not losing shifts where he can score points via the PK, like Hagens does. Eiserman has also had better linemates most of the season. Eiserman plays with the third best forward as his center (Bednarik) and either Humphreys or Plante (offensive forwards). Hagens is a very responsible defensive center that gets PK time. Comparing Hagens to Eiserman is like comparing Crosby to Ovechkin. If scoring is all you look at, you could come to the conclusion that the scoring winger is better, but the two-way center does so many more things that help a team win.

Last edited:
Reactions: JotAlan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad