2025 NHL Draft: Lose a ton for Porter Martone

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
hopefully it's like the 2013 or 2014 drafts where the top 4 are relatively equivalent. obviously mackinnon came out on top but he and seth jones were neck and neck up to the draft and even barkov justified going 2nd pretty early on. and draisaitl coming out on top compared to reinhart, ekblad, and bennett. if it's like that, you could easily justify martone or schaeffer 1oa. at this point, hagens would have to play at an insane level to pull away from crowd.

Reactions: JotAlan

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
If you get James Hagens 3rd overall you're laughing IMO. I'm really happy with any of those three players.
Yep agreed. Think this draft we are going to add yet another cornerstone level piece regardless of where our pick falls (within reason). I’ll be honest I’ve tuned out of hockey a lot for the past couple months (basically since July 15th-ish) but my early opinions of this draft is there’s a ton of guys who could give us a very good piece.

I don’t think any of them are on Macklin’s level (as discussed previously in this thread but I didn’t look until now so I’m responding now :laugh:) I think Macklin is just so intelligent and I think his offensive game is a bit underrated. He’s never going to be that Jack Hughes level highlight real but I think he is just one of those guys that always makes the right play/always is in the right spot. Real fun to have.

With all that said I’d love to add any of Hagens, Schaefer, Martone, Frondell, Ryabkin, McQueen, Hensler. I’m probably forgetting people cause football is on so only half paying attention to this very rambly post but I like the potential of all those guys and even if our young guys really drag us along to a higher finish, I don’t think we will go wanting from the draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad