2025 NHL Draft: Lose a ton for Porter Martone

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
I'll give you Toffoli over Caufield but I don't agree with the rest. Suzuki is a legit low-end 1C whom I like a lot and would comfortably take over two Granlunds. I like Celebrini/Smith/Eklund over Slafkovsky/Dach/Newhook long-term, obviously, but I don't think they're better next season. And even if they don't have a legit top pairing, they at least have several top-4 guys between Matheson, Guhle, and maybe even Hutson. We have maaaybe one top-4 guy in Walman and that's not for sure.

Montreal had like twenty more points in the standings than us last year and that was with Guhle and Dach out the whole season.
What are your expectations from Celebrini this season? It seems like, not directed at you, that a lot of people view the strength of his all around game as a detriment to his production.

Star Platinum

May 11, 2024
What are your expectations from Celebrini this season? It seems like, not directed at you, that a lot of people view the strength of his all around game as a detriment to his production.
The only thing I consider detriments to his production are his youth and the quality of the people he has to pass to. The only person on the roster that is close to his skill level has the same challenges. The other Lunds and Toffoli have varying levels of skill and experience to help them, but this is still one of the weakest forward groups in the league and the defense we already know about. If Celebrini or Smith actually become serious threats for the Calder this year, we should be metaphorically be turning cartwheels.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
The only thing I consider detriments to his production are his youth and the quality of the people he has to pass to. The only person on the roster that is close to his skill level has the same challenges. The other Lunds and Toffoli have varying levels of skill and experience to help them, but this is still one of the weakest forward groups in the league and the defense we already know about. If Celebrini or Smith actually become serious threats for the Calder this year, we should be metaphorically be turning cartwheels.
I'm not actually worried about Celebrini or his production, and I do think he'll be in the discussion for the Calder. I think Celebrini will be directly responsible for a huge portion of the offensive chances the Sharks generate. I will do literal cartwheels regardless.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
My expectation for Mack is something like 55 points with the bulk of it (>50%) coming on the PP. Partially because of the general weakness of this team and lack of puck movers and possession players on defense, partially because it's just freaking hard to score at even strength as a rookie, and partially because Celebrini has never cheated for offense a day in his life.

I would love to be wrong and he puts up 70 points, but I'd rather be conservative for now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad