2025 NHL Draft: Lose a ton for Porter Martone

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
Hagens and Smith will form then 1-2 line. With Thrun moving to RW and completing the 1-2-3 punch.
Speaking of #3... I always wanted to see Doug Murray get a shift or two at wing. Just to see how keen the other teams d men would be on going into the corner for a puck battle with that guy... I remember his pre-season hat trick fondly. We need another Crankshaft.

gaucholoco3

Jun 22, 2015

StanleyCup2035

Oct 1, 2017
Tankathon already updated with 2025 info. My first mock lottery has us with Martone at #2 and Jackson Smith (LD) at 24.
Doesn't Tankaton know Sharks have 16 LDs already?

It would be frustrating if the Sharks picked a small winger from Sweden one pick before baby Eklund is drafted.
Baby Eklund on top of Martone would be an amazing draft. Then we win the lottery in 2026 to pick Gavin and I'll change my name to StanleyCup2035-2040

jMoneyBrah

Jan 10, 2013
South Bay
What an awful problem that would be to have too many stars.

Honestly, I’m not sure I can handle going through not being able to keep the players we don’t have because we can’t pay the contracts they haven’t been offered. I don’t think I’ll be able to bring myself to watch the games that have yet to be scheduled that they won’t be in.

Last edited:

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Honestly, I’m not sure I can handle going through not be able to keep the players we don’t have because we can’t pay the contracts they haven’t been offered. I don’t think I’ll be able to bring myself to watch the games that have yet to be scheduled that they won’t be in.
we'll just lock them up to $10m x 8 contracts before the salary cap goes up to $150m. no problemo.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Smith, martone, mckenna, smith, celebrini, eklund. Would be a killer top 6.

Even with them all making 12 million a year, the team would still have 20+ million to fill out the rest of the team. And 12 million a year for all 6 is way beyond each of those players top projected potential level of talent.

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist

Even with them all making 12 million a year, the team would still have 20+ million to fill out the rest of the team. And 12 million a year for all 6 is way beyond each of those players top projected potential level of talent.

Givani making 12 million a year in the top 6? Or we cloning Secondary?

mogambomoroo

Sponsor
Oct 12, 2020

Are we becoming the Maple Leafs? :laugh::laugh:

But to be serious, I think Eklund will make under 8 mil per season at his best and others will be around that 10mil if they make it to their potential. Also I would like for Grier to push a lot more money on the defence if we ever want a cup.

llamanby

Mar 19, 2006
He's not the clear 1OA but I'm still a fan of Brown Smell for Frondell, Get Cleaned for McQueen, Lames for James, or Torture for Porter. None of them are perfect.
Play like pee for D

Sharks do a little better than expected, Vegas does poorer than expected, draft Hensler and Trethewey.

Shark Finn

∀dministrator
Jan 5, 2012
Herwood
I know the ducks haven't won or earned 1OA this time around, but they should 100% be barred from getting that pick. How many years of top prospects can you get before you need to start being better?!
My thoughts exactly. I hope they piss away this rebuild and enter another one without any results, like Buffalo.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan

mogambomoroo

Sponsor
Oct 12, 2020
I know the ducks haven't won or earned 1OA this time around, but they should 100% be barred from getting that pick. How many years of top prospects can you get before you need to start being better?!
I feel like it's either their amateur/pro scouting or development department that has busted. They should by all means be a lot better by now. But also they haven't been fortunate enough to draft high when there is a franchise changing talent like Bedard or Celebrini. I feel like if they were lucky with either of those picks, they could be a lot closer.
I think Cutter Gauthier will be a big spark for their group, but I don't know if is enough to take them over the rebuild. We shall see... while eating popcorn with Celebrini jerseys.

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
Vegas is a stiff breeze away from being awful.
Only really if they sustain massive injuries. Their 1-4 center group when healthy is the best in the league with Eichel, Hertl, Karlsson, Roy (if they decide to deploy all 4 of them down the middle instead of using one to fill a LW hole). Their defense is still very strong with Hanifin-Petro, McNabb-Theodore, Hague-Whitecloud.

That stiff breeze could happen and they lose one of those centers and Hanifin and all of a sudden they're bad, but their opening night roster should be one of the strongest in the league. With all of that, I would be claiming Kaedan Korczak when they inevitably have to waive him during camp. Big RHD that skates and moves the puck pretty well. Would be another Emberson caliber pickup most likely in a spot where we have minimal organizational options (and would also take away Vegas' first injury fill in on the backend).

mogambomoroo

Sponsor
Oct 12, 2020
Vegas could anything between a lottery team or Stanley Cup Contender next year.

They've gone far with a worse roster, but they've never been without Marchessault that is their Pavelski to be honest. It's going to be interesting to watch.
Hertl is probably going to be allright, but with his injury history + Stone never being healthy for whole season it can become a legit problem (outside of the LTIR shenanigans) .
They'll still probably try their LTIR stuff at the deadline if they are close, but they are starting to run out of assets to trade for players (in before they get another stud for pennies)

As a Sharks fan I'm ready for the worst result and pick #32 with their pick, but will be positively surprised if they manage to give us a lottery pick or anything better than #32.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Vegas could anything between a lottery team or Stanley Cup Contender next year.

They've gone far with a worse roster, but they've never been without Marchessault that is their Pavelski to be honest. It's going to be interesting to watch.
Hertl is probably going to be allright, but with his injury history + Stone never being healthy for whole season it can become a legit problem (outside of the LTIR shenanigans) .
They'll still probably try their LTIR stuff at the deadline if they are close, but they are starting to run out of assets to trade for players (in before they get another stud for pennies)

As a Sharks fan I'm ready for the worst result and pick #32 with their pick, but will be positively surprised if they manage to give us a lottery pick or anything better than #32.
I will say the worst there pick will be is 24th, but the realistic range is 16th and 18th pick. But i also firmly believe they will crash and burn this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad