2025 NHL Draft: Baggin' for Hagens

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
It counts as San Jose.

"No single team can advance in the draft order by reason of winning a Lottery Draw more than two times in any five-year period... For purposes of clarity, the limitation would attach to the team, not the specific pick."

To me, that reads that it doesn't matter whose pick wins the lottery - what matters is what team benefits from the lottery win (in other words, the ultimate owner).
Friedman did a big segment about it and I paid attention cause I was wrong.

Basically every team is allowed to keep their pick (which I was wrong about) and each pick is attached to the team. So Vegas’s pick is still Vegas even though SJ owns it. If Vegas wins the lottery it does not count against SJ.

jMoneyBrah

Jan 10, 2013
South Bay
Friedman did a big segment about it and I paid attention cause I was wrong.

Basically every team is allowed to keep their pick (which I was wrong about) and each pick is attached to the team. So Vegas’s pick is still Vegas even though SJ owns it. If Vegas wins the lottery it does not count against SJ.

Which is what I’m personally hoping happens. I would love it so much if Vegas finished 10th and the Sharks won the lottery with their pick. They have the outside hope of a playoff run, then it is dashed, and they end up giving the top overall pick to Sharks. Maximum schadenfreude.

JotAlan

Apr 21, 2020
I would like to know what you think about Hagens x Celebrini. Who has the greatest potential? What are the expectations for both?
Who is better at skating, shooting, hands, IQ, vision, defense, faceoffs?

coooldude

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2007
I would like to know what you think about Hagens x Celebrini. Who has the greatest potential? What are the expectations for both?
Who is better at skating, shooting, hands, IQ, vision, defense, faceoffs?
This is already debated in a thread which I think is called (or about) Bedard, Celebrini, Hagens, or McKenna.

It's still too early but Hagens looks more like a Jack Hughes. Celebrini is pure 2 way. Hagens may be more offensively focused but still sounds like he's decent in his own zone. Some are extremely high on Hagens, McKenna looks to be extremely good as well but is a winger. Neither of them is a lock to go 1OA in their year and Celebrini was seen as a weak 1OA until he had a monster draft season, so lots can change in the next 1-2 years.

Sandisfan

Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
San Jose
Dream scenario would be that the Sharks improve a lot but somehow the other two, maybe Chicago and whoever, have a great streak in the last few weeks while Vegas collapses with Vegas at 11 or 12 and Sharks at One going into the lottery then Vegas wins first draw :heart: Sharks win second draw so two of the top three spots in the draft and if Misa is that good Sharks could get both Hagens and Hensler :heart:

Unlikely but were the Vegas pick as second pick, could hold up the three pick for a second so they could jump one ahead if Misa is that good and that team needed a top Center, and still get Hensler.

Last edited:

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
Chris Peters' way too early 2025 top 10. Of note, no RHD in the top 10. Hensler and Trethewey among the 7 honorable mentions. LHD Schaefer and Sascha Boumedienne at 7 and 8 respectively. 4 centers and RW Martone in the top 5.

Dickinson was sooo critical! Good news is maybe Vegas 1st and some trade ups can get us one of the top guys. However, a RHD will rise into the top 10 next year as we saw with Yakemchuk and Parekh in addition to top 2 projected Levshunov.

It's probably worth signing a youngish #4 RHD for a bunch of money and term Monday. Benning, Ruuta, Emberson, LaRoque, Jack Thompson, Pohlkamp, and a few late rounders in our system. Don't see many answers for longterm NHL solutions there.

That said, time to celebrate an outstanding first two rounds! Down to a starting goalie, one more franchise forward, and a couple top 4 d-men as organization needs. Franchise center, blue chip D prospect, quality defensive prospect depth, big middle six power forward, and goaltending depth solved this week!

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Chris Peters' way too early 2025 top 10. Of note, no RHD in the top 10. Hensler and Trethewey among the 7 honorable mentions. LHD Schaefer and Sascha Boumedienne at 7 and 8 respectively. 4 centers and RW Martone in the top 5.

Dickinson was sooo critical! Good news is maybe Vegas 1st and some trade ups can get us one of the top guys. However, a RHD will rise into the top 10 next year as we saw with Yakemchuk and Parekh in addition to top 2 projected Levshunov.

It's probably worth signing a youngish #4 RHD for a bunch of money and term Monday. Benning, Ruuta, Emberson, LaRoque, Jack Thompson, Pohlkamp, and a few late rounders in our system. Don't see many answers for longterm NHL solutions there.

That said, time to celebrate an outstanding first two rounds! Down to a starting goalie, one more franchise forward, and a couple top 4 d-men as organization needs. Franchise center, blue chip D prospect, quality defensive prospect depth, big middle six power forward, and goaltending depth solved this week!
Hensler was not good at the U18, which is probably why he falls off the top-10. Hopefully he has an awesome year at UND (I think) and shows he’s worthy of a top-5 pick. Or, he has a good season but other guys have better seasons and he falls to the Vegas pick. I like the player, but he needs to do better this season if he wants to be a top tier prospect.

That said, Porter Martone is the guy we need to complete our top-6. Matthew Schaefer is going to establish himself as a top-5 pick. I’m very locked on both of those guys going into the draft. The RD thing may become a problem at some point, but if you build up a good enough prospect pool there’s no one you can’t acquire.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad